• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Coke "Billboard" though...

mr.beers

Uhh, I've never torqued a nut like that in my life. (@ 1:05)
Turning it 90 degrees after the wrench has clicked?
You're over tightening it or the wrench is set wrong

Having worked on a few cars replacing cylinder head gaskets and the like. Many torque specifications require a 1/4, 1/2, or full turn after the initial torque.

Weckum

FiVUTwr.png

My sides.

Ravelle

Every time I see a coke ad I think to myself "does coke really need advertising?"

Coke has been Coke since 1886, everyone knows that it exists and what it tastes like.

It's crazy they still spent so much on these crazy ads.

Then it's Christmas and suddenly Santa has become the icon of Coca Cola.

Euphor!a

Banned
Every time I see a coke ad I think to myself "does coke really need advertising?"

Coke has been Coke since 1886, everyone knows that it exists and what it tastes like.

Coke is Coke because they advertise. If they stop advertising they will soon not be Coke.

number11

The actual billboard engineering is more impressive than the visuals. Thought it was just an optical illusion at first.

Hydrus

looks cool, but if I walked into a city at night with nothing but those kinds of billboards, I'd have a seizure.

LOLDSFAN

Everyone knows that Coke exists and what it tastes like.

Everyone knows that Dr. Pepper exists and what it tastes like.

The next time you're thirsty though (assuming you like both drinks), and you just saw the ad, there's a chance you'll pick Coke since it's fresh in your head.

That's how most drink/food advertisements work. They know you already know they exist. They're there playing in the off chance you're hungry or thirsty and you'll think about them first.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Practicalities of the install and upkeep aside, that's awesome.

Cardon

Awesome engineering. Also, I can't help but wonder at the potential nightmare it is to fix a component of that if something breaks or fails.

The next time you're thirsty though (assuming you like both drinks), and you just saw the ad, there's a chance you'll pick Coke since it's fresh in your head.

That's how most drink/food advertisements work. They know you already know they exist. They're there playing in the off chance you're hungry or thirsty and you'll think about them first.

Yep. Its all mindshare. They want to be at the top of your mind and the only way to do that is persistent advertising

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I remember reading a quote once about this that said something like "when you get a plane in the air you don't stop accelerating"

Coke are Coke because they advertise all the time.

Radec

Yep. Most people who wants to eat or drink doesn't really know what they want until they see an ad or something.

kyser73

Coke actually did that. Back in the early 80s, their media spend dropped off the face of the earth on the basis that 'everyone knows Coca Cola.' Pepsi gained market share immediately.

Top Bottom