• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Ahoi-Brause said:
Also check out this
2ppf1uc.jpg

can't confirm if real

i'm gonna believe it's real for how awesome it is

Ahoi-Brause said:
Told ya all it was the new main character.
Nobody wanted to play as that fool.

it is really sad how far he saw:

there winds up being a business-side that doesn't understand games and development-side that wants to make games. I feel that's the biggest problem Capcom will be facing.

Now, when is Trollno leaving?

Wizpig

Electivirus said:
And Capcom goes further down the shitter.

No AAI2, the Mercenaries save game debacle, this...feh.
That was in games before Mercenaries, like in some SEGA and other sh games.

That's not the point.

Dude, AAI 2.
Mega Man Universe.
Mega Man Legends 3.

Capcom is dead to me. god damn it.

Fuck the bigger development costs compared to the DS, fuck the PSP like graphics, give me my DS back. at least the DS got like 5 or 6 Mega Man games and 3 Castlevania.

F-U-C-K you Capcom.

What kind of company makes insane viral marketing on websites such as Capcom Unity and then cancels everything?

@To Far Away Times: It's like the internet forgot when GAF was full of DS haters because the PSP was the better console etc.
So yeah, it's pretty stupid to hate on the 3DS. and i'm sure Mario Kart 3D and other games will make it sell big. also this is not a matter of Console War... it's not like Legends 3 will come out for Vita, and they have no MM games announced for the Vita aswell.

That's why this is shit. they are letting Mega Man die.

Still, as i said, i hate these "new" portable gaming devices with their fancy graphics.
Imagine how much it costs to develop a 3DS or a Vita game. and suddenly they cancel them.

It's official Crapcom, i will try to give you less and less of my money from now on; enjoy your spam of unnecessary Okami sequels and Monster Hunters, until they sell.

Wizpig said:
this is not a matter of Console War... it's not like Legends 3 will come out for Vita, and they have no MM games announced for the Vita aswell.
They have 4 Games in development for Visa, 1 is monster hunter most probably and one fighting game, the remaining two may be anything.

I hope we at least get games like Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick.

walking fiend said:
They have 4 Games in development for Visa, 1 is monster hunter most probably and one fighting game, the remaining two may be anything.

I bet those are DmC and Resident Evil, they have to milk the cows as fast as possible, isn't it?

Gravijah

walking fiend said:

I'm going to start calling the Vita the Visa.

The real shocker is:
Now that inafune is gone capcom is as incompetent as the other japanese developers (exception platinum games)... how did this happen?

NyogoZ

Neo Member
This was the only game I was looking forward to from Capcom. They're totally dead now. All they create are stupid shooters now that imitate American games. MML3 looked like it shared the same quality of Capcom's classic games from 90's when they were at there prime. What a shame, what a shame.

Slime

Banned
rockman zx said:
I bet those are DmC and Resident Evil, they have to milk the cows as fast as possible, isn't it?

Like the DMC and Resident Evil games that were supposed to come out on PSP?

I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up for any moderately compelling Capcom announcements on portables from now on. It's probably a good thing that the Vita has no third-party support to speak of at the moment, actually. Less disappointment if you don't know anything exists. = /

Wizpig

walking fiend said:

I don't know about the 4 games, but no Mega Man announced this far.

If they announce something like Mega Man ZXX (the sequel) for Vita i will think about buying the console. but really, right now i don't want to think about giving Capcom money.

Same thing for Legends 3 Vita, even if that would be a shit on the 3DS owners face.

As for AA and GT those are IPs that i'd like to see on a Nintendo console.
First of all imho Ghost Trick doesn't really need a sequel... i think Shu Takumi is already thinking about his next game (other than Layton VS. AA) and i want something new if he really doesn't want to make Ace Attorney 5. (sigh)

Also this.

Home console ports like SF x Tekken Vita = quick milking.

Jesus, i'm sounding like a Capcom hater... little by little i'm becoming one...

Gravijah said:
I'm going to start calling the Vita the Visa.
lol. Vita is an odd name to say the least.

I don't know about the 4 games, but no Mega Man announced this far.
They have 4, 1 unannounced launch, 1 Monster Hunter, 1 Tekken VS ... , another unannounced game.

But really, it was the only non trivial game that they were producing. Almost all of their games are now totally action focused or are fighters.

---
not direct sequels to, but similar games to AA or GT. I was also thinking that they may release episodic AA games on 3DSWare, or just do DLC stuff, etc.
ok i guess i'm done with Nintendo and Capcom
you mean you weren't done with NOA when they said they won't bring over the trio, now you are done because of this? Shame on you! (not that this has got to do anything with Nintendo, but...)

zlatko

Banned
Anyone else worried that if Capcom thinks a Megaman portable game is a bad business decision that w/e is going on in their structure is super fucked up? Dante new look, barebones MvC3, Dark Void existing, pretty shitty bout patching games and would rather people buy the sequel for fixes, Infanue leaving, and riding their pony that is Monster Hunter and fighting games until they are bled dry...there's a lot of things going fucked up at Capcom Japan.

It reminds me a lot of what is going on at SquareEnix past few years as well and it makes sense Guchi bailed out too. Maybe in Japan when a company gets too big the structure and communication goes to shit? Plus, we learned that in SE the lead for FFXIV now works 120 hour weeks.

This seems like how you get your company to SEGA level tier quick...

Online DRM

SSFIV AE is an unbalanced mess

MvC3 DLC characters = LOL

I am Dante

AAI 2 English release? hahahahahhahah

and now this shit.

it's all your fault
rtEbR.jpg

zweifuss

I am so devastated. They didn't even give the game a chance! Such depressing news. I didn't even complete Mega Man Legends 2 but I still wanted this so badly. Now I really have no reason to buy the 3DS at all. I don't think Mario will make me buy one.

GhaleonQ

Augemitbutter said:
Online DRM

I am Dante

and now this shit.

it's all your fault
rtEbR.jpg

Unimpeachable.

Augemitbutter said:
Online DRM

I am Dante

and now this shit.

it's all your fault
rtEbR.jpg
who is she? she is cute, seen her a lot.

btw, I thought about how much revenue they could make out of the game. imagine 3DS selling 10 million by the end of year, and imagine even 20% of the users giving the game a shot, if would amount to 4 million revenue for Capcom, which is like selling 100K copy of a retail game. Now I wonder, whether developing RE:Mercenaries could have been cheaper than this prototype?

tim.mbp

Augemitbutter said:
Online DRM

I am Dante

and now this shit.

On the bright side, they still have this guy.

koXrK.jpg

This isn't surprisng in the least if you consider Inafune's departure. But that's been said and will be echoed through the thread until the end. This and Universe had the chance to be something good for the Blue Bomber but I guess not now. I wonder what is the future of the franchise now?

Midou

I don't even know what to say. I mean, it isn't unexpected. As soon as MM Universe was canceled and they said the 3DS demo had to be popular in order for it to have a chance, I knew things were fucked. It would have been nice to get that god damn demo at least. Just release it for free, give us a taste of what we never got.

I mean the only recent MM games were lazy NES quality titles. I hope Capcom goes bankrupt this gen, just give DMC to Platinum Games, and I don't care about anything else.

zlatko

Banned
Ahoi-Brause said:
Can some nerds please get together and boo them off stage when they announce stuff at comicon?

What if the stuff is good though? :( I wouldn't dare boo them if they said Professor X is in Ultimate MvC3 lol. :p

LeleSocho

Banned
walking fiend said:
you mean you weren't done with NOA when they said they won't bring over the trio, now you are done because of this? Shame on you! (not that this has got to do anything with Nintendo, but...)
Reggie was not my problem, i live in the UE

Kulock said:
Not really, the rational decision would be to indefinitely delay it, reevaluating the market conditions later on, not just outright axing it.

Plus the game could reasonably be salvaged for Wii, PSP, possibly Vita, XBLA or PSN release. Throwing all the work and planning already done out the window doesn't seem rational at all.

Who's to say they won't use the technology or parts of the game design for something else? Nintendo do it all the time... doubt they are they only ones... the difference is they don't publicaly axe stuff like this.

Gravijah said:
Why would you want them to cancel such a quality, quality, quality game? It even smells like quality!
Money, money, money, money.
The game won´t sell well (What Capcom expects), so Capcom canned it. Actually it´s quite understandable.

Takao

Banned
lunchwithyuzo said:
Where were these posted, I'm having trouble finding them?

Stumpokapow said:
NPD data, mix of pre-leak ban data posted here and elsewhere and post-leak ban data posted elsewhere for example the CAG leaks in 2008 and 2009, as well as individual numbers being confirmed to me independently.

Mega Man BN3 > Mega Man BN5 (~50k) > Mega Man SF3
Mega Man X4 > Mega Man X5 > Mega Man X6 > Mega Man X7 (~100k) > Mega Man X8
Mega Man AC > Mega Man XC (~100k)
Mega Man Legends > Mega Man Legends 2 > Mega Man 64 (~125k)
Mega Man MHX > Mega Man PU (~100k)
Mega Man ZX (<100k) > Mega Man ZXA

Patterns:
- bad sales
- sales get worse as each subseries continues on.

wrowa

Beam said:
Money, money, money, money.
The game won´t sell well (What Capcom expects), so Capcom canned it. Actually it´s quite understandable.
And you expect DmC to sell well?
The studio behind it hasn't developed a single successful game yet, most of the fans hate everything shown so far, and apart of the fanbase no one seems to care about the game at all.

Great signs!

Augemitbutter said:
Online DRM

I am Dante

and now this shit.

it's all your fault
rtEbR.jpg
SSFIVAE isn't an unbalanced mess. It's as balanced as any Street Fighter not named Super Street Fighter IV.

MvC3, now that's an unbalacned mess. Holy shit.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Wait what? Why is this happening? What did I do to Capcom to deserve this, I bought loads of their stuff this gen. Hell I'm pumping several hours a week into Monster Hunter Tri still.

Gimme my Megaman you bastards! :<

Top Bottom