• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 Review Thread

itshutton

Wow! I've never really paid attention to Yakuza before. Are the games normally this well received? I might jump in.

Tizoc

Sooooo excited to grab this on Tuesday! Between this RE7 and KH2.8 how the hell am I gonna decide what to play first?
26xBBi5IgnYzy3LO0.gif

What do you think? ;)

Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Easily been one of my favorite series since I picked up Yakuza 1 almost 10 years ago. Can't wait for EZA's review.

Kudos to EGM for reclaiming the number 5, but it seems pretty harsh to make this game one to do it with. It has way too much polish and personality for that.

ChaosXVI

Is this game getting a physical release? Because if so, I think I might bite, it will be my first time getting into the series.

Menitta

I absolutely love the last bit I'm Jim Sterling's review:

If Yakuza‘s always been this magnificent, I’ve got a lot of catching up to do and a lot of “friends” to chew out for not recommending it to me sooner.

shandy706

Is this game getting a physical release? Because if so, I think I might bite, it will be my first time getting into the series.

I'd question how Amazon is shipping me a "release day delivery" package if it's not physical, lol.

Can't wait to play my first Yakuza game.

Unknown?

EGM, wtf!! I can't take that seriously.

Damn looks like I'll have to get this game now... Was going to settle on just Gravity Rush this month but I can't pass on this! GR2 Y0, NiOh, and Horizon.

Raw64life

It's still in my "I'll consider it when it drops to $30 pile", but these reviews definitely make it leapfrog a couple other games for me. Just too much shit coming out this quarter.

I've never played a single Yakuza title but this one does it, I'm jumping in.

Will pick it up in the coming weeks.

Sorry if it's been stated but is this digital only? EDIT: Already been answered, nevermind!

Wow, I enjoyed Yakuza 1-5, but was not expecting Zero to get this high reviews? If this the best in the series even compared to 6 for the people who imported it?

I started playing the first game today.
And I'm truly embarassed that this series wasn't on my radar before.

For now I put 3 or 4 hours into the first game and it is amazing!
I will definitely play Yakuza 0 after I played through Yakuza 4 or 5 or whatever the latest game is that has been on PS+.
So for now Yakuza 0 sadly has to wait.
But sooner rather than later it will find my way on my PS4.
I promise.

Wow, I enjoyed Yakuza 1-5, but was not expecting Zero to get this high reviews? If this the best in the series even compared to 6 for the people who imported it?

General consenses is that its pretty much the best game in the series (or at least top 3). Its got the pacing just right, its got a great story, great antagonists and plenty of great content. I'd definitely put it above 6, which I've really enjoyed, but 6 is undoubtedly the stronger game (especially the finale chapters).

I don't know about best in the series, because everyone has their favorites in terms of story and memorable events.

The greatness of Zero can be attributed to just how well Sega has refined the formula. Everything snaps into place wonderfully.

Top Bottom