• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Well shit, and here I thought they wouldn't be able to top the Sharingan in BS power level fuckery...

Every time i read the uses only 10% of a brain bullshit I want to hurt the author.

Good fucking god how bad do you have to be at understanding biology and evolution to think we ended up with brains that are 90% worthless.

theWB27

I had told myself i wasn't going to watch this if naruto died. Since i was told by a few people he was killed. The cold open alleviated that so I'm in.

Damn i miss jaraiya though.

CrazyDude

I don't think it's the Tensaigan either.

4rs2k8qwrrpy.jpg

Besides the pupil looking different, the Tensaigen didn't cause the whites of the eye to go black.

rambis

Banned
Nobody knows what Boruto's eye is lol. And he's not going to be able to use it for a while looking at the movie content. The first scene was obviously a time skip- ala the one we got to start Shippuden.

We shouldn't really worry about powers in this series. Its already been basically confirmed in interviews that no one will be more powerful than Naruto or Sasuke.

First episode is amazing, it felt refreshing but distinctly Naruto. the animation is also amazing, I hope it keep the animation quality and not just episode 1 thing. I also love the parkour animation at the start of episode.

the glimpse of the future is interesting I guess, but man, how many years do we have to wait until we reach that part? I think it's way too early to tease older Boruto.
One thing thats subtlety apperent is how much more precise Boruto are in his movements compared to Naruto. He is definitely a Kakashi/Minato type.

Loco4Coco

As someone who stopped watching/following Naruto after the Pain arc I found this episode very enjoyable. Kinda reminded me of the original Naruto anime.

Also, Anko got Thicc.

Opt1kon_

I think he still has Sasuke's headband he got in the movie. The eye probably is some form of byakugan. I guess he loses an eye at some point judging by the scar.

that eye that Boruto posses is called the Tenseigan basically those of whom are descendants of Hamura Uzumaki + Hyuga = True Teneigan

same can be explained with Uchiha + Senju = Rennegan

Opt1kon_

I think he still has Sasuke's headband he got in the movie. The eye probably is some form of byakugan. I guess he loses an eye at some point judging by the scar.

I don't think it's the Tensaigan either.

Besides the pupil looking different, the Tensaigen didn't cause the whites of the eye to go black.

nah its the Tenseigan %100 sure the one you posted. below isn't the true form of the Tenseigan brutes form is absolute

sorry for double post

Shouta

First episode was really good and a nice way of not rehashing the intro compared to the movie and the manga. I like Denki too and he could be interesting.

I still don't like Sarada's design in this and the manga though. I thought her movie design was much better.

timberger

First ep was decent, even if Boruto himself continues to come across like a total Poochie the dog character. Sidelining the older characters is the best move though, so good to see they're doing that at least... for now.

Not loving that it's starting so far before the Boruto movie though. Gonna be a while before we get to an adaption of Naruto Gaiden I guess. Seems like they're not going to bother animating the final chapter of the Naruto manga either :(

It will have to. There's only 11 chapters out now and it's monthly series.

I take it it's unlikely that Boruto will take the Dragonball Super approach and have the anime be the main focus for telling the story while the manga plays catch-up?

Epcott

Nice first episode...

I was curious and discussed with my friend whether or not this would follow the manga (which is finally finished retelling the events of Boruto's film). Doesn't seem to, though there are similarities with the new kid.

I wonder if they'll show the Boruto's point of view of what happened in the film's conclusion
which is important to the flashforward.

Loved the opening by the way... very Persona-ish 😏

Opt1kon_

Still doesn't look the same:

365ef592bd16d86066b4e2850f7c67e186120790_hq.jpg

Tenseigan doesn't make the whites of the eye black.

The True Tenseigan is through the Hyuga + Uzumaki Clans
The Same Way the True Rennigan is through the Senju + Uchiha Clans

When The Child of a Hyuga is Born its just standard Inheritance of the Byakugan however when another Clan (Uzumaki Clan) of The Hamura and Hagoromo brothers both Sons of Kaguya Ootsutsuki Make a Pure!!! Tenseigan So to speak the evolution of the Byakugan , its sort of like the first stage the missing link if that makes any sense

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The True Tenseigan is through the Hyuga + Uzumaki Clans
The Same Way the True Rennigan is through the Senju + Uchiha Clans

When The Child of a Hyuga is Born its just standard Inheritance of the Byakugan however when another Clan (Uzumaki Clan) of The Hamura and Hagoromo brothers both Sons of Kaguya Ootsutsuki Make a Pure!!! Tenseigan So to speak the evolution of the Byakugan , its sort of like the first stage the missing link if that makes any sense
That's a nice description, but it doesn't say anything about why Boruto's eye looks nothing like the Tenseigan.

Based on the remarks in the recent manga chapters about
Boruto's blue eyes tainting the Byakugan or something similar,
I bet it's a Byakugan variant that isn't Tenseigan.

Skilletor

That's a nice description, but it doesn't say anything about why Boruto's eye looks nothing like the Tenseigan.

Based on the remarks in the recent manga chapters about
Boruto's blue eyes tainting the Byakugan or something similar,
I bet it's a Byakugan variant that isn't Tenseigan.

We've only seen on tenseigan. We don't know if they all look the same.

CrazyDude

Descriptions of the next few episodes.

Episode 2 : Boruto is punished for having cause trouble on the day he entered the academy.
Despises having received due punishment for his actions, Boruto's classmate eyes seems surprisingly cold to him, even thought he's the Hokage's son. During this, Boruto is being challenged by a fellow classmate, Yuino Iwabee.

Episode 3 : Metal Lee, from Boruto's class, in a young boy who always work very hard but is very easily nervous, shy and uneasy in front of others. Because of this problem, he has always problems with asserting his abilities in front of others. One day, Nara Shikadai says very heartless words to Metal Lee.

Episode 4 : At the proposal of Professor Aburame Shino, the students of the class will be divided into boys and girls team in a Capture The Flag battle on the roof. Boruto and the boys goes straight to the roof but their progress are stopped by the combinated might of Uchiha Sarada and Akimichi Chouchou.

Episode 5 (May 3) The Mysterious Transfer Student...!!
A transfer student called Mitsuki has transferred from the Hidden Sound. He defeats Iwabē during the sparring lesson, and shows considerable talent in academics as well......

Khezu

Tennis ball eyes do make sense in that it would give Boruto a similar powerup to his father with out actually making him a jin.

It would give him a chakra aura and truth seeking balls.

Though that should not happen for a very long time.

goddamn the village is getting destroyed again? smh, Naruto this kind of shit wasn't supposed to happen again, #Sasukewasright.(did I just type that?, god help me)

C9NFG9FWsAAGDtk.jpg:small
C9NIQcAXcAIX1FR.jpg:small

I love this ninja academy stuff already, bully Iwabe was great and the fight with little to know ninjutsu was just as exciting as all the big stuff in Naruto Shippuden. Go Boruto.

Only criticism I have is that Shikadai is clearly a clone of Shikamaru even the personality, lol, I kind of like it and hate it at the same time, but since everyone else has far has been kind of different from their parents maybe we needed someone who was exactly the same.

Inojin is so different for example but his character grew on me,Shikadai is great in Boruto circle included Denki (not in the ED, is he going to vanish?), and Sarada is actually growing on me (her silent cheering on for Boruto was great, even her ending pose lol).
C9NJ2xgXUAAvAHo.jpg:small

rambis

Banned
So this is an original series huh...
So technically no filler, right...?
Right its all new content. Its alot different from Naruto Ship where the manga was done before the anime. So far the anime has produced content that neither the book or manga has shown that we kinda have to consider as cannon.

Right its all new content. Its alot different from Naruto Ship where the manga was done before the anime. So far the anime has produced content that neither the book or manga has shown that we kinda have to consider as cannon.

Cool I'm much more likely to follow along as this is the case, first episode wasn't too bad.
Thanks for the confirmation :)

Tizoc

Every time i read the uses only 10% of a brain bullshit I want to hurt the author.

Good fucking god how bad do you have to be at understanding biology and evolution to think we ended up with brains that are 90% worthless.
How do you feel about hokuto shinken?

Akai__

Will this thread only be about the anime or the manga, too? Because I'd like to avoid getting spoiled.

Anyways, the 2 episodes so far have been nice. Looking forward to this, just like to OG Naruto and Shippuuden.

Because it was a cheap and shitty death that kishi threw at us for a cheap motivational speech for Naruto.

Really terrible how that turned out.

Chase17

Good episode. Did a nice job of introducing mostly everyone. Although Metal Lee gets his time next week, and Mitsuki is still a bit away. I guess we are to believe that Iwaba is Kawaki?

As DTL was saying it does seem that the children characters are different enough from their parents which is good. And yeah, Shikadai is absolutely Shikamaru which is fine by me since he was my favorite character in Naruto anyways.

Will this thread only be about the anime or the manga, too? Because I'd like to avoid getting spoiled.
I think this thread is just for the anime. Although, if you've seen the Boruto film, there really isn't anything to spoil from the manga as of now.

How do you feel about hokuto shinken?

If that's the you're already dead thing, fine. Because nobody really believes that's a thing outside of the anime/manga context it's seen in. Plenty of idiots really believe the 'humans only use 10% of their brain's power' bullshit and ain't nobody got time to put up with that. It's on the level of flat earthers.

Definitely not feeling how similar Shikadai is to his father. His relationship with Boruto seems very similar to Naruto and Shikamaru's current relationship. I hope they touch on it later. Kind of curious what they plan on doing with all these new characters, Boruto seems like the least insufferable prodigy so far.

Good episode. Happy to see smaller scale battles between ninja again like the good ol' days. Its weird seeing these kids not being friends off the bat yet. Imagined they would all be buddies. I also thought Konohamaru was gonna be their homeroom teacher? Or does he become their squad leader?

Boruto is cool and likeable. Very easy to root for him. The class rep is totally into him. Whos kid is she anyways?

Also, did the battle take place at the same arena as
Lee vs Gaara
?

Top Bottom