• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 1, 2016 (Jan 04 - Jan 10)

Rodin

No way that "X" is NX related (sadly lol).

Nice to see Paper Jam over 200k after its bad start, Christmas helped a lot reaching decent numbers but that little gem deserved even more. How much did Dream Team sell in Japan in the same amount of time and ltd? I guess numbers are higher but i want to see how much.

Fdkn

Sofmap is helding another campaign. Now, if you buy a New 3DS (used or a new one) and a 32GB SD or Micro SD you got 30% discount for the card.

How much is that card in Japan? Because they've been going for 'sale' at ~10€ here for months so a 30% discount on that doesn't seem like something remarkable =/

horuhe

Digimon is not a super-niche IP for which the installed base hardly matters, and could benefit from being on the widest popular platform in the monster-catching RPG genre - with both young and older audience too. That's why I do think it might have been a good idea pushing the IP on 3DS as well (multiplat with 3DS, exclusively on 3DS... That wasn't the issue).

Aside from the move to target older fans with Cyber Sleuth, I think another motivating factor for Bandai is future proofing. They've put a lot of effort into creating new, high quality models for various Digimon in Cyber Sleuth and now Next Order, that can be reused in games over the next 5-10 years potentially. A 3DS version would have limited the tech too much.

But now when the Vita dies and they move Digimon to the NX they can keep using those Cyber Sleuth models rather than having to start from scratch.

casiopao

Aside from the move to target older fans with Cyber Sleuth, I think another motivating factor for Bandai is future proofing. They've put a lot of effort into creating new, high quality models for various Digimon in Cyber Sleuth and now Next Order, that can be reused in games over the next 5-10 years potentially. A 3DS version would have limited the tech too much.

But now when the Vita dies and they move Digimon to the NX they can keep using those Cyber Sleuth models rather than having to start from scratch.

I agree a lot with what you said here about future proofing. While demographically, 3ds may provide more sales in theory, the assets will not be usable for future platform like NX and PS4 so they are going to be happy with the current sales for a while till new platform which is able to support all the assets is releases.

in non-worthy news, Marvelous will release game-guidebook bundle for Rune Factory 4 & Story of Seasons on 7th April...
? Haven't they been good when it comes to making counterpart Vita ads? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. There was this one last September that I thought was pretty good.

oh my bad. i thought they already stop doing it for vita

Fisico

Yep that's what I said earlier, except it wasn't only about the assets but the "knowledge" around development overall.

That might be another reason. This couldn't have prevedented to release a 3DS Digimon game, though, along PSV ones - many IPs are released across 3DS and Sony platforms, from Namco Bandai itself.

test_account

XP-39C²

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Atlus lady just stated they are surprised bu Odin Sphere numbers at Niconico stream.

Good :)
crinale, can you help us with that post from the blog about the X day? Hiska posted about it earlier.

crinale

Like you guys have already expected, he said thing has come down to rather than just thing has come, so I'm expecting XB1 number has come down to 2 digits. Anyway we'll find out about soon.
BTW he did hint XB1 might fade away from Japanese market someday like few weeks ago but I think it's not surprising to anybody.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Like you guys have already expected, he said thing has come down to rather than just thing has come, so I'm expecting XB1 number has come down to 2 digits. Anyway we'll find out about soon.
BTW he did hint XB1 might fade away from Japanese market someday like few weeks ago but I think it's not surprising to anybody.

Thanks as always.

If that was the case, the WiiU should have seen more 3rd party support as well. Publishers wouldnt put a game on a platform if they didnt think it could sell.

Quite reaching to compare the third parties situation on Wii U and a game in a popular IP in the monster-catching genre on 3DS. Publishers also make bad decisions all the time.

L~A

Media Create:

New3DS LL 30,172
PS4 25,592
Vita 18,202
Wii U 15,398
New3DS 6,241
3DS 4,797
PS3 1,939
3DS LL 1,162
Xbox One 99

95k for Odin (almost 50/50 for both versions)

Elandyll

Banned

alg_herman_cain_washington.jpg

Top Bottom