• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Pineapple

So I need some help setting up my controls. For some reason, I need to click my right mouse button twice in order to enable ADS. If I click just once, it simply focuses my targeting reticle - only by double tapping the right mouse button does ADS actually activate.

How can I set this up so that just right clicking once enables ADS?

Grassy

So it's worth it to just open the crates and see if you get something valuable rather than selling them for $2 a pop?

Well that's the gamble really, sell the crates for an easy few dollars, or risk it for a potential item worth a lot more.

You might get trash, you might get treasure...

bounchfx

Holy cannoli. Just did a solo round, finally got a kill! actually, wound up getting FOUR. first time I've gotten any. Micro Uzi w/silence is da bomb. Started with a big 'oops' because when I landed from the plane jump I took big damage.. never happened before, I think it glitched me through a roof. That sucked. Also made a big error by completely forgetting to loot the people I killed. Lost at the end because I had 4 bullets, no scope, no healing. made it to #10 out of 95 or whatever. what a rush. Definitely gotta learn from my mistakes and be better prepared next time, pretty sure I coulda done better at the end.

Tokubetsu

Holy cannoli. Just did a solo round, finally got a kill! actually, wound up getting FOUR. first time I've gotten any. Micro Uzi w/silence is da bomb. Started with a big 'oops' because when I landed from the plane jump I took big damage.. never happened before, I think it glitched me through a roof. That sucked. Also made a big error by completely forgetting to loot the people I killed. Lost at the end because I had 4 bullets, no scope, no healing. made it to #10 out of 95 or whatever. what a rush. Definitely gotta learn from my mistakes and be better prepared next time, pretty sure I coulda done better at the end.

Silencer are incredibly powerful even on something like an ump. I do the AR x SR preferred loadout all the try hards to but I 100% don't mind dropping one of them for say a silenced ump. The ability to almost entirely destroy your opponents ability to quickly and accurately spot you is the closest you can become to invisible in this game without a ghilie suit.

which, speaking of, I haven't seen anyone with a ghilie suit in ages. Are ppl not hunting crates as frequently anymore? I haven't seen any in crates in like half a month and I haven't run into any in the wild either.

Blizzard

Banned
I saw a person wearing a ghillie suit maybe once in the last week. Obviously I might not have seen others if they were hidden. :p Someone with a M249 also finished #2 in a recent match.

I avoid almost all crates since I very rarely have a sniper with an 8x scope and I assume any crate is being camped by 4x/8x scope people for free kills.

Blizzard

Banned
Dont go straight down till your parachute opens

Like 0.5 - 1 secs before it auto deploys let go of W so that your guy goes back into free fall

This drops you at least 15 - 20m lower
I experimented but I don't understand this. Why not go straight down until your parachute opens?

I tried not going straight down (just 224 speed or so) until the parachute opened, and also using the extra free fall, yet 3-5 people STILL beat me to the ground. By the time I ran into a second tiny shack maybe 30 feet from my landing spot, someone already had a fully loaded autoshotgun and vector. It was bizarre.

Blizzard

Banned
I experimented but I don't understand this. Why not go straight down until your parachute opens?

I tried not going straight down (just 224 speed or so) until the parachute opened, and also using the extra free fall, yet 3-5 people STILL beat me to the ground. By the time I ran into a second tiny shack maybe 30 feet from my landing spot, someone already had a fully loaded autoshotgun and vector. It was bizarre.
It does look like there's a free fall animation just before the parachute releases, yet that how to parachute video says it's NOT the case anymore, and you can just keep holding the forward button the entire time. Whom do I believe!

Grassy

I saw a person wearing a ghillie suit maybe once in the last week. Obviously I might not have seen others if they were hidden. :p Someone with a M249 also finished #2 in a recent match.

I avoid almost all crates since I very rarely have a sniper with an 8x scope and I assume any crate is being camped by 4x/8x scope people for free kills.

I was playing a match yesterday and the final circles were ending on the mountain just north of Mylta, and as I came down to a Harry Potter/Wizard tower I saw a guy in a ghillie suit prone inside on the top floor...3 SKS shots got him, lmao. I mean if he was outside it was perfect hiding territory for a ghillie suit and he probably would have killed me EZ...

I've also had two wins in the wheat fields south of Yasnaya-Polyana against players wearing ghillie suits, they stood out like dogs balls in those fields...the white circle blessed me in those rounds.

Blizzard

Banned
Another landing thing that I don't think the video covered: How do you land and immediately start running, instead of hitting the ground at a crouch? Do you need to reduce your vertical speed before hitting the ground? One time I pressed run and started sprinting without a delay, so I assume it's possible.

I just got my third top 3 finish in 2 days. My heart was pounding so hard. I saw one of the remaining 2 guys, had him in my sights, but he died first so I had to find the other guy. With just a M16A4 and 4x scope, I got 75% of the remaining guy's health killed but he outsniped me so I lost. ;____; That's two wins now that I could have gotten if I were slightly better.

nashman

Struggling with KBandM. Only the second day thou. Playing in 3rd person. Even just targeting with right mouse button is confusing some times it just goes over the shoulder then sometimes it's ADS then it gets stuck in first person????

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Mannnnnnnnnnnn so close to my first solo chicken. Down to the last two, small circle, had him in my sights, got a shot off on him, saw the spray, kept shooting, then dead :(

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Where did PU say, that the GC crate stuff will be made available in a different way later on? That would devalue my dank collection tbh..

empo

Struggling with KBandM. Only the second day thou. Playing in 3rd person. Even just targeting with right mouse button is confusing some times it just goes over the shoulder then sometimes it's ADS then it gets stuck in first person????
Holding right mouse is just a tighter hipfire. Clicking right mouse is switch to ADS.

jediyoshi

https://youtu.be/wv-c0Libe-k

This montage of dudes trolling streamers with car horns is brilliant.

Hold right click = over the shoulder. Right click = ADS.

Daffy Duck

Åesop;246780868 said:
Where did PU say, that the GC crate stuff will be made available in a different way later on? That would devalue my dank collection tbh..

They didn't.

all they said was after the 27th Gamescom crates would go but you can still buy keys to unlock the crates.

It's also pretty funny they aren't live streaming the tournament and only making it available later.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
They didn't.
It's also pretty funny they aren't live streaming the tournament and only making it available later.

WTF are you serious.. I didnt know that. What's the point of their pubg twitch account then lol this is pathetic

Daffy Duck

Åesop;246781608 said:
WTF are you serious.. I didnt know that. What's the point of their pubg twitch account then lol this is pathetic

I know right, considering that pretty much live streaming put this game where it is, and we get shafted out of watching the tournament we are paying for (partially) through loot crates lol.

Part of me wonders if it's because of some poor casting method or they are wanting to jazz it up with highlights or something as it could be quite boring to watch.

Although in fairness I believe these are qualifaction matches, so maybe they will show the rounds after, but still it would be nice to be able to watch it regardless for those of us that like that.

What time does the Gamescon competition start in the UK?

It started at 10am, it's not being live streamed.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
All the eat-sports stickers plastered on the buildings.. The big advertisement in the main menu.. and you cant even watch it lmfao. gg

Looks like it might only be the qualifiers that aren't streamed, the tournament is 3pm UK time or 4pm CEST.

That better be the case.

Considering it's advertised in the menu, with stickers in-game, and all Twitch streamers are pushing it hard, it would be utterly moronic to not stream it.

Grassy

Looks like it might only be the qualifiers that aren't streamed, the tournament is 3pm UK time or 4pm CEST.

Yeah it's only the qualifiers which they aren't streaming, of course they're streaming the main tournament. The stream starting times have been on the PUBG main menu for a while now...lol.

Edit: The broadcasting/observing setup for the tournament:
dh54dq0xuaexpf39nsbo.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Åesop;246781868 said:
All the eat-sports stickers plastered on the buildings.. The big advertisement in the main menu.. and you cant even watch it lmfao. gg

The stickers are awesome, makes remembering and calling out buildings in denser areas so much easier.

ironmang

Yeah it's only the qualifiers which they aren't streaming, of course they're streaming the main tournament. The stream starting times have been on the PUBG main menu for a while now...lol.

Edit: The broadcasting/observing setup for the tournament:

Looks like they're in a building on the game map.

Tovarisc

Consider where it landed, when it landed and what are angles. It's always gamble to go for them, but you can get them relatively safely.

Åesop;246780868 said:

You can sell remaining crates and all GC items on market if you want to, but no other way to obtain them after crate is gone.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I watched that honking video and my god, those streamers have lost all sense of reality, they really think they're hot shit and so important. That one kid whining about having people he could reach out to, to get them banned was cringy as fuck, I don't watch Twitch so I don't know who he is but he definitely gets the bitch boy gold medal.

Tovarisc

I watched that honking video and my god, those streamers have lost all sense of reality, they really think they're hot shit and so important. That one kid whining about having people he could reach out to, to get them banned was cringy as fuck, I don't watch Twitch so I don't know who he is but he definitely gets the bitch boy gold medal.

Even without seeing it I'm not surprised if you are talking about Grimmz. He loves to blame every death on "cheaters" and "stream snipers" and at times encourages his viewers to mass report said player so they would get banned.

Daffy Duck

https://youtu.be/wv-c0Libe-k

This montage of dudes trolling streamers with car horns is brilliant.

Hold right click = over the shoulder. Right click = ADS.

Holy shit, that was fucking hilarious.

The music made it, that Top Gun theme and the slowdown classical music hahahahahaha, my days, I nearly choked on my lunch.

pislit

so i promised myself not to play for a time after placing 2nd, but broke it and played the game.

got killed by red zone when it summoned on me while traversing the wheat field.

yas queen slain.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Desert map:

87e7u5u24hhz.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaamn that is looking good. I am loving the close quarters movement between buildings but distance on the backend and to the sides. Can not wait.

Also, this was from my post last night about dust cloud shots:

https://streamable.com/sjs6f

I have no clue what I was doing wrong, I aimed directly on, above and altered for 200m yet got nothing. Was so annoying.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
They have talked and teased this map for months now and still no ETA :(

all resources are focused on the climbing and vaulting.. right after they are done with the stickers of course ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tovarisc

Åesop;246788298 said:
all resources are focused on the climbing and vaulting.. right after they are done with the stickers of course ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Both of new maps are done by outside teams. One in US and in Sweden, afaik.

Top Bottom