• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing |OT| Mobile Naruto, Perverted Hermit

Zafir

6 stars just make it faster.

But good 5 stars make it entirely possible.

I'd argue that they're impossible without Kabuto, though.

Well yeah, you definitely need Kabuto if you're taking 5*'s.

6*'s allow you to brute force to a certain extent on some of the missions without an healer, which is what I've been doing.

Sadly I only have Sakura and she's the worst healer by far since the healing ult is probably the best part, which she doesn't have. So that severely limits what I can do.

Slaythe

Y'all I got 3 characters in the A-tier but none in the S or SS-tier is that still fine? I got Sakura, Kidomaru and Neji.

Nnnnnn @ me getting both Hiashi and Hizashi Hyuga though. I wish I pulled Hinata to complete the family lmao.

Not gonna lie, no.

You need at the very least one S tier character.

Neji is good but you need other units to go with him.

Not gonna lie, no.

You need at the very least one S tier character.

Neji is good but you need other units to go with him.
Good because I just decided to reroll lmao.

Ended up getting S-tier Shikamaru and A-tier Tayuya and Shizune but I didn't get any gold characters and got Konohamaru and Mizuki so I'm rerolling because they're the pits. I'm sorry Shizune T-T.

Edit: Mess I've been interpreting the tier thread wrong this whole time. Question tho, if we get say a 4 star version of a character in the A or S tier instead of a 5 star version, should we still re-roll or should we train them to get them to 5 stars?

Edit 2: I FINALLY GOT A 5 STAR S RANK CHARACTER BLESS YOU KABUTO. I ain't rerolling no more.

Zafir

Jeez. Rock Lee has 2194 STR at max level.

That's such ridiculous power creep. It doesn't bode well if it continuously creeps up like that.

It also means it's absolutely pointless pulling at the moment. Better off just waiting for Rock Lee....

LNBL

That's such ridiculous power creep. It doesn't bode well if it continuously creeps up like that.

It also means it's absolutely pointless pulling at the moment. Better off just waiting for Rock Lee....

And after that there will be another character with hugher attack, its how these games work. Its a high increase of atk though

Well yeah, you definitely need Kabuto if you're taking 5*'s.

6*'s allow you to brute force to a certain extent on some of the missions without an healer, which is what I've been doing.

Sadly I only have Sakura and she's the worst healer by far since the healing ult is probably the best part, which she doesn't have. So that severely limits what I can do.

who's the best healer in the game?

chrono01

And after that there will be another character with hugher attack, its how these games work. Its a high increase of atk though
True, but it doesn't seem a little fast this early into the game. You'd expect these things after a while, but it still seems a little sudden to me. I'm not sure I'll even bother with the guaranteed 6* banner anymore, since the new characters look so nice...

Right now, Kabuto. Expect a 5* base healer soon though (likely Tsunade), with the pace things are going. Honestly, I'd be surprised to not see a healer with the next batch of new characters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd feel better about the power creep if the unit cost followed. Like, Lee should have a team cost of 60.

Zafir

I'm aware that's how these games work...

You said it yourself that it's a massive increase of attack. That's insane for a game that's not been out long at all. I don't see it doing them any favours either, it's just going to put people off from spending money if the characters are going to be obsolete mere weeks later.
Kabuto at the moment since he has an healing field skill and a healing jutsu.

Edit: Swear they've lowered the drop rate for the 3* money frog on the get rich quick missions. I was getting one every 2-4 runs last week. Now it's closer to every 7-10 odd.

Uthred

Thats too big a jump, two to three times the attack stat of current 6* units. I was half thinking of saving stones as I like the character but I absolutely will be now. Looks like it's going the Dokkan route where new top units will be so powerful they make old ones obsolete. Pity it isn't more like OPTC and other games where top units maintain their value. Best prepare to get kicked from MP if you aren't Rock Lee.

Swear they've lowered the drop rate for the 3* money frog on the get rich quick missions. I was getting one every 2-4 runs last week. Now it's closer to every 7-10 odd.

Yeah it definitely feels a lot lower

Lagamorph

Sorely tempted to abandon this one.

Everything above a C rank on the Emergency/Event missions seems to have been balanced with high level 5/6 star characters in mind, yet levelling is so incredibly slow due to it being Enhance only rather than earning any XP through completing missions. Even with ramen cups, level 30+ it just slows right down and becomes hugely expensive.

Slaythe

Sorely tempted to abandon this one.

Everything above a C rank on the Emergency/Event missions seems to have been balanced with high level 5/6 star characters in mind, yet levelling is so incredibly slow due to it being Enhance only rather than earning any XP through completing missions. Even with ramen cups, level 30+ it just slows right down and becomes hugely expensive.

The leveling is fast.

Just use the cups smartly.

Save level 3 cups of the right colors for the character you want, do them 10 by 10. Join multiplayer games if you don't want to use your own stamina.

Then it goes pretty fast really.

Also, While 6 stars are not mandatory, you absolutely do want 5 stars. Anything below that is trash tier.

And if you are stuck because you have 0 high level, we can help you.

commish

You can level all your characters to max level for 0 stamina through multiplayer. It's pretty generous to me, and pretty fast. Other games can take weeks/months. Out of everything to complain about, pretty surprised leveling is one of them.

Read that the next updates are phantom this week, another kakashi the following and then Rock. Wish there was a way to earn more pearls

Zafir

You can level all your characters to max level for 0 stamina through multiplayer. It's pretty generous to me, and pretty fast. Other games can take weeks/months. Out of everything to complain about, pretty surprised leveling is one of them.

Read that the next updates are phantom this week, another kakashi the following and then Rock. Wish there was a way to earn more pearls
I think that's going to be the biggest problem with the power creep.

When you combine the ridiculous power creep with the fact that pearls seem pretty tedious to come by I feel like it may be a case where you basically have to reroll every few months if you want any chance of keeping up.

I hear PvP will give pearls, but you'll need a pretty solid team for that... I'm still missing a good healer which will severely limit me. :/

chrono01

Man, I'm already bored. No content to do, no units to level (since there's so few in-game currency being handed out), no missions/quests/etc.

I know, the game is still early on, so lots of these things will happen with time, but right now it feels like they might have launched it a bit early. Interest will likely die off before anything happens to fix it. :/

Slaythe

Man, I'm already bored. No content to do, no units to level (since there's so few in-game currency being handed out), no missions/quests/etc.

I know, the game is still early on, so lots of these things will happen with time, but right now it feels like they might have launched it a bit early. Interest will likely die off before anything happens to fix it. :/

They have PVP, Kakashi raid, Lee raid, and the equivalent Gacha, with characters harder to evolve since you need Raid items, within the next 3 weeks. . .

If you can be that patient, you're the one to blame; sorry to say.

commish

Every single game launches like this. Can't think of any gacha game that launched with more content than people could do in a week or two if they ground it out. They should have had PVP tho.

Not sure what else to say other than come back in a year.

chrono01

They have PVP, Kakashi raid, Lee raid, and the equivalent Gacha, with characters harder to evolve since you need Raid items, within the next 3 weeks. . .

If you can be that patient, you're the one to blame; sorry to say.
True. I'll just try to remain patient, logging in for daily rewards and such.

Every single game launches like this. Can't think of any gacha game that launched with more content than people could do in a week or two if they ground it out. They should have had PVP tho.

Not sure what else to say other than come back in a year.
I know it seems to be common practice, but this one seems to be more bare than others I've played in the past. But then, those usually had a bigger head-start in Japan (such as Bleach, which continually gave us new events with story), so I'll give it a bit of leeway. As I said above, I'll just log in daily for my free items and hope new content arrives soon (ish). It's not as though I don't have a handful of other gatcha games I play to keep me busy while I wait, haha.

commish

I know it seems to be common practice, but this one seems to be more bare than others I've played in the past. But then, those usually had a bigger head-start in Japan (such as Bleach, which continually gave us new events with story), so I'll give it a bit of leeway. As I said above, I'll just log in daily for my free items and hope new content arrives soon (ish). It's not as though I don't have a handful of other gatcha games I play to keep me busy while I wait, haha.

Yeah, it's actually pretty rare for a US/global version of the game to be released so soon after the Japanese release. Usually it's a year or two after the Japanese release, and then the U.S. devs try to catch up with the Japanese release and pack in the content in a shorter period of time. For Naruto, though, it looks like we are all going to grow together. I'm okay with that since the daily commitment is pretty low and I love the IP.

Zafir

I think the fact you can MP stuff makes the content go faster as well. You can just use that to grind the characters/ramen/scrolls or whatever.

I'm just content logging in for dailies and waiting on more stuff coming down the road.

Lupercal

Banned
Is it normal that starting a mission and choosing to gather friends doesn't drain stamina?
Started 25 missions last night, leveled up 5 times and gained almost 50 pearls.
Zero stamina was used.

Gameplay is fine but the real flaw I have while playing this app game is how it causes my phone to be incredibly hot while running it. Had to uninstall.

Slaythe

Is it normal that starting a mission and choosing to gather friends doesn't drain stamina?
Started 25 missions last night, leveled up 5 times and gained almost 50 pearls.
Zero stamina was used.

Huh no, when you level up your stamina refills, it's probably what happened.

In other news, PVP is up, as well as new kakashi banner.

Zafir

I feel like without an healer(with a healing justsu) I'm just going to get nothing from PvP. =X
Gameplay is fine but the real flaw I have while playing this app game is how it causes my phone to be incredibly hot while running it. Had to uninstall.

I notice that as well. Not well optimised.

Edit: Then again, underestimated how many new people are around I guess. :p

It's also battling AI, so actually, healers may not even be that useful.

Good for me!

commish

Fights are probably too short for healers to matter.

Pace of releases seems to be faster than Japan. We should have Lee soon ...

commish

Not sure what the optimal PVP team is and whether I need a healer. I haven't been using a healer, and I haven't lost yet, but the last fight was pretty close. Enemy Sasuke almost always gets a fireball jutsu off.

MiTYH

Not sure what the optimal PVP team is and whether I need a healer. I haven't been using a healer, and I haven't lost yet, but the last fight was pretty close. Enemy Sasuke almost always gets a fireball jutsu off.

Yeah I'm not sure on a good team. I'm running 6-Kikashi, 5-Shikamaru, and 5-Kisame. It's got some type coverage which I think is most important, since unless you do a 3-person ultimat jutstu I never have enough to use a special. And doing that welcomes some hurt from opponent depending on who's up.

Zafir

I feel like an healer could be helpful against the tougher teams, yeah.

It's okay versus weaker teams if you have a lot of damage, because you can just brute force. Which is what I've done as till now. Against 6* and all that though, I don't think just brute force will work.

Eitherway, there's a reason Sasuke seems to prominent in the ranking. His jutsu just charges so fast. Incredibly useful.

commish

Yeah, but I look to fight Sasuke's because I run with a max Naruto. If I can get Naruto on their Sasuke all alone, then it's over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dumped all my 3 stars. Was playing this too much like One Piece Treasure Cruise.

Zafir

Yeah, but I look to fight Sasuke's because I run with a max Naruto. If I can get Naruto on their Sasuke all alone, then it's over.

Got max Haku 6* in my team. Sasuke hurts. :p

In other news seems people are already cheating. A guy with the starter naruto, no team, is the top of the rankings. :D

Slaythe

In other news seems people are already cheating. A guy with the starter naruto, no team, is the top of the rankings. :D

I mean, if you reach rank 5 and then switch your team to the default one, that would also display starter Naruto.

I thought about doing that when I go to sleep, but then figured ignorant people would report me to bandai for that joke thinking it's a hack.

Zafir

I mean, if you reach rank 5 and then switch your team to the default one, that would also display starter Naruto.

I thought about doing that when I go to sleep, but then figured ignorant people would report me to bandai for that joke thinking it's a hack.

Sorry, I should have mentioned he was Ninja rank 8 at the time(I just checked again and hes 15 now). :p

I mean it's possible he rolled good and did everything through MP so no xp, all just to do MP with the rank boosts(or use pearls)...

That's some serious dedication if they did that.

Edit: There's another one in the boards, rank 2 with 47 wins who is actually called cheater. Hah.

commish

Well, depends on what you mean by cheating. I'm guessing he's just giving people free wins against him by changing his defending team to nothing. Which I guess makes sense since there is no penalty for losing on defense.

Slaythe

Sorry, I should have mentioned he was Ninja rank 8 at the time(I just checked again and hes 15 now). :p

I mean it's possible he rolled good and did everything through MP so no xp, all just to do MP with the rank boosts(or use pearls)...

That's some serious dedication if they did that.

Edit: There's another one in the boards, rank 2 with 47 wins who is actually called cheater. Hah.

Well no.

The japanese version ahead so people knew how this worked.

By doing MP exclusively, they keep a really low rank.

Every time they level up, their PVP stamina refills...... So basically they don't even have to use pearls to get constant PVP refills with pro teams.

Zafir

I just said it was possible and explained it, why are you explaining it? lol

It's like you didn't even read the rest of the post and instantly went on the defence.

Lupercal

Banned
PVP is damn hard, got 3 5 star (third hokage, the kicking guy from the west gate? and the flute girl from the south gate)
After floor 9 everything is waaaay beyond my team.

Zafir

PVP is damn hard, got 3 5 star (third hokage, the kicking guy from the west gate? and the flute girl from the south gate)
After floor 9 everything is waaaay beyond my team.

I've gotten further, but yeah I've got to a place where I'm struggling.

Just don't have the damage output or the healing output if I put an healer in.

Sasuke just wrecks my team really, even if I force him to attack someone who isn't weak, he just does so much damage with his quick jutsu. Naruto would counter him but I don't have his 6*, and the rest of my 5* reds don't have a massively high attack. My Kakashi is solid, but due to Zabuza being super prominent, they do double damage to me just as much as I do to them.

Lupercal

Banned
Money is fast becoming a problem with how leveling works, well for me atleast.
Can't believe in Dokkan you get millions out the ass, but here I'm struggling to get 100k to enhance 2 dudes.

Zafir

Money is fast becoming a problem with how leveling works, well for me atleast.
Can't believe in Dokkan you get millions out the ass, but here I'm struggling to get 100k to enhance 2 dudes.

Wait till the weekend, they do a special mission which you can get easy money from. If you just stock up from that, then you should be good till the next weekend.

MiTYH

So what floor is everyone on?

I've only got 6-kikashi and no healers, so I just hit floor 30. Feel like I could be doing better, have had some rough starting boards but I'm starting to get the hang of how to place units.

commish

I'm on floor 53. Just lost for the first time, grr. Sometimes I get confused about who is the enemy and who is on my team, especially when ppl are jumbled up. So I "attacked" my own guy instead of finishing off the enemy :\

I'm rolling with Naruto and Sasuke and they are pretty beastly in PvP. They always get their jutsu off.

commish

It's so hard to keep or climb ranks. Not sure how to get max points. Sometimes I get 5000 for a fight. Other times 2000.

Top Bottom