• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It didn't look that bad. I only noticed the frame drops once in the first video. The second with the player spinning around was a bit worse. Still it's nothing gamebreaking.

sirap

Ridley327

Figured this would run the worst on PS4. I just had a hunch.

So if this runs better on XB1 can we finally start to talk about MS marketing deal shenanigans because this would make it 100%. The other games that ran better on XB1 all had marketing deals but anytime anyone brings it up they get a tinfoilhat.gif thrown in their face.

Didn't BF4 have a marketing deal with MS? That unquestionably looked and ran better on PS4.

You're the crazy one for not giving a shit about FPS

Even if it doesn't matter to you, it's still a negative aspect of this version of the game

It would be one thing if people were complaining about 60 fps, but when you say locked 30 fps and even betray that...it's something

All these defensive posts, someone breakout the review chart

Scrawnton

So if this runs better on XB1 can we finally start to talk about MS marketing deal shenanigans because this would make it 100%. The other games that ran better on XB1 all had marketing deals but anytime anyone brings it up they get a tinfoilhat.gif thrown in their face.

Not sure if they're hiding the ps4 version, apparently most reviewers were given the PS4 version, not the Xbox version. I recall hearing something to that effect from giant bomb.

So despite the marketing deal, it's possible the Xbox version runs worse.

MajorTom

It looks fine to me.
Not completely solid but you're definitely being hyperbolic.
Huge improvement over last gen Bethesda games.

Point is, i can forgive TW3 for having these problems because it's really huge and actually has no loading times for interiors.

But this one? That barely looks like a current gen game? It's really ridiculous how behind Bethesda is regarding tech.
Qft

bomblord1

Banned
Is this a stealth "30 fps is too low" thread? I watched the video and I seen 1 instance of the framerate getting choppy and it lasted all of 2 seconds.

Pastry

Banned
Could you post a video from a firefight? Looked pretty bad.

I can't believe the gymnastics people are going through to excuse negative aspects of this game.

Chinner

Banned
Wow, this really adds to genius of combat.

Bethsda develop games for their audience, and they know that the majority of gamers have never fired a gun. The low frame-rate represents the PTSD the player is experiencing as the combat is so realistic. I think it would be realistic to assume that if any of us were under gun-fire we would be incredibly scared, and damaged. With each low frame, the player is imagining their life passing before their eyes.

As usual, Bethesda create the perfect blank slate which allows the player to create the ultimate role play experience.

10/10

Krakn3Dfx

Watched the video, I'm just not seeing it. Looks fine to me.

Edit: NM, could see it walking through a door frame and the explosion. Doesn't seem unplayable for me personally, but I'd need to see more. Double dipped on the PS4 version along side the PC for Remote Play purposes, so hopefully they'll get this ironed out soon after launch.

tkscz

If you're expecting a solid 30 from a Bethesda game running on consoles, your expectations are too high.

image.php

Ciri

Neo Member
I'm fine with 1-3 dips from 30 but anything more than that is not enjoyable at all. I canceled my preorder after seeing other video of same issues as well and gonna eagerly wait for patches to solve the problem.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Hoo boy. Here we go.

How does my comment fit in with the others? Are you implying I think these FPS drops are fine?

No they are fucking terrible, but par for the course for Bethesda Softworks. It's why i'm not even considering pre-ordering this game.

the boogeyman is real

Scrawnton

so are we at the point where "cool story bro" is a fine response
if you don't care about technical aspect of things ala framerate why bother even posting in here

Because then the narrative becomes that this game is a "horrible mess and don't buy" type of conversation. I was expecting much worse based upon the title of this thread. After watching the video, I am not concerned at all.

Bl@de

Drops to around 20fps with nothing happening. Wonderful. Bethesda and consoles ... the neverending battle.

marrec

Banned
I'm so glad that framerate doesn't affect me as much as other people. Video in the OP looked choppy, but completely playable.

Tigress

Boy am I glad I don't give a shit about FPS. That looked absolutely fine to me.

You people are crazy.

I think we are the rare few in this forum. Hell, I loved borderlands 2 on my vita. Judging by all the crap that was said about how it ran compared to reactions here I don't even know if I'll notice (didnt look at the video as i want to see as little of the game as possible before I play). I mean I barely noticed the frame rate of b2 on vita and it was perfectly playable to me. And b2 on vita had a lot more consistent reactions on how bad it was. I think the argument wasn't if people noticed it or not rather than if it was playable. Hell, I can't say I never noticed it ( but it wasn't bad enough to ruin my enjoyment either. Though I did think it ran better than fallout 3 and new Vegas on PS3. Hell, I'll be happy if f4 runs as smooth as Skyrim did on my PS3 when I played it a year after release).

I'm so glad frame rate isn't something that will ruin a game for me as I'd have plenty of games I love be ruined judging from the complaints they get about it here.

Siege.exe

Only place I noticed it is when you approached that hole in the wall about 18-20 seconds in, and it didn't look that bad. I do have horrible eyes though, and I'm not as sensitive to framerate as most people are.

Because then the narrative becomes that this game is a "horrible mess and don't buy" type of conversation. I was expecting much worse based upon the title of this thread. After watching the video, I am not concerned at all.

Nah man I have no issue with posts like thoughts that at least talk about why people feel its alright
Shit like cool story bro is just weak tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom