• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Han Solo film named leaked, Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (ft. Thanos)

Slermy

Are we really sure this is the actual logo? I mean, couldn't any graphic artist whip that up? The rest of that fly is incredibly temporary.

I'd guess this is just a placeholder so Lego can work on page layout until Lego themselves are given the actual logo.

It's crazy how often this narrative is applied by people whose primary entertainment of choice is big-budget studio-produced action/adventure and almost nothing else, too.

You ever notice that?

I'm just being silly in support of griffy's wild theory but it is definitely something I see come up way too often. Especially considering their entertainment of choice, yes. Like going to McDonald's and complaining that you received mcnuggets.
I know plenty of people in the industry and know all too well how much the suits can totally fuck a movie and how much of a machine the big budget industry is, but it's also silly for people to act like every single movie with studio interference has been ruined. Kathy seems very level headed and well meaning, and in spite of some claims I haven't yet seen any reason to believe Lucasfilm is in the business of ruining movies.

But Rogue One totally could have been the next Citizen Kane of Scifi if it werent for those satanists of course.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, assuming this is the title, why haven't they released this already? It's the most basic title everyone assumed they would pick.

KayMote

Given how they have to make clear what the movie is about and how it fits in the Star Wars universe this seems only logical - it's still unimaginative as hell, especially considering how creative you could get with the word 'Solo'.

Anth0ny

shocking news lol

All the spinoffs are probably gonna be "A Star Wars Story" until there's some indication that more money can be made by dropping it.

Something original and thematic, besides the predictable "just use the character's name as the title" trend

But without this film being a continuation of a prior story, there's no frame of reference for the audience aside from the subject of the movie, which is obviously Han Solo.

It's no different from "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" in that it rolls nicely off the tongue and literally is just the name of the subject of the film (in Rogue One's case, the group that stole the Death Star plans; in this case, fucking Han Solo). Except Rogue One's characters didn't exist before, and Rogue One is a group, not a singular person.

I am not sure how eager audiences are for a Han Solo that isn't played by Harrison Ford.

In fact. I'm not sure about Lucasfilm's whole approach to their Star Wars slate thus far. Force Awakens and Rogue One both worked but how much of an appetite is there for all these origin stories and adventures centred on classic characters, long term, remains to be seen.

I feel like Han Solo and Obi-Wan are good subject choices, but I'm not a fan of the Boba Fett idea and I'm struggling to think of any other character for whom this idea would work. Some people have floated Yoda, but I'm not really interested in Yoda's growth and development as a character.

Busty

Banned
I am not sure how eager audiences are for a Han Solo that isn't played by Harrison Ford.

In fact. I'm not sure about Lucasfilm's whole approach to their Star Wars slate thus far. Force Awakens and Rogue One both worked but how much of an appetite is there for all these origin stories and adventures centred on classic characters, long term, remains to be seen.

And now the story of the Hutt clan that lost everything and the one smuggler who had no choice but to keep it all together.

It's Han Solo: A Star Wars Story.

"You can't arrest a smuggler and his Wookiee for the same crime."

Busty

Banned
I feel like Han Solo and Obi-Wan are good subject choices, but I'm not a fan of the Boba Fett idea and I'm struggling to think of any other character for whom this idea would work. Some people have floated Yoda, but I'm not really interested in Yoda's growth and development as a character.

True. I'm sure there's stuff to be mined from Obi-Wan's past as younger Jedi knight (I assume this is the route they are going down) but it just feels like there's so much potential in telling new stories in this vast universe that they are squandering it on one note characters like Boba Fett.

jelly

Well, they might get a few films out of Han Solo and Obi Wan. I'm sure after that they'll probably write something new. Boba Fett is probably one they can make up mostly but not excited about that character at all. I just hope they don't feel the need to tie the films together, just make good stories.

Top Bottom