• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

The Kree

Banned
So ... no Cloak and Dagger news ?

eurotrip-8b.jpg

I love Thanos' speech in the IW footage. It's really a great line and builds up confidence that he'll be a great villain.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right and yet to fail all the same. Today, run from it, destiny still arrives."

SpaceWolf

Banned
I love Thanos' speech in the IW footage. It's really a great line and builds up confidence that he'll be a great villain.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right and yet to fail all the same. Today, run from it, destiny still arrives."

After Guardians 2 and Spiderman: Homecoming, Marvel seem to have finally, blissfully thrown off the shackles of their recurring "Undeveloped Villain" problem, so I have hope.

After Guardians 2 and Spiderman: Homecoming, Marvel seem to have finally, blissfully thrown off the shackles of their recurring "Undeveloped Villain" problem, so I have hope.

Recent quotes from one of the Russos has me especially excited about Thanos.

They said they want him to be Darth Vader for a new generation.

One glaring problem I have with the *leaked* trailer is Tonys CGI which really fucking bothered me in Civil War. It looks copy pasted and fucking jarring as hell.

I mean with all the money in this movie either fix the CGI or just have him wear his helmet the whole time. I mean this is the MCU 10 year anniversary everything needs to be perfect. His CGI in the avengers 5 years ago looked fine and now its gotten worse.

Stranges CGI and guardians sfx were perfect so it's not marvel, maybe it's the russo brothers.

They have 10 months but I don't know. Just a nitpick

Uniqlo's holding another t-shirt contest for Marvel, like they did with Nintendo.

Here's the list of characters one is allowed to use. On that list though, almost all of them are characters in the MCU or the TV shows or potentially getting their own films. The only ones that aren't are:
- Carnage
- Green Goblin
- Ms. Marvel
- Nova
- Rhino
- Sandman
- She-Hulk
- Spider-Gwen
- Spider-Woman

I just thought it was interesting and my paranoid mind immediately assumed that maybe Marvel wants to set up the non-Spidey characters for something in the MCU or TV universe. I wouldn't mind a She-Hulk show in the vein of Boston Legal or Law & Order.

One glaring problem I have with the *leaked* trailer is Tonys CGI which really fucking bothered me in Civil War. It looks copy pasted and fucking jarring as hell.

I mean with all the money in this movie either fix the CGI or just have him wear his helmet the whole time. I mean this is the MCU 10 year anniversary everything needs to be perfect. His CGI in the avengers 5 years ago looked fine and now its gotten worse.

Stranges CGI and guardians sfx were perfect so it's not marvel, maybe it's the russo brothers.

They have 10 months but I don't know. Just a nitpick

There's a reason they don't release these trailers online.

El Topo

This kinda sums up the MCU without the kid heroes.

Kamala Khan is awfully white in that picture. Also quite a few female superheroes that are nowhere to be seen on that picture actually. Also, not to be nitpicky, but Carol isn't part of MCU until we see her on screen.

Is T'challa considered a greater genius than Tony in the comics?

Do you guys want T'challa to be portrayed as intellectually superior to Tony in the MCU?

curb

Banned
I don't see her fitting in with the Spider-Verse that Sony is creating, so hopefully Marvel and Sony figure something out in the future so she can someday be included.

Agreed. It's weird considering she's not even a "web slinger". Just the name and wall crawling really.

I'd really love to see Jessica with Captain Marvel at some point.

I wonder if Marvel's got plans for a Nova film to counter "Green Lantern Corps."

Considering the Nova in the pic is the kid version, I'd have to imagine it'd be a Rich Ryder-Sam Alexander team-up picture, with Rich mentoring Sam.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Thinking about it today, if Thor: Ragnarok turns out to be great, this'll definitely have been the best year for the film the MCU has ever had. Really enjoyed Homecoming and Volume 2, so hopefully they'll be able to continue the upward trend.

Pachimari

Thor: Ragnarok Looks to Be the Shortest MCU Movie Yet
”The cut right now, I reckon it's about 100 minutes. It's not gonna be a very, very long film. I think that stories are better when you leave them wanting more, and this film moves at a clip, it's got stuff happening all the time. I think people are still gonna feel exhausted by the end, they've been on this big journey and stuff, so I don't think we need the film to be three hours."

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Will Introduce The New MCU Comedy Duo Of Thor And Star-Lord
"You know what's interesting is that because of the re-toning that Taika (Waititi) did with Thor 3 and the direction Thor is heading in as a character, he and Star-Lord were a very surprising combination and a very funny combination. So I'm excited for the audience to see the two of them together."

Letitia Wright Explains Her Take On Princess Shuri
”I play Princess Shuri and she is the younger sister of King T'Challa and she is super smart, super intelligent, innovative," Wright says. ”She studied with vibranium all of her life. She used vibranium and manipulated it in a way that it can be able to be even more powerful. She puts this into the armor. She puts it into the weaponry that we see and that you will see February 16 in the film. She's just a smart kid."

Ryan Coogler Explains How Black Panther Is Different From Other Marvel Movies
"But I also think that this movie has a lot of weird combinations," he continues. "We're dealing with a guy who's royal, like Thor, but he's from Earth, which changes things. It gives it context and grounds it in a way. Even though we're doing a lot of fantastical elements, fantastical technology, it still kind of grounds it in a way that's very unique. So you have these things that are working at opposite ends."

Hot Toys figure reveals Surtur's fate?

could Wakanda actually beat Asgard in a war? Wakanda seems more advanced, technology wise, although Asgard has magic, but so does Wakanda?

doesn't it

GAMEPROFF

Banned
could Wakanda actually beat Asgard in a war? Wakanda seems more advanced, technology wise, although Asgard has magic, but so does Wakanda?

doesn't it
Wakanda would most likely win, since they do always, but it would make more sense if the gods easily win.
Thor would also beat BP.

El Topo

Whoever the writer wants to win will win. Technology, magic and genius intellect are basically ways to achieve whatever unlikely situation the writers desire.
In MCU? Who knows? Asgard hasn't really been impressive in MCU and we haven't seen anything of Wakanda.

Glass Rebel

Ragnarok's only about an hour and a half? Wow, that's a lot of things they're gonna have to stuff in that runtime.

Things we know are gonna be in Ragnarok:

- Thor (and Loki?) go to Earth to find Odin and ask Doctor Strange for help
- They are attacked by Hela, Hela destroys Mjolnir
- Hela attacks Asgard
- Thor and Loki somehow land on Sakaar, the former is forced to fight Hulk
- Loki is somehow put in chains by the Grandmaster
- Thor and Valkyrie save Loki and with Banner they escape to Asgard
- They fight Hela and win
- Somewhere between all of this Thor ends up in Hel and Hulk jumps at Surtur

I guess they can make it work somehow.

Top Bottom