• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

DKNeBnCU8AAVH2D.jpg

DKNerquVAAEo3JX.jpg

Awww Chaozu/Chiaotzu is so cute. I definitely want to try out Tien.

HardRojo

You can see it in some of the new screens, check out Goku;

That's cool, I guess it depends on damage received, but isn't tied to your life bar, because that seems like training mode and Goku's life bar is full, so from the stage destruction it's easy to conclude he was receiving some damage.

bubumiao

Also posted this in the story trailer thread:

I haven't watched any Super yet, but could this mean 21 might be introduced into Super's story eventually?

Also posted this in the story trailer thread:

I haven't watched any Super yet, but could this mean 21 might be introduced into Super's story eventually?

They keep the video game stuff separate from the main series. They had a chance to tie Super in with Xenoverse in the last arc and they didn't take it, they probably have no interest in tying these things together. Just take this game's story as a fun little what-if side story, similar to the old Z movies.

delta_reg

I do really like Android 21's design. She looks to be related to 16 with the same hair and eye colors. 16 was modeled after Gero's son, I wonder, being a scientist, if 21 was modeled after Gero's girlfriend? Hopefully she'll turn out to be an interesting and well developed character and at some point playable also.

Spman2099

I do really like Android 21's design. She looks to be related to 16 with the same hair and eye colors. 16 was modeled after Gero's son, I wonder, being a scientist, if 21 was modeled after Gero's girlfriend? Hopefully she'll turn out to be an interesting and well developed character and at some point playable also.

Maybe this is a Bride of Frankenstein plotline?

Don't worry, once we get past the interesting characters like Tenshinhan and Yamcha we can get back to the boring reveals you care about. ;)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm curious about Goku's damage in that pic since he has a full health bar.... different outfits confirmed?

DKO8o3WWsAEQYva.jpg

but honestly just a few scratches and dirt doesn't seem enough for a new outfit.

I really wonder what's going on here, real time damage would be freakin awesome.

By the end of the match he looks like this:

goku1.jpg

Spman2099

I really hope we get the trailer for the boyz. I still need to figure out who my third is going to be... Krillin is really cool in this game. I am loving Piccolo, and 18 seems really interesting... I am legit torn. I hope Kid Goku makes it in and then my team will be settled (with Piccolo, Krillin, and 18 being the B-Team). Though a really imaginative Bulma, or a Ginyu with the Ginyu Force as attacks would complicate matters...

Incredibly whelmed by Tien and Yamcha...

So you aren't overwhelmed, but you aren't underwhelmed. You are just plain whelmed? :)

LotusHD

Banned
I wonder why they didn't give the Goku and Vegeta outfits from early SUPER episodes to SSB transformations.

Well if the game supposed to be set around the Goku Black arc, they weren't wearing those outfits at that point, so yea. Even after the tournament where he fights Hit a 2nd time, he wasn't wearing it.

Sephzilla

So, I'm kind of wondering if maybe Android 21 isn't necessarily the main villain in the game and it might be some avenue to bring Goku Black in as the main baddie. I'm only speculating because I'm seeing more than enough stuff to point me in the direction of thinking Black will be involved in the game in some capacity

> Story is most likely going to involve Time Travel shenanigans (so does Black)
> Android stories are always involve Future Trunks (as does the Black arc)
> All of those alternate Gokus in the previews wear black and red outfits, like Black did
> Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta has a move that's pulled directly from the Black arc
> SSB Goku and Vegeta are wearing their normal attire instead of their RoF stuff, which started happening with the Black arc
> Gowasu's GodTube stuff is in the in-game lobby system

LordKasual

Banned
Android 21 is Red Ribbon, so the chances of her really wanting to kill Goku n Pals is pretty high

unless she's really just a cyborg like 17/18, but even those two are a coin flip to be honest

Top Bottom