• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MGS4 NYC Midnight Launch thread of HIDEO KOJIMA

Gah, need to make phone calls... but after sleep.

G'night Gaffers. Hopefully some more info will be up soon (I'll call Richard Branson tomorrow and see what's up).

You must print ticket(s) at home or work. Please print only one ticket per page, do not print on the back of the paper. Proceed directly to the gate. Board your bus at the following station no later than one hour prior to the scheduled departure time.
FRONT ST WEST & YORK ST
CURBSIDE--NO ENCLOSED
WAITING AREA
TORONTO ROYAL YORK HOTEL, ON

PAYMENT
Subtotal: $2.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $2.00

Your Purchase Information:
Billed to Visa XXXXXXXXXX

HELL YEA MOTHAFUCKERS!!! KOJIMA!!!! IM COMING IN ARSENAL GEAR!!!

consoul

On behalf of Australia I hereby declare that you guys suck and you can all get a dirty mullet up you sideways.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
g35twinturbo said:
I'm so sad I can't be there :( or get it signed!
well even for the people physically capable of getting there itd be a 8+ hour wait in line to get it signed : \

although 8 hours in line with mgs fans would be fun

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
-COOLIO- said:
well even for the people physically capable of getting there itd be a 8+ hour wait in line to get it signed : \

yeah that would be fun indeed, if anyone is really going and know anyone who wants to make some money let me know!

it just sucks that LA doesn't get any love like that

Crateman

-COOLIO- said:

I don't want to jinx this one up... but with the Strategy Guide coming early, there could be massive spoiler attempts by assclowns.

... but I wouldn't want to be the guy in charge of spoiling the story. An angry mob of MGS fans is 10X dangerous than a Harry Potter one. CQC skills and all.

Maggot9 said:
If I'm coming from Toronto do I need a passport or anything?

Yes. Residence Card used to be accepted, but since 9/11 shit hit the brick.

Crateman said:
I don't want to jinx this one up... but with the Strategy Guide coming early, there could be massive spoiler attempts by assclowns.

... but I wouldn't want to be the guy in charge of spoiling the story. An angry mob of MGS fans is 10X dangerous than a Harry Potter one. CQC skills and all.

:lol :lol :lol

I'll be ready with Mosin Nagant tranquilizer sniper rifle :lol :lol

Crateman

If someone on the 1UP Show is reading this, and plan to have footage of this event...

Please, make and official count of how many guys turn up to the waiting line sporting the official "Mustache/Mullet/Bandanna/Eye patch" look.

Askia47

8 hours huh....i would go, but is really worth it? Stand on line from like 6pm to 12am, kinda long and u could not get it signed either. weighing my options.....

Crateman said:
If someone on the 1UP Show is reading this, and plan to have footage of this event...

Please, make and official count of how many guys turn up to the waiting line sporting the official "Mustache/Mullet/Bandanna/Eye patch" look.

:lol I actually kept a beard/mustaches for MGS but i shaved it off cause i said "Pfft! It's not like Kojima is going to see me in it!"

Boo for me :/

Maggot9 said:
well shit, i don't have mine yet. how long does it take to get one?

If you are renewing passport, let them know that you have a booking on June 10th-ish and show them ticket and they will do an urgent process.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Crateman said:

Don't worry, I'll be on photo duties if I'm there and things work out as I hope. :p

Kyoufu

If anyone can go and get me a signed copy of the LE (or standard too I guess) and send it to me I will make it worth their while. Please :(

Varshes

Maggot9 said:
If I'm coming from Toronto do I need a passport or anything?

If you are going by motor vehicle, you do NOT need a passport. Just proof of citizenship (birth certificate) and photo I.D. (driver's licence, etc.).

LowParry

Kyoufu said:
If anyone can go and get me a signed copy of the LE (or standard too I guess) and send it to me I will make it worth their while. Please :(

I'd like the same as well. I just don't know how people can get multiple copies with multiple signatures. I'm not sure what could be done. Someone make the purchases, then send them off after a paypal payment, etc. -cry- I hate my gaming life some times.

SnakeXs

I believe they won't have LE copies anywho, so that's out the window.

And I'd be surprised if they let your get more than the game signed. And if so, I'm bringing a bunch of shit. :lol

Big props to the GAFer who get Hideo to sign this:
537074509_hhct.jpg

ampere

Damn, I'm all the way down in Atlanta. No way I could manage this :(
There are few famous people who I'd actually want to speak to, and Hideo is definitely one of them, the man is brilliant.

so which bus are the toronto GAFer's taking? i'm seriously considering coming but getting there with only a few hours to spare sounds risky. is there a bus leaving the night before and arriving in new york in the morning? it's time square and it's hideo and mgs4. i think the lineup would start fairly early.

Agemo_GB

Neo Member
I will be there for sure. I am off on Thursday too so that means I get my copy signed come home and enjoy perfection with my PS3! Also that night I will be playing MGO like an addict because I missed out on the last few days of the beta...

=(

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
The Faceless Master said:
most of the time shit like this happens on the west coast

shyyyt

Tell me when, I haven't seen anything like this except for WoW stuff and that's when it was released.

kuYuri

OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm so there! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm only a train ride or two away. NYC bitches!

Something tells me Virgin doesn't have the LE, since it's supposed to be Gamestop exclusive. That likely means I'm buying two copies of the game, one SE and one LE.

So who's going?

SnakeXs

criesofthepast said:
so which bus are the toronto GAFer's taking? i'm seriously considering coming but getting there with only a few hours to spare sounds risky. is there a bus leaving the night before and arriving in new york in the morning? it's time square and it's hideo and mgs4. i think the lineup would start fairly early.

As someone who's traveled between NYC and Toronto a bunch, I gotta suggest looking at trains.

About the same length, but WAY more comfortable, they have plugs for power, no need to get up and change busses, and Customs is quicker and easier.

g35twinturbo said:
shyyyt

Tell me when, I haven't seen anything like this except for WoW stuff and that's when it was released.
Same here, I never really here about these types of events. Where do they happen more LA or Bay Area?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
dr3upmushroom said:
Same here, I never really here about these types of events. Where do they happen more LA or Bay Area?

Actually, I remember 1 thing happening at the Sony Meteron or whatever its called some time ago but nothing recent that I can recall. In LA (where I am at) I don't even know where they can do something like this.

Ooh, I'm really tempted, except I don't have a PS3...

Still, I plan on getting one eventually. If I can get a friend to go with, I'll totally be there.

*Subscribed to this thread for further details.

Gribbix

g35twinturbo said:
shyyyt

As I mentioned in the other thread, Kojima and Shinkawa were signing autographs at the Gamestop in Universal Citywalk shortly after MGS3 was released. The same Gamestop also hosted signing events with Cliff Bleszinski, David Jaffe, and Koji Igarashi. That's just at that particular Gamestop.

SnakeXs said:
As someone who's traveled between NYC and Toronto a bunch, I gotta suggest looking at trains.

About the same length, but WAY more comfortable, they have plugs for power, no need to get up and change busses, and Customs is quicker and easier.

oh trust me, i totally agree. i take via rail all the time between toronto and london/windsor and it's much much better.

on second thought, i just did a quick toronto to new york on via rail and the trip is 13 hours which is really long and it costs $175 dollars. you would also have to leave on the 10th and get there on the 11th early morning. via rail also has wifi and food and shit so it's tempting.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Gribbix said:
As I mentioned in the other thread, Kojima and Shinkawa were signing autographs at the Gamestop in Universal Citywalk shortly after MGS3 was released. The same Gamestop also hosted signing events with Cliff Bleszinski, David Jaffe, and Koji Igarashi. That's just at that particular Gamestop.

Damn, really? I didn't hear nothing about any of this :(

Top Bottom