• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

Forkball

I don't want to be "that guy" but I am pretty worried this game is going to be rushed to hell. Sakurai seemed disinterested in it for a long time and has only been working on SSB4 for about a year. Couple that in with Nintendo in panic mode and I'm worried they are just trying to push this game out like they did NSMB 2.

tolkir

untitled-2bzm8f.gif

I honestly cannot believe that there is a 3DS version. I wonder how close to the WiiU version it will be or if it will be a different styled game.

MYE

I really cant see how they will gather the same amount of talent that worked on BRAWL again.

I really hope they do. Brawl's line-up of superstar developers, studios and composers was fucking insane!

At least you are consistent with your nintendo related posting

I don't want to be "that guy" but I am pretty worried this game is going to be rushed to hell. Sakurai seemed disinterested in it for a long time and has only been working on SSB4 for about a year. Couple that in with Nintendo in panic mode and I'm worried they are just trying to push this game out like they did NSMB 2.

Hey "that guy" remember when Melee took less than a year to make and was still super awesome?

That said, they've already worked on the game longer than melee, and I wouldn't put anything past Sakurai even if there was a deadline (though I hope he isn't pushing himself too much)

trinest

Reveal Startropics character in Smash then reveal Retros new game as Startropics.

Or a more realistic thing is put whatever Retro is working in smash if its not in it already and do that.

Sheroking

Pretty sure this has had twice as much time in development, with likely a much larger team, than any previous Smash Brothers game has had before being shown.

And it's just a trailer.

GRW810

I have a feeling they will not show the 3DS version.
I think they probably announced a 3DS version because, at the time, 3DS was struggling. Now that the handheld is selling in droves and a constant stream of software is being released for it I would argue we don't even need the 3DS version.

*runs for cover*

NeonZ

Well, they supposedly had a prototype "working great" when the partnership with Namco was announced last year.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

Melee had a pretty short development circle and turned out fine, and Brawl's first trailer was shown when it had less than one year of actual development. Besides, I guess rushing the game just would mean that we're less likely to get something as big as Subspace Emissary again for a single player Adventure mode. Even so, they could just develop things in parallel if they consider the single player/co-op experience important too.

Oh boy, here comes the rushed comments...since when was a year a short period of time for a large game with a big budget and team? Not to mention we haven't seen/heard anything about it so how is it even possible we could even begin to think it'lll be rushed?

Sakurai mentioned the 3DS version in one of his blog posts earlier his year where he disussed his arm pain, so unless there was some kind of trouble it probably exists and will probably be shown.

Well, they supposedly had a prototype "working great" when the partnership with Namco was announced last year.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

Besides, Melee had a pretty short development circle and turned out fine. I guess rushing the game just would mean that we're less likely to get something as big as Subspace Emissary again for a single player Adventure mode, but I guess they could develop things in parallel.

This time, the whole game is the Subspace Emissary. It's not Smash. It's Tales of Kingdom Hearts Nintendo.

I'm hoping the trailer is just a one minute long slow-motion sequence of Mario randomly tripping on nothing, flying face first into a smash attack from Peach. Obligatory sad-piano music/epic movie trailer music accompaniment.

Top Bottom