• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemeanie

Was bumped after hearing nothing from Playstation Asia and Sony Singapore said the collection is on 10/14 onwards but today they called up to arrange collection for tomorrow:D

Maybe I should grab a Japan PSN card and preorder Summer Lesson tonight

Downloading Driveclub VR ^_^

Rush of Blood and Thumper are next on my list.

Grabbed Thumper yesterday,it REALLY has that "just one more go" vibe going on! It's seriously is going to melt my face in VR and I can't wait!

This is gonna be one of PSVR's best games @ release.

... Cracking OT too. :)

Shane89

got me PS VR yesterday.... well.. IT'S AMAZING.
the FOV it's so high that i noticed that headset lens border only after 1 hour of usage.

Danger Ball it's UNBELIEVABLE. here you can walk (not a lot due to the PS Camera) and go out of the virtual room... and it was so real omg

The only game that i really don't like it's LUGE. the graphic is pretty bad.

P.S
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, UPDATE THE VR FIRMWARE TO VER. 2.0!

edit:
In case someone is interested, the audio is ALWAYS Played trough the TV/AMP too. So you remove the headset and enjoy A REAL surround. And of course, rotating your head will result a in 3D audio.

robotrock

Banned
got me PS VR yesterday.... well.. IT'S AMAZING.
the FOV it's so high that i noticed that headset lens border only after 1 hour of usage.

Danger Ball it's UNBELIEVABLE. here you can walk (not a lot due to the PS Camera) and go out of the virtual room... and it was so real omg

The only game that i really don't like it's LUGE. the graphic is pretty bad.

P.S
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, UPDATE THE VR FIRMWARE TO VER. 2.0!

edit:
In case someone is interested, the audio is ALWAYS Played trough the TV/AMP too. So you remove the headset and enjoy A REAL surround. And of course, rotating your head will result a in 3D audio.

Thanks for the info on the surround!

Any differences you noticed between the PSVR original firmware and the PSVR firmware 2.0?

Doing it at mine, too. Sadly, mine isn't doing a midnight release, but instead are opening up an hour early Thursday morning. I'll be there two hours or an hour and a half early to nab one. Good luck!
:D Thanks, you too.

:O I'm so hyped! Downloading Eve Valkyrie now. It still won't let me buy Driveclub for some reason though.

Dinjooh

The RIGS OT will go up later today. Currently waiting for reviews and well; to get off work.

Any OT title suggestions?

Tagyhag

Awesome OT, very interested in seeing RIGS at launch. Hoping the Giant Bomb stream gives it a good showing.

I don't know if they'll have Summer Lesson but I want to see what all the fuzz is about.

membran

Rez is a confirmed timed exclusive?

I was surprised by this, too. Apparently, the source for this is the launch lineup summary on blog.eu.playstation.com from October 5th.

Rez Infinite
Play it first on PlayStation VR
Developer: Enhance Games
Release date: Available at PS VR launch
Compatibility: PlayStation VR compatible

For other games such as RIGS, it says "Playstation exclusive".

Let's just hope this means an incoming Rez PC Rift/Vive release, not Xbox One. :)

Amazon should be delivering launch bundle on Thursday. So incredibly stoked.

My day one games:
  • BattleZone
  • Rez Infinite
  • SuperHyperCube
  • Batman: Arkham VR
  • Thumper
  • Super StarDust VR
  • DriveClub VR ($19.99 at NewEgg, thanks Wario)
  • EVE Valkyrie ($19.99 code at Amazon, thanks Wario)

Also hoping that Gamefly will send me a copy of RIGS.

AngerdX

Good job on the OP, my headset just arrived for pickup, not sure i should get it as they screwed up the camera order and it just shipped, if it,s not here by 0900 tomorrow morning i'll be disappointed, as for games i've not picked up any yet, As much as i do want driveclub vr i just can't as my g25 still won't work, so think i'll go thru the us demo and then decide.

Can't wait to get playing with you all.

Picking my launch bundle up from GameStop at 11 tomorrow night. I hope they put some of the other games up on PSN tomorrow afternoon.

I've already downloaded
-Eve Valkyrie
-Rez
-Superhypercube
-Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
-Wayward Sky
-Batman Arkham VR
-Super Stardust Ultra vr
-Thumper
-Tumble VR

Going to buy once put up on PSN
-Rigs
-Driveclub VR
-Headmaster
-Here they lie
-Battle Zone

I'm so excited.

Are you trying to buy the upgrade for season pass holders and not the standalone version?
I already own Driveclub digital version and its season pass, bought it yesterday for $20 even though I already own the game on disc. I tried to get the standalone Driveclub VR from the store (US), it's there but it won't let me buy it (no purchase button).

panda-zebra

Nice work Sangetsu-II + gf.

I must be close by to an Amazon warehouse as it's leaving today to arrive tomorrow.

Can't wait to say "goodbye, real world"...

mr lurtle

As expected an awesome OT!

I still like collecting retail games too much, so I ordered everything that is availabe on disk and only bought Bound digital. Please don't make me get sick VR :p

I'm still wondering how I'm going to integrate this with my Home Theatre Set-up. I have a HDMI receiver and non of the FAQ's tackle people with this set-up. My main concern is the receiver introducing lag, but I have no idea how this will turn out. Nor how I would go to best wire this thing up.

Just run the HDMI from PS4 to the PSVR processing unit, and the HDMI out from the PU to your receiver.

Nice work on the OT, Sangetsu-II!

Just read the OP and clicked the Video Services and Experiences link and I want most of those!

They look awesome.....but on the page it wasn't clear when you'd be able to use any of them......is this information known?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I have been looking forward to this thread for a long long time. Nice job OP.

Cess007

I wonder if Team ICO would ever make a VR title before this gen ends...

Shadow of the Colossus - Eye of the Colossus VR Experience: You take the role of a colossus and try to keep Wander away from you as much as you can (from their POV), before being slayed

Going to download the US demos later and I have VR Worlds coming tomorrow. I will be buying a few more games next week when I get paid again....... looking at the games available, it looks like I will be buying games for the next few weeks with how much is out for it already.

Battlezone,
Rigs,
DriveClub,
Batman,
Until Dawn: RoB,
SuperHyperCube,
Rez
Tumper
Job Simulator,
100ft Robot Golf

Thankfully they are not all full price games or I would be broke lol.

The Beard

giphy.gif

Nosh Nosh.

wow, first class OT. thank you for the great work op and all involved.

i cancelled my order because of PS4 Pro but next year if all its good ill get one with Summer Lesson

Man I cant wait till some JRPG dev makes an action RPG or dungeon crawler. Online co-op would be a plus.

You and me both.

A hybrid one would be cool too. Maybe 3rd person (so we can have comfortable movement) in the field and then some kind of action or turn-based combat since there's no locomotion involved on a battle screen.

Xieldos

I'm in!

Rez Infinite
Batman VR
Tumble VR (loved the first one!)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
PlayStation VR Worlds

I'm tempted by RIGS but it's quite pricey for something that might not be that great. I'll wait for the reviews before dipping in.

f@luS

More than a member.
ive read that hustle king and super Stardust upgrade VR are free for normal owner , yet its 10$ on the store for the upgrade

which one is it?

From Software King's Field VR. I want this to happen so bad.

They're working on a PSVR game, or was I just dreaming about that? But afair we don't know anything about it yet and I'd love it to be a new King's Field game.

Edit: my Amazon.de order should ship today, it's happening, isn't it? But I'll have to wait at least a week to get it though, free shipping to Switzerland ;(

Gemeanie

Bandai Namco Asia just announced Chinese and Korea localisation for Summer Lesson on Youtube, planned for Spring 2017

No mention about English localisation though.

It may be worth putting some kind of disclaimer or warning regarding sunlight and VR headsets. Folks need to be careful that the lenses are never exposed to direct sunlight, as this can permanently damage your displays, even if just for a few minutes. Make sure when you're done using your PSVR that you never leave it where sunlight may come in through a window and strike the lenses.

Well TiL.

Is there a demo version of the shark tank experience on the demo disc? I want to show that off first to people but not sure if I can buy it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom