• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Chase17

Boruto 1

Liked this a lot. Boruto (and some others) and some great reaction faces in it. The opening scene is fairly interesting, and was more compelling to me here than in the manga for whatever reason. Enjoyed the Boruto and Shikadi scenes. Guess we will find out what the deal with Denki aura thing is later on.

Seems like we are probably a while away from adapting the movie, if they plan on doing that.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
This episode was okay but I think i will hold out on watching until they start animating the Gaiden chapters.

I really liked this episode. Not having that intricate background from the original naruto story, i don't feel to concerned with not knowing it tbh. Then again, i kind of got all my naruto fill from the video games so it's a waste for me to sit back and watch all the episodes lol so for a new show, I like the feel and where it's going. I was impressed by the movie too so i definitely feel like I'm gonna keep up with this.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
First episode was fun.

This anime is in a unique position where the audience can be invested in tons of background adult characters because they spent like a decade with them already. Hope the show leverages them in some way. They don't need to take center stage (maybe once in a blue moon to showcase their powers), but I hope the show keeps them at cameo or above status.

LogicStep

I guess I'll give this a shot. I got real tired of the Naruto anime. Ended up going through the manga just to see the end. Hopefully this doesn't fall in the same trappings.

XxCGSxX

So.....is the anime going to follow the manga or are they going to be 2 separate things? They had the same intro but the manga chapter was a lot different.

EhoaVash

Uh what kind of eyes are those on boruto in the beginning?? They don't look like the byukagan

Also weird that he has a scratched up headband/eyes I wonder if he becomes Sasuke like and leaves the village lol

rambis

Banned
Uh what kind of eyes are those on boruto in the beginning?? They don't look like the byukagan

Also weird that he has a scratched up headband/eyes I wonder if he becomes Sasuke like and leaves the village lol
I think he still has Sasuke's headband he got in the movie. The eye probably is some form of byakugan. I guess he loses an eye at some point judging by the scar.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I just hope they pretend all the shit with the demon brothers or whatever from the ending of Naruto never happened...

I've never seen a series shit over its main message like that did.

Desmond

They look like the Tenseigan- a powered up Byakugan which appeared in The Last : Naruto the Movie.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
First episode was fun.

This anime is in a unique position where the audience can be invested in tons of background adult characters because they spent like a decade with them already. Hope the show leverages them in some way. They don't need to take center stage (maybe once in a blue moon to showcase their powers), but I hope the show keeps them at cameo or above status.

I think the older generation will start playing a more primary roll once the big bads come into it. Almost every villain fight in Shippuden starred an older cast member, be it Kakashi, Gai, the Kages, Bee, etc., as Kishi might have thought it unbelievable to have a kid take down a criminal organization by himself.
I reckon Kawaki didn't cause all that damage himself and has a group he works with, whether it's the moon people or someone new. It'd be cool to see the likes of the kids fighting with their parents against them. Give the likes of Shino, Tenten, Kiba, and Ino more screentime too, the ones who didn't get a proper chance to shine in the original. Shino himself is the academy teacher so it's off to a good start.

I know this is the new kids story, but having the older gen acting as their Kakashi and Gai would be ace.

ZoddGutts

First ep was alright, nothing special.

Is this going to be a long running series non stop series or is it going to have seasons/breaks like most Shonen Jump series these days. If it's the former this series is going to get pretty bad with all the filler like in previous Naruto series. Prefer what Shonen Jump is doing with their manga series getting animated, having them be done in seasons, less filler and better quality animation. Kuroko, My Hero Academia, Haikyu!! and Shokugeki no Soma being examples of that. World Trigger is the only recent Shonen Jump manga that had no seasons breaks for the anime.

Loved it but I adore Naruto. Can't imagine it being impactful if you haven't taken the ride, though I suppose it looks good. Really glad it didn't start with at tedious retelling of the film like the manga did (and these types of things always seem to).

I thought it was pretty enjoyable. The tease of adult naruto with one eye and all badass ninja like better make it into this show in a decent amount of time.

A bit shitty that it starts further back, makes me feel like we're gonna see a similar story again just to reach the point of new stuff. But hopefully they can do it in an enjoyable way or something.

RangerBAD

Didn't know they were doing an original arc first. Filler from the get go. Even so, I enjoyed the episode.

I thought it was pretty enjoyable. The tease of adult naruto with one eye and all badass ninja like better make it into this show in a decent amount of time.

A bit shitty that it starts further back, makes me feel like we're gonna see a similar story again just to reach the point of new stuff. But hopefully they can do it in an enjoyable way or something.

That was Boruto.

amoham10

Neo Member
Still annoyed to this day that a god like Naruto has been killed. Makes me annoyed to know an emo little punk was responsible for it and not an adult with many years of experience.

CrazyDude

Still annoyed to this day that a god like Naruto has been killed. Makes me annoyed to know an emo little punk was responsible for it and not an adult with many years of experience.

1. They never use the words kill, just imply it.
2. No body means no death.

I doubt Naruto is killed, it's obviously meant to hook us in.

Jeffrey

enjoyable. the question is if they can keep the animation up. (lol).

Anyways naruto is more fun as kids.

I'm more curious about naruto's story though. Going from fun times shounen hero to... 'executive' behind a desk doing paperwork is... surprisingly realistic for a lot of careers irl lol.

Effect

Remember it was made clear from the beginning when the show/manga started that age really has nothing to do with how powerful a person could be. We see how powerful Naruto and Sasuke ended up being in their early teens. How powerful Itachi was when he was even younger. Naruto could potentially be killed by a little kid if he or she had enough power, right ability and was capable enough and it would be in line with what the Naurto universe has shown us.

That said the first episode was pretty good. Good move going back to before the film and then working up toward it. The problem is do they redo the events of the movie or just air the movie and then move forward. That there is a new character (and if he gets popular. The fan art has already started.) suggest to me they might very well redo the events of film. I hope not.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That was pretty neat. I really liked the way they did the cold open, too.

I'm in for now. They should be proud, considering I haven't watched any of the anime since episode 100 something of the original show.

First episode is amazing, it felt refreshing but distinctly Naruto. the animation is also amazing, I hope it keep the animation quality and not just episode 1 thing. I also love the parkour animation at the start of episode.

the glimpse of the future is interesting I guess, but man, how many years do we have to wait until we reach that part? I think it's way too early to tease older Boruto.

Fj0823

I hope Kishimoto doesn't pull a Toriyama. With this "The son is now the MC"

I don't want to see Boruto get Gohan'd

SuperOrez

I haven't really kept up with anything Naruto related since the manga ended but I watche's this and it was pretty cool. Does Boruto actually mean anything cause I really hate that name.

Effect

iirc It's a tribute to Neji.

I remember reading about that. I think Neji's name was suppose to mean "screw" or something like that. While Boruto was suppose to mean or be used to describe a "bolt". So if it's a tribute for Neji it makes sense because he and Hinata ended up being very close and having a brother/sister relationship. Naruto and Neji ended up being good friends and his death almost pretty much broke him.

Rewatched the episode and I'm glad that new characters aren't all going to be children of the previous characters. There looks like there are going to be a few that aren't and I hope they're not just background characters.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well shit, and here I thought they wouldn't be able to top the Sharingan in BS power level fuckery...

The Tensaigan is a kekkei genkai that unlocks 100% of the user's brain, while the normal human mind only uses 10% of their brain. The Tensaigan can inhance the user's five senses, (sight, smell, taste, hearing, feel,) by almost double, but if your really skilled in the Tensaigan, then it could multiply your senses by three. People using the Tensaigan can communicate to anyone telepathically within a ten mile radius. The person could also read anyone's mind they want that is in their ten mile radius. The wielder of the Tensaigan could also use telekinesis while the Tensaigan is activated.

Top Bottom