• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're quite the dedicated fan!

The problem is, none of the points you mentioned in your first paragraph actually mean School Days is good. A bad show can accomplish all those things. (and indeed one did, it's called School days! :p) Furthermore, the character themselves are bad. Not just in the sense that they're unlikeable, that's the whole point of School days, (although that does add to the problem), but they're weak cardboard characters who do illogical stuff simply to get that emotional reaction you spoke so highly of.
They're middle school students with
mild-to-severe mental/emotional problems
, and they act the part. You may not have liked the characters, but their behavior and interactions made perfect sense in-universe.

I'm not saying that Evangelion and School Days are of comparable quality, but you might as well be complaining that Shinji was a bad character for not manning up and beating the shit out of the Angels.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
They're middle school students with
mild-to-severe mental/emotional problems
, and they act the part. You may not have liked the characters, but their behavior and interactions made perfect sense in-universe.

I'm not saying that Evangelion and School Days are of comparable quality, but you might as well be complaining that Shinji was a bad character for not manning up and beating the shit out of the Angels.

I don't feel like getting into a big discussion now, but I'll just say that Shinji had the pressure of trying to keep the entire world safe resting on his shoulders, and so his breakdowns and actions made sense, you don't have that in School Days.

Ultimadrago

Fate/Zero 3

Personality contest: Soul Eater's Excalibur > Archer.

Rider still being One-Hundred PERCENT testosterman!

Dem RPG terms (Skills, Base Stats) getting thrown about!

Saber's cute, yet so classy/knightly.

Kiritsugu is
gonna bring the paaaaaain!

I don't feel like getting into a big discussion now, but I'll just say that Shinji had the pressure of trying to keep the entire world safe resting on his shoulders, and so his breakdowns and actions made sense, you don't have that in School Days.
Point is, if Shinji was a different character or the people around him weren't such assholes, then he might not have behaved like he did. The same goes for School Days. As soon as the characters took the stage, the story practically wrote itself.

Mirai Nikki 22

Okay, the censorship wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought even if the amazing scene looked a lot cooler in the manga (spoilers obviously).

But still, incredible episode. They turned my favorite portion of the series into something even more memorable. The facial expressions, the pacing, the dialog; it was all perfect. And with 4 episodes left, I have no doubt the remaining 8 chapters will be covered. Should be a fun finale.

I'm saddened more people aren't watching this. Seriously might be the best adaptation of a crazy series in years.

JKTrix

Urgh, that horrible moment when you fancy starting a show only to find out it's not on crunchyroll in your region.
VPNs and Proxies and stuff, my friend. Been in Bermuda for a little over a month, haven't missed an ep of Chihayafuru yet.

I'm paying for a VPN myself, $5 a month (the reliability is worth it), but there are free things around you could try.

Reknoc

VPNs and Proxies and stuff, my friend. Been in Bermuda for a little over a month, haven't missed an ep of Chihayafuru yet.

I'm paying for a VPN myself, $5 a month (the reliability is worth it), but there are free things around you could try.

Yea, I use Hotspot Shield for Crunchyroll and Netflix, it's just an extra step that gets annoying (though I've found I only need to log into crunchyroll, then I can turn hotspot shield off).

Azure J

Mirai Nikki 22

Okay, the censorship wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought even if the amazing scene looked a lot cooler in the manga (spoilers obviously).

But still, incredible episode. They turned my favorite portion of the series into something even more memorable. The facial expressions, the pacing, the dialog; it was all perfect. And with 4 episodes left, I have no doubt the remaining 8 chapters will be covered. Should be a fun finale.

I'm saddened more people aren't watching this. Seriously might be the best adaptation of a crazy series in years.

I've totally dropped the ball on keeping up with this as an anime. Hilariously enough, I think I was one of the few guys talking about it before it exploded in Manga GAF with that "Yuno you're crazy!" panel in one of the chapters. :lol

I think I'll catch up on it now. Haven't been watching much else anyways.

e_i

Future Diary episode 22

Well, everything went to shit. Four more episodes? Of what? This seemed like the penultimate episode.

Lain

Chihayafuru 24

The Queen
being linked to the cards
was silly, but I still enjoyed the episode.
1c20f72de7a8a261703b69f5156f2a188a46aafc.jpg

This being one of the reasons for it, though
fat Queen
contributed too.

So, there's still an episode left? Damn i wish this sold better, I really would have liked a second season.

wonzo

Banned
The anime industry can learn a lot from Bioware.
biowarewhyanime.png

I admire Geneijin for never giving up the fight against Ano Hana supporters.
he'll never forget the bad anime he saw that season

Inexplicably, Recorder and Randsell gets a second season.
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK WHERE THE FUCK IS MORE MORITA-SAN FUCK ;___;

Future Diary episode 22

Well, everything went to shit. Four more episodes? Of what? This seemed like the penultimate episode.
you mean everything went AMAZING!

Thoraxes

Gonna have to fight pretty hard cause I will always love ano Hana.

Anyway I just bought a 3DS for...reasons and HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG @ Palutena.

yes I bought it for games too not just this video silly

Lemme know when you get yo friend code.

iavi

Palutena 1

That can't be all there is? I watched both the jp short and the english one and vastly prefer the English VA.

Noirulus

In fact, for production companies one of the biggest players right now is Aniplex Inc., that is strictly dependent (read subsidiary) of Sony Music Entertainment Japan Inc., operated independently from the parent company.

Ooo, had no idea Aniplex was owned by Sony.

On a separate note, i'm not enjoying watching anime because of classwork anxiety /cry

Chihayafuru 24:
Man, this episode had some hilarious moments. Taichi's mom is amazing, and everyone's reactions to the queen (and
the moment where she realized that it wasn't the kimono that was causing her to feel heavy
) was golden, and I liked seeing an insight into all of the characters. Taichi is a boss, and Yumin is very likable.

I really wish there could be a second season.

Touga is one of anime's greatest pimps

'One of'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom