• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: Metal Gear Solid 5 announced or not (Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour OGRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The speculation above is top notch.

Oh great. Whether this is real or not, it's somehow sparking my dormant Metal Gear cravings all over again. I'm weak.

I saw speculation elsewhere that it's about Big Boss using child soldiers to mine blood diamonds to fund Outer Heaven. Sounds...crazy, but it is Kojima.

Does Kojima even have the balls to do something this bold and interesting anymore? Nowadays, he seems determined to retroactively redeem Big Boss at any cost.

You all of course realise that this kind of fake is the exact king of hallmark of obsessed fans, cramming old series stuff into new meaning?

Its gonna be really sad if they next game Kojima shows is MGS5 after trying to make something new since Peace Walker.

But hey, maybe Big Boss starts getting dementia and starts seeing people as angels and demons, hence him going plenty villain-like from a guy that just seemed a bit mislead by the end of Peace Walker.

At that point he's gonna start popping pills and diving while dual welding ;P

Forkball

Kojima should pull an Assassin's Creed and completely revamp the setting and time period. No twenty year leaps, I want MGS: 1500/2300.

BadWolf

It would be very cool if they had us play as Big Boss during Metal Gear, trying to fight young Snake off (while trying to handle bigger threats, Snake being an unknown thorn in his side sorta).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
You all of course realise that this kind of fake is the exact king of hallmark of obsessed fans, cramming old series stuff into new meaning?

Its gonna be really sad if they next game Kojima shows is MGS5 after trying to make something new since Peace Walker.

But hey, maybe Big Boss starts getting dementia and starts seeing people as angels and demons, hence him going plenty villain-like from a guy that just seemed a bit mislead by the end of Peace Walker.
To be fair I'm pretty sure project OGRE started off as a original non-MGS title. Afaik kojima even confirmed something along those lines.

Things are leading more and more looking like it'll be a remake of MG1 and/or MG2. The Zero hint
(showing for the first time post-MGS3 affiliation with Big Boss/The Patriots during MG1/2 period)
, Diamond Dog emblem=same breed as the one in Fox Engine preview, etc.
That is, if any of this is actually real. Diehard fans could definitely fake something like this with some thought.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Looking forward for the first trailer.

Hope Lizard, Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Hulk and Red Skull have their appearance this time.

PS4 launch title
Play as child soldiers
Killing child solders, so taboo
Open World
Your pet dog can talk via nano machines, his first line is "just like my japanese animes"
Love interest with raiden
Big Boss is the final boss
End of big boss saga

100 on metacritic

hemo memo

Gold Member
HXeME.jpg

Capturadepantalla2012-03-02alas224754.png

??

braves01

Banned
Fake or not, the speculation has me hyped.

Also, what are the odds Kojima has people play as a child soldier (maybe Raiden) at some point? That would be really f'd up.

Onemic

Please be fake. Kojima already ruined what was left of MGS's great reputation with the complete abomination that is MGS4. Where's the MGS4 ending gif?

Hanmik

I wonder how long it takes before we have our own MGS5 screenshots "taken" by gaffers..?

I seem to remember so many good screenshots from some of our more talented gaffers,.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom