• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

I refuse to attack Auston for his large nose and affinity for fidget spinners

also Metroid looks so good 😩👌👌👌👌👌👌

calder

Wait, Karlsson can't even play golf yet because his franken-tendon hasn't "settled in" yet? It keeps splitting HIS SKIN OPEN when he tries?

Can Karlsson play on one foot? He may need to if he wants to be back before the all star break.

Also, random thing on Twitter just now:

DJibp28VYAAQft9.jpg:orig

Best reply on Twitter was:
"I was the knife counterstrikes editor over there for a while but i burned out. There's only so much you can say about knife counterstrikes."

Lol. Also, can't wait to head down to Texas for Christmas again this year. My in-laws neighbors are basically these people come to life - last meal we had with them they kept talking about the AR-15s mods they were buying to protect their horse farm. They have enough assault rifles that they couldn't remember exactly how many they own, which strikes silly old liberal me as being "perhaps enough maybe?".

Line_HTX

As long as McPhee keeps his dirty hands away from the banana stand, I can enjoy this team.

NO TOUCHING!

Calder, I'm guessing some small town in the middle of nowhere? Because the big cities are more welcoming than they are.

calder

Calder, I'm guessing some small town in the middle of nowhere? Because the big cities are more welcoming than they are.

Nah it's the metroplex. Those little cities that are north of Fort Worth like Keller, Westlake and Flower something, but with farmland and pastures between 10 million dollar high school football stadiums. Weird place to me at least. Nice people I guess, but attitudes are just strange to my ears lol. Like the neighbors were super friendly and fun to talk to but then they matter-of-fact speak about how the Government (back then, Obama himself basically) was going to try to take away their guns and I just sit there blankly.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck that plan ugh. SoDo arena should be built but noooooo, the Port doesn't want that and what the port wants, the port gets, after the properly lube up ($$$) the city council.
Sodo is a way better option. $600M to renovate Key is just a total waste of money.

Quick

Banned
The iPhone X is $300 more than the S8 in Canada, lol.

Was thinking of getting this when the rumours were going around, but I might just go for either a 7 Plus or an 8.

Seeing it in demo, the pricing, and how they're basically pushing it as the "next decade of the iPhone" I figured I could jump onto a cheaper model and wait until they make the X design standard.

Socreges

Banned
The iPhone X is $300 more than the S8 in Canada, lol.
I can't justify spending so much on phones given the diminishing returns. I love technology, but it's completely fucking nuts to spend $1300+ on a new phone because it has facial recognition, "SuperRetina", and...I'm not sure what else. Grateful there are manufacturers like OnePlus. For now.

Marvie_3

Banned
I can't justify spending so much on phones given the diminishing returns. I love technology, but it's completely fucking nuts to spend $1300+ on a new phone because it has facial recognition, "SuperRetina", and...I'm not sure what else. Grateful there are manufacturers like OnePlus. For now.

I hear Windows phones are really cheap now.

calder

Flames owners no longer looking to build a new arena (...with a shit ton of public money). Their plan was pure trash, but I somehow doubt their next idea will be much better.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Flames owners no longer looking to build a new arena (...with a shit ton of public money). Their plan was pure trash, but I somehow doubt their next idea will be much better.

Well the plan did also include a new football stadium and a convention center, which ramped up the cost like a motherfucker.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've gotta say, even though the S8 is beautiful phone, i'm VERY disappointed with the quality of the glass. I've had it for about a month now and only keep it in my jeans pocket together with the supplied headphones and I already have one deep-ish ~1cm scratch and TONS of tiny specks/scratches all over the screen. Really, really lame with how apparent low-quality their gorilla glass is. I had my iPhone for 3 years and the scratches weren't this bad.

Sanjuro

I've gotta say, even though the S8 is beautiful phone, i'm VERY disappointed with the quality of the glass. I've had it for about a month now and only keep it in my jeans pocket together with the supplied headphones and I already have one deep-ish ~1cm scratch and TONS of tiny specks/scratches all over the screen. Really, really lame with how apparent low-quality their gorilla glass is. I had my iPhone for 3 years and the scratches weren't this bad.

Don't ever talk to me or my Galaxy again.

I haven't had any issues with the S8+ so far.

Alright peeps gather 'round it's time for this week's edition of at work with Dub.....

Today I'm out here in the mountains, really deep in the mountains. This property is like a half mile gravel path of some podunk road nestled down in the valley. It's a newer house built up 15 years ago by a good builder etc etc.

Though something isn't right. Now I'm not a ghost dude but sometimes you get houses that are just really fucking creepy. This was one of them. When I was taking pictures of the front of the house I immediately get that feeling like I'm not alone (which is something I'm concerned about constantly, don't want to walk in on some meth addict alone in a dark house). Brushing that off the first thing that greets me when I open the door is four chairs in a semi circle facing the door. So now it looks like someone went through great lengths to make this place as creepy as can be. The shower curtains were drawn in both bathrooms, one room has a bunch of furniture in a tight cone in the center, another room had two mattresses with blankets that looked like someone just got up and ran from. I say fuck it, I have my photos and don't need to be inside a minute longer.

Outside I need to get a good photo of the back so I figure I can climb up the back and get those. Grass is a bit high and see what look like stepping stones to get up. Problem is that these stones are slippery as all hell. Weird, so I brush away some of the grass and see:

Hell no, they don't pay me enough for this poltergeist bullshit. I'm walking around the wet ground on what could be a graveyard, next thing will be some honey confederate grabbing me from the dirt.

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright peeps gather 'round it's time for this week's edition of at work with Dub.....

Today I'm out here in the mountains, really deep in the mountains. This property is like a half mile gravel path of some podunk road nestled down in the valley. It's a newer house built up 15 years ago by a good builder etc etc.

Though something isn't right. Now I'm not a ghost dude but sometimes you get houses that are just really fucking creepy. This was one of them. When I was taking pictures of the front of the house I immediately get that feeling like I'm not alone (which is something I'm concerned about constantly, don't want to walk in on some meth addict alone in a dark house). Brushing that off the first thing that greets me when I open the door is four chairs in a semi circle facing the door. So now it looks like someone went through great lengths to make this place as creepy as can be. The shower curtains were drawn in both bathrooms, one room has a bunch of furniture in a tight cone in the center, another room had two mattresses with blankets that looked like someone just got up and ran from. I say fuck it, I have my photos and don't need to be inside a minute longer.

Outside I need to get a good photo of the back so I figure I can climb up the back and get those. Grass is a bit high and see what look like stepping stones to get up. Problem is that these stones are slippery as all hell. Weird, so I brush away some of the grass and see:

Hell no, they don't pay me enough for this poltergeist bullshit. I'm walking around the wet ground on what could be a graveyard, next thing will be some honey confederate grabbing me from the dirt.
You should make your own ghost show. I would watch.

Or be on it. 😃

yyzjohn

Banned

I would have taken off in a full sprint as soon as I saw the chairs.

Spoopytime?

Saw a ghosty-thing once. My girlfriend (now wife) and I both. Driving home at night, in the rain, and we both saw a dude standing on the side of the road wearing like mid-19 century clothing. We slowed down and he was gone.

We were both tired, and it was pretty dark. Probably some piece of shit doing weird stuff.

But still.

In the house I grew up in doors would randomly slam shut from time to time. Like, I'd be in my room, playing with Lego, and SLAM! goes my bedroom door closed. Fuck that.

PillarEN

Bones, your old house probably just had a a bunch of drafts coming in from who knows where. Could even been small cracks at the seams of walls or windows and such. Though it probably was ghosts.

Anime ghosts.

Socreges

Banned
Spoopytime?

Saw a ghosty-thing once. My girlfriend (now wife) and I both. Driving home at night, in the rain, and we both saw a dude standing on the side of the road wearing like mid-19 century clothing. We slowed down and he was gone.

We were both tired, and it was pretty dark. Probably some piece of shit doing weird stuff.

But still.

In the house I grew up in doors would randomly slam shut from time to time. Like, I'd be in my room, playing with Lego, and SLAM! goes my bedroom door closed. Fuck that.
Baby bones didn't realize that other doors or windows were open in the house which was affecting the air pressure and therefore his bedroom door.

jk it was ghosts

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
rip philip connell of brandon vermont, killed in lee's mill earthworks

that lnolanst dude was part of an african-american infantry in WW1 and I can't find a record about him

eyeless

https://theathletic.com/97243/2017/09/12/the-top-100-nhlers-under-25-years-old-part-2/
Pronman's Top 49 players Under 25 said:
1. Connor McDavid
2. Auston Matthews
3. Patrik Laine
4. Jack Eichel
5. David Pastrnak
6. Nikita Kucherov
7. Aaron Ekblad
8. Aleksander Barkov
9. Mitch Marner
10. Zach Werenksi
11. Mark Schiefele
12. Filip Forsberg
13. Nathan MacKinnon
14. Leon Draisaitl
15. Johnny Gaudreau
16. Sebastian Aho
17. Viktor Arvidsson
18. Jesse Puljujarvi
19. Sean Monahan
20. Nikolaj Ehlers
21. William Nylander
22. Hampus Lindholm
23. Matthew Tkachuk
24. Seth Jones
25. Jonathan Drouin
26. Vincent Trocheck
27. Ivan Provorov
28. Brandon Saad
29. Colton Parayko
30. Dylan Larkin
31. Jacob Trouba
32. Dougie Hamilton
33. Jonathan Hubredeau
34. Alex Galchenyuk
35. Oscar Klefbom
36. Shayne Gostisbhere
37. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
38. Rasmus Ristolainen
39. Jaccob Slavin
40. Bo Horvat
41. Rikard Rakell
42. Matt Murray
43. Sam Reinhart
44. Mika Zibanejad
45. Gabriel Landeskog
46. Morgan Rielly
47. Anthony Mantha
48. Brayden Point
49. Alex Wennberg
i actually came across pronman's prospect ranking with laine above matthews yesterday and wondered to myself if their rookie years had any effect on his opinion, got my answer i guess

Baby bones didn't realize that other doors or windows were open in the house which was affecting the air pressure and therefore his bedroom door.

jk it was ghosts

Stop trying to ruin the spookytimes!

This fun thing happened all year 'round. One of the lovely things you get to experience growing up in turn of the century heritage house.

Best of all was the cellar. It was just a (badly) poured concrete floor and brick walls that had been plastered over, with the plaster falling off in some places. The lights of course were just exposed hanging bulbs too. A handful of times I'd be down there doing laundry and the bulb would pop. Fuck that too.

Stasis

GF and I just broke up on our third anniversary. Yeah.

Now that's some shit timing. Depends on who was the initiator I suppose, but it's not easy regardless. Anything I can say is fucking worthless but still, positive energy and good vibes your way mate. I've been on both sides of that and they both suck =/

Top Bottom