• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

kevin1025

Banned
I can't wait to see this video linked in almost every future discussion about the movie, only to have fanboys break it down piece by piece with bullet points and arguments that are merely suggested or interpreted, but not told in the movie.

It's gonna be great (to see).

I choose to accept the massive plotholes and problems and like the movie despite all of that!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
'jesus was an engineer'

Q: Why do the Engineers want to kill humanity on Earth?

A: The film clearly shows that Engineers created life on Earth and then guided humans throughout our development, one day hoping that we would come visit them. But we did something very bad. So bad, that it upset the Engineers. And according to the movie, whatever we did, happened two thousand years ago. The only thing that could be is that we killed Jesus, who apparently was an Engineer as well. Here is a quote from Scott: "If you look at it as an 'our children are misbehaving down there' scenario, there are moments where it looks like we've gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, 'Let's send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.' Guess what? They crucified him."

Thank you, Ridley Scott.

Cheerilee

I believe it was merch video 2 with the pint glasses

Yeah, that's where I remembered it starting, in a merch video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ci8h_CTeJE

Mike's doing a "Troy McClure" from The Simpsons gag (you may remember me from such videos as...) and like Troy McClure, he's a soulless shill reading his lines, with zero regard for the other actors in the scene, to the point where he doesn't know/care about anyone's names (although Mike played up the joke harder by calling Jay "Susan").
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f2P5yJFQKw

IIRC, later instances of "Susan" don't have the same context, because Susan has already been established.

I can't believe it, but I think Mike got something wrong about Star Trek in the Alien Covenant spoiler video.

He says Data's daughter Lal eventually went on to create the Borg, but I don't think she had anything to do with them, she just died and that was that.

Maybe he was thinking of the android lady from Stargate SG-1 who created the Replicators.

HACK FRAUDS!

I can't believe it, but I think Mike got something wrong about Star Trek in the Alien Covenant spoiler video.

He says Data's daughter Lal eventually went on to create the Borg, but I don't think she had anything to do with them, she just died and that was that.

Maybe he was thinking of the android lady from Stargate SG-1 who created the Replicators.

HACK FRAUDS!

Moments later, Jay brought up Lore as a much more apt example and Mike pretended to know nothing about him.

I think the whole point was that Mike was getting it all wrong. Lal is a bad example, she did not create the borg, and the obvious example everyone was already thinking of was Lore.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking

HACK FRAUDS!

That was a joke. Lore was definitely the analogy he wanted to make, as an identical robot who is also a secret asshole that experimented on other species.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
DBBEpYFXgAE7pYh.jpg
Nerd Crew or real life?

Moments later, Jay brought up Lore as a much more apt example and Mike pretended to know nothing about him.

I think the whole point was that Mike was getting it all wrong. Lal is a bad example, she did not create the borg, and the obvious example everyone was already thinking of was Lore.

That was a joke. Lore was definitely the analogy he wanted to make, as an identical robot who is also a secret asshole that experimented on other species.
Oh, right, I forgot about the Lore episode where he gave that group of Borgs emotions and made them his minions.

I honestly did wonder if he was just joking about the android lady from Stargate SG-1, since the Replicators are basically the exact same as the Borg, but I don't know if Mike is as deep into that show as he is with Star Trek.

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a specific RLM moment and I was wondering if you guys could help. I don't the video or the context, but I remember it has Rich Evans yelling out "THERE WAS A FIRST ONE?" while (I think) the camera zoomed in on his face.

If anybody could help me find that moment, I would really appreciate it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, ive watched all the episodes that got recommended.

Definitely gonna keep following RLM, i like their kind of humor.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man, after watching some old episodes i gotta say, Jay has aged liked a fine wine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom