• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

Guys I need someone telling me I'm not crazy or blind or something.

I'm playing Witcher 2, and I've noticed that in areas with complicated lightings, surfaces with "half shadows" look dithered like old school gifs.
I have resized the area at 300% with nearest neighbor to best show the effect.

Is it how it is supposed to be or there's something wrong here?

I'm playing with everything set at ultra (except ubersampling, turned off to double the framerate), gamma and brightness both at 5 (medium value).

yeah this was bad for me as well. turning down the sharpening helps a little if i remember correctly

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Not sure how legit they are but...they are based in the UK.
8zTNOG3.png

Edit: And Origin has got currently 50% discount.
Steam keeps rejecting the key I'm giving it. Should I email support?

Gamepad or kb/m?

I just tried doing those 10-idol challenges in Bastion.

TEARS. Holy crap, that's some difficult shit right here.

Hahaha. Yeah, they weren't easy, man. :D

Just picked up Tropico 5 for 1tf key on Steam trades.

Super deal for a game out less than two weeks.

Should get a good few hours out of it over the summer.

Hmmm, now my interest is piqued.

Sounds like fun, might grab on the vita as it seems like something that'd be nice for rounds on the go.

It's coming to Vita to? Even indie devs have more sense than Sony and SE. ;)

Played a bit of LEGO Marvel, the game is pretty good. And FYI, playfire's achievements aren't that hard to get at least the .10 ones and one .50.

Are they story related, collectable related, or weird random things like "beat x with y"?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah just noticed that all pre-Ass Creed 2 games use GMG's capsule. What are the other externally developed Ubi games
That are using steam activation? Can't seem to find any at least from those that GMG is selling

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is Steamworks in general and GMG also stocks Steam keys for Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30.

FF 7 & 8 for 5€ a piece: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/final-fantasy

Looks like it's region locked for Asia only, I can put them into my cart. Cheapest 8 has been so far?

Brazil is in South America, not Asia. ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whoa, wait. Are there summer achievements coming?!

Can I get an update? I've been watching Treehouse Live for two days straight.

Not achievements, but badges (a regular and a foil). Mystery Cards replaced coupons as a crafting reward yesterday, indicating that the Summer Sale would begin next Thursday, a date which Paysafecard later confirmed. Once the sale begins you'll also be able to earn the cards by voting in Community's Choice polls and spending $10 on the store. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the cards will expire once the sale is over as this was the case with the Winter Sale's snow globe cards, in which case if you'd like to craft the sale badge/s but are short of cards, I'd wait until the final day of the sale before buying as people are going to rush to the market in hope of getting some money back before they disappear.

Man, Crimsonland so good. Just as much fun as I remember it being.

Here's your typical level at the start

And when you finish

zkylon warning: game features lots of silly looking spiders

Both.

If you use the gamepad, does it just play like a twin stick shooter? Or does the second stick just move the aiming cursor in place of the mouse?

--

How do you guys find people willing to do the 4 pack thing for games where you end up paying 1 key?

Not achievements, but badges (a regular and a foil). Mystery Cards replaced coupons as a crafting reward yesterday, indicating that the Summer Sale would begin next Thursday, a date which Paysafecard later confirmed. Once the sale begins you'll also be able to earn the cards by voting in Community's Choice polls and spending $10 on the store. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the cards will expire once the sale is over as this was the case with the Winter Sale's snow globe cards, in which case if you'd like to craft the sale badge/s but are short of cards, I'd wait until the final day of the sale before buying as people are going to rush to the market in hope of getting some money back before they disappear.
Yeah I've been on in on the card Summer/Winter sales already.

I just got the VVVVVV update and then saw someone else talking about going for a specific achievement in something and got my hopes up, haha.

Boy I miss those meta-game sales.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yep. You have to do the girlfriend challenges and you will receive videos of the models dancing. The more challenges you do the less they will wear.

:lol:

I need to play this game...

...for science.

excellent. need my preorder now.

Oh shit, this is pretty sweet.

Derp

Bastion is fucking amazing. Got it for around $2 on the Steam sale a couple of weeks ago. Feels like I stole it.

I guess I'll eventually buy Transistor, if this is anything to go by.

75 new games greenlit:

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269177587

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm made it.

Excellent. Hopefully they give Steam keys to Indiegogo backers when it's complete.

It plays like a twin stick, the only difference being the crosshair rotates around you at a fixed distance instead of freely moving.

Excellent. On my wishlist it stays.

Bastion is fucking amazing. Got it for around $2 on the Steam sale a couple of weeks ago. Feels like I stole it.

You did. I can't believe I slept on it so long.
And I even got the achievement during the summer sale the one year for a ticket, but it never really grabbed me... then I decided to try to play through this January and it quickly became one of the best games I've played in recent years.

Trejik

Surprisingly, Transistor is quite different from Bastion. Still a hell of a game. I think I might actually like it more than Bastion.

HoosTrax

Just noticed that there's a movie on Netflix called Company of Heroes. The Wikipedia page claims it's based on the game, but plot summary doesn't sound anything even remotely like any of the SP campaigns in CoH.

Speaking of which, I don't suppose they're finally done doling out DLC for CoH2 yet? Would like to get a complete pack at some point.

Turfster

Just noticed that there's a movie on Netflix called Company of Heroes. The Wikipedia page claims it's based on the game, but plot summary doesn't sound anything even remotely like any of the SP campaigns in CoH.
For a change, not an Uwe Boll game movie, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne, Dungeon Siege, Postal, Far Cry

Speaking of which, I don't suppose they're finally done doling out DLC for CoH2 yet? Would like to get a complete pack at some point.

Just watch Band of Brothers or The Pacific instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom