• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

TheRed

For real? I ordered it from there months ago and haven't got my key.

They even said on twitter that they weren't sending out keys until the 22nd-23rd.

I didn't get a new email about it.Check your email from the original order confirmation. Should have a download link. Earlier today the key wasn't there but now it was. I ordered months ago too.

Maybe it was already posted here but one of the devs put this on twitter a few hours ago:

Can't wait to get to know them all.

Yeah me too. A little disappointed only 1 of them is a new type of alien. Would've appreciated more.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, say what you will about individual parts of the visuals like some animations that are not quite on point, or ugly human models, but overall this game is absolutely gorgeous. Screenshot folder being forcefeed today

I was watching a stream on a snow world and it made my jaw drop it was so pretty. For the most part, I don't think it is going to disappoint me in the visual department based on what I am seeing.

how did you beat it? there's no cover any where.

I'm playing on hardcore and
one-shot the fiend. There are a bunch of explosive canisters in the back of a truck near the building where you release the fiend. I used Pull and Throw to grab a cluster of them and slam them in the fiends face. As for the kett, I have no specific advice. I just ran around in a panic, picking them off when I could.

Here's some down-sampled pictures from the Pro version, first 10 minutes, nothing spoilery. I started the game as Sarah but I think I'll restart it as Scott tomorrow when I formally begin playing the game. Sarah has a constant smirk on her face and it's sort of annoying and distracting.

Super glad I bought the T3 USB SSD before this, loads are quick and snappy.

Do SSDs really help *that* much with games?

Trickster

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1352813

This thread has some good models and sliders...also reddit has some..

Yeah if you're like me and suck at character creators, that thread is great. Someone had a great femryder that i copied and made a few tiny changes to.

I was watching a stream on a snow world and it made my jaw drop it was so pretty. For the most part, I don't think it is going to disappoint me in the visual department based on what I am seeing.

I've been on a blackout, but did see one or two screens from the snow world, and people seem to say that world is incredible from a visual point of view, definitely looking forward to that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I read there's a work around to quick save during story missions. Change objectives, save and change back.

When you load that save, would you be at the same spot?

Additionally, I am afraid that since that is basically circumventing over something that is not possible in the first place, it might make the game even more unstable.

Yeah if you're like me and suck at character creators, that thread is great. Someone had a great femryder that i copied and made a few tiny changes to.

Really, once you know which preset is being used for a character it won't be difficult at all to recreate that character since you can barely change the presets as it is anyways.

ironcreed

Banned
For better or worse I am just glad that we have a new Mass Effect. It's been too long and I have seen more than enough to know that I will have some fun.

Stiler

I didn't get a new email about it.Check your email from the original order confirmation. Should have a download link. Earlier today the key wasn't there but now it was. I ordered months ago too.

Yeah me too. A little disappointed only 1 of them is a new type of alien. Would've appreciated more.

Sweet that worked for me, thank you!

Man the Kett outpost mission on
Voeld
is some grade A garbage, I like the game but I wasted so much time because of the awful save system and then getting oneshot from full health and shields by the
boss
because I dared go in melee range.
And would the game sensibly ley me try it again no I had to go through the tedious shit beforehand again.

I ended up cheesing one of the stages because opponents would literally spawn right before you out of the nether, which meant I could take a route skipping all those points and for the tedious part I switched difficulty to narrative up till the moment I got oneshot then back to harcore. I don't give a damn about achievements thankfully.

It's sad actually because it could have been a great mission if it just let you save or autosaved at better intervals and fixed the spawn points.

ironcreed

Banned
lets-ride.gif

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Starting it up on PS4. Will play 60-90 minutes and sacrifice a little sleep. Expectations in check after reviews so hoping I enjoy it.

I'm also using the default name. I like that some NPCs call you Scott instead of just Ryder.
Also, in the case of a possible sequel I'm sure they will screw-up the faces if there are an import option.

Wait, what if I use the default name but not the default appearance? Will everyone call my character Scott/Sara?

mikemandey

Wait, what if I use the default name but not the default appearance? Will everyone call my character Scott/Sara?

They will still call you Scott/Sara.. I know because I forgot to rename my custom fem Ryder and the Asari doctor in the beginning of the game called me Sara

Jobbs

Banned
Is anyone else sticking with default Ryder? I tried customizing my Ryder, but I scrapped him because I wasn't happy with him. I'm sticking with default Ryders for my first playthrough.

Yup. Using default Sarah. Normally I like to customize but the editor is so restricted I couldn't make anything I liked.

I don't usually use VPN but it was easy enough and what do you know, I can play.

What an incredible mixed bag. The game is quite polished in a lot of ways, stylish even. Gorgeous to look at and controls well.

But the facial animations are indeed a constant distraction, with eyes darting all over the place and mouths moving strangely.

And the quality of the writing is really worse than I could even have imagined in some cases. You have an epic plot and a fairly, sophisticated sci-fi scenario, and the script has the characters just dropping lame one liners after the other. The whole first mission on the first planet, Liam and the player character were just trying to one up each other with who could say the dumbest thing next. It's totally bonkers. Like a bad sitcom. And it couldn't be more at odds with the plot and the setting. It would be weird in any game, but Mass Effect? Makes no sense.

And yet the game can be good in spite of its best efforts to spoil itself.

Top Bottom