• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. ios. Universal. Worldwide release. $10. Out today!

Alex

I'll rebuy, it'll be fun to play it in a good resolution even if I just beat it a few months ago.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Definitely double dipping on this, one of the best games of last year.

Maybe not at $10 on the iOS, though.

iOS games selling for $1, claim app store ruining game industry

Port of excellent game priced at a low $10, complain about price

ksimm

Woohoo glad I held out on this one. I am more pro-handheld gaming with DS / PSP etc, but this type of game with no need for dpad/sticks is ideal for iDevices.

Firebrand

Hmm... maybe it's just the video, but watching the trailer the visuals seem squashed, like it's the wrong aspect ratio... text seems normal though.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
The wonderful animation is in HD?

Fuuuuuuuucccckkkk

Edit, get some gifs up in here!

stupei

I'm totally going to double dip because 1) Missile and 2) I lent my copy to a friend and she hasn't even started it yet, so I'm never going to get it back at this rate. :(

BUY THIS GAME, PEOPLE.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just completed this on my (3)DS. $10 will be £15 in the UK? Probably that price my mother spent buying it for as a present since that was her budget. Only have an Android and I prefer using my game system for games and conserving battery for phone calls on my phone so I'm happy with the version I got.

Nice for others to experience it especially as the DS version will probably be out of print soon.

abasm

I just finished the game a few months ago, so I'll probably jump on this when I feel like replaying it a few years from now. (It might be cheaper then, too.)

Pietepiet

It surprises me every time that people can complain about paying $10 for a game of damn fine quality. It should not matter what system it's on, how long the game is or if it's 2D or 3D (cause this one happens a lot as well. 2D games are apparently valued less than 3D games). What you pay for is the quality of the game, and with Ghost Trick $10 is really, REALLY damn cheap.

I paid 40 euros for this and never regret it once, because I knew I was supporting amazing developers.

Emitan

Yesssssss. Finally gonna play Ghost Trick

As to why I never picked this up for DS when I'm a Nintendo fanboy? I dunno.

Shiggy

It surprises me every time that people can complain about paying $10 for a game of damn fine quality. It should not matter what system it's on, how long the game is or if it's 2D or 3D (cause this one happens a lot as well. 2D games are apparently valued less than 3D games). What you pay for is the quality of the game, and with Ghost Trick $10 is really, REALLY damn cheap.

10€/USD is a fair price for a title like this/ of this length with next to no replay value.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I disagree. Japanese companies need to learn how to price their iOS ports like everyone else.

The Japanese iOS release made you pay after every two chapters and ended up costing roughly as much as the DS version, iirc.

Not available in Australia but it is in New Zealand? Boo

After all the good word of mouth I'm looking forward to checking this out.

Lime

Not available in Denmark yet :(

Excellent news though. Already cancelled my 2 week standing order with thehut who was selling it for 15 GBP.

Ubisoft has made it clear that their 3DS lineup will all move over to iOS, I believe. That Ghost Recon strategy game is supposed to be a really good spiritual successor to X-Com and it's on iOS now.

lineup... shadow wars was good... but just imagining an ios port of splinter cell 3 got me shivers. There aren't enough buttons on a controller for that game >.>"

Evlar

Banned
Will certainly double dip. I'm hopeful this means further support for the series! We need more Ghost Trick.

Top Bottom