• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
fran, I've been rereading the past day and have a question about tonight. Why would I let the invite go to a random person, if I could just send it to Fat and be out of the detection range anyhow? If I were to get killed tonight, any result sent back would be muddled by the chance that I sent my invite to the same person. Sending the invite to Fat avoids that.

Adding to this, I have no idea if I'll get any indication of who my invite was sent to should I fail to send one.

I'll switch my vote back later.

Honestly fed up with Blarg and don't believe he lied about lying in gossip. There was no reason for that. Except to "troll".

first time playing Blarg? Blarg roleplaying is machine, not because he was forced but because he wanted to do it.
"EXPERT IN GUERRILLA WARFARE—"
QAJAXol.gif
can't read Blarg.
"—MAN WHO'S THE BEST—"​
Some people can, others (including myself) can't.
"—WITH GUNS, KNIVES, BARE HANDS—"
jq3LW0w.gif
feel worse after Sorian died last night. Sorian knows how to read Blarg.
"—TRAINED TO IGNORE PAIN—"​
The couple of games that I read where Sorian and Blarg played together almost always Sorian was right about Blarg.
"—IGNORE—"​
But this is too meta for my taste.
"—EAT THINGS MAKE PUKE—"​
If there is only scum left (and as so far there weren't more than one kill per night phase) that means that we can make 3 misslynches before lylo. I would wait a bit before going after Blarg. Right now I'm more interested in Melon and Kitsune.
yEciRVc.gif
"—ATTRITION... THE BEST!"
yEciRVc.gif

WAR YOU WON'T BELIEVE

as your last meal?

So, in the scenario I put forth, you assumed that... you just had your last meal. You thought of the phone-ringing as an ominous harbinger of your imminent demise, food aside.

The answer to your Alignment lies in your assumption in the context of reality. You must be the last Mafia; desperately Just waiting.

UNVOTE: melonrabbit

VOTE: rac

franconp

fran, I've been rereading the past day and have a question about tonight. Why would I let the invite go to a random person, if I could just send it to Fat and be out of the detection range anyhow? If I were to get killed tonight, any result sent back would be muddled by the chance that I sent my invite to the same person. Sending the invite to Fat avoids that.

Adding to this, I have no idea if I'll get any indication of who my invite was sent to should I fail to send one.

I just meant that don't say who did you targeted. Look at the last line of the post (I think it was).

It's simple. If you and Fat target the same player and Fat says that he saw no movement he is lying and we should lynch him.

Just a way to also know if Fat is scum.

You can just make it random or target someone and don't claim who today or before Fat posts his results.

rac

Banned
But it was you who assumed Fat's menu selection was a last meal and this sounds like you're threatening Fat Tonight, dessert pizza fan
don't try and put this on me you're the one that claimed two shots were up

seems like scum never believed you though

After sleeping on things here's my current thoughts on the game at large.

I feel most confident in Fran and Neck being town. Although Fran did lead the charge against Zubz -- which was ultimately a mislnych, given Zubz's overall behavior and millions of gambit kind of justified the need to flip.

In general Fran is quite critical and very thorough with his analysis. Neck has played similarly and the reveal of the Gossip chat does add to his credibility.

I would place both Fat and Kalor slightly below Fran. Fat I've had trouble reading all game as he has taken a bit of a background throughout the game, and in light of his PR role, I'm thinking was possibly a ploy to lay low until late(r) game when his ability might be more useful.

Kalor lack of shitposting made me unease initially and nothing has really stood out to me. There have been a few posts here and then that have provided some commentary which was nice but he's kind just there. I don't like to be this null on someone so late in the game.

Rac has played a consistent game of shitposting of which I'm highly familiar. I can't say I've understood a single one his votes.

Kit, I've already expressed my feelings there several times. It is nice to see her finally step up and do something proactive but again it only happens when it directly impact her. Seems a bit lost without Wee to bus her anymore.

Not sure I fully understand this back and forth between CB and Blarg. I don't think Blarg ever explained why he (supposedly) lied. And since I don't recall seeing Neck confirm if this did indeed happen in the Gossip chat I'm unsure which one to believe. Common sense would argue never trust Blarg but idk. CB vote-to-immediate-unvote on Blarg was downright pointless, so maybe they are just playing us.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure I fully understand this back and forth between CB and Blarg. I don't think Blarg ever explained why he (supposedly) lied. And since I don't recall seeing Neck confirm if this did indeed happen in the Gossip chat I'm unsure which one to believe.

Blarg stated that he didn't check franconp night 2, and that he still had one shot as of that night (night 3).

If you blocked him night 3, he might have tried to use that shot the same night but was unable to.

His line of questioning about the jailor seems interesting in this context. I asked him when he got his results back, and he said "when Crimson sees it, probably". This seemed strange and I stated that he was yanking my chain because how would that interact with a switcher or roleblocker?

All that came after that was a single post consisting of "hmmm".

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
I believe rac and Corn to be town. I know that putting someone on a bus is a thing, but on a day like yesterday with two of their own set to go up in smoke? I don't see it. Not when numbers were that close.

rac

Banned
Just found it.

What made your suspect Dusk? Don't recall him being on anyone's radar at the time.
even though dusk said he thought kark was vanilla town he really didn't seem to care that they were going to die

lied saying i was a claimed arsonist

said 6 people could end up out of the game if arsonist goes off

Blarg stated that he didn't check franconp night 2, and that he still had one shot as of that night (night 3).

If you blocked him night 3, he might have tried to use that shot the same night but was unable to.

His line of questioning about the jailor seems interesting in this context. I asked him when he got his results back, and he said "when Crimson sees it, probably". This seemed strange and I stated that he was yanking my chain because how would that interact with a switcher or roleblocker?

All that came after that was a single post consisting of "hmmm".

So we are back to having only Zubz role being confirmed by Blarg prior to his flip? Or did he really check Fran and then lied about not checking Fran to your or he lied to the chat but did use both shots. But then there was the comment he made to Fat to shoot him should he post a gif that I guess "breadcrumbs" the whole thing. Or Fran really was doctor and...

Yeah, idk about Blarg :/

I believe rac and Corn to be town. I know that putting someone on a bus is a thing, but on a day like yesterday with two of their own set to go up in smoke? I don't see it. Not when numbers were that close.

What are your thoughts on Wee's last second vote?

even though dusk said he thought kark was vanilla town he really didn't seem to care that they were going to die

lied saying i was a claimed arsonist

said 6 people could end up out of the game if arsonist goes off

Gotcha.

No doctor. Vanilla. Either he investigated me or he is lucky.

Yes, LP was likely the doctor all things considered.

Was mainly expressing my exhaustion with keeping up with the endless gambits, lies and narrative threads Blarg has been throwing at us since D1.

Which is typical Blarg, yes.

franconp

Yes, LP was likely the doctor all things considered.

Was mainly expressing my exhaustion with keeping up with the endless gambits, lies and narrative threads Blarg has been throwing at us since D1.

Which is typical Blarg, yes.

I'm still kinda hoping that Blarg is scum.

I mean, a scum chat with Blarg, Wee and Dusk can be quite entertaining.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
What are your thoughts on Wee's last second vote?

...I'm wondering. Why wait until the last moment? Why would another scum not move? Why would Dusk specifically not move, missing one of the two chances at getting a potential arsonist?

I guess the easiest solutions here were only Wee was there to change votes or... scum couldn't. If kitsunelaine is scum, then they simply can't swing the vote the other way. Wee may have been trying to get some heat off her (since Wee would flip the next day if they missed the arsonist) but the votes went out of control. She couldn't switch to acohrs immediately because it would look suspicious so soon after voting for kitsunelaine. However, Wee had to try to right the ship at the last moment because the game would be over if they lynched kitsunelaine. A chance is better than no chance.

It's not ironclad... but I voted for Cewyn with less.

Vote: kitsunelaine

If I'm wrong and I die tonight, then I have had creeping suspicions around Blarg. I fear that he is a scum cop (alias Bad Cop) possibly covering for franconp (suspected alias Mafia Goon). In addition: I think that whatever side melon is on, Blarg is not. I would rather see Blarg lynched to check this if it comes down to it.

franconp

...I'm wondering. Why wait until the last moment? Why would another scum not move? Why would Dusk specifically not move, missing one of the two chances at getting a potential arsonist?

I guess the easiest solutions here were only Wee was there to change votes or... scum couldn't. If kitsunelaine is scum, then they simply can't swing the vote the other way. Wee may have been trying to get some heat off her (since Wee would flip the next day if they missed the arsonist) but the votes went out of control. She couldn't switch to acohrs immediately because it would look suspicious so soon after voting for kitsunelaine. However, Wee had to try to right the ship at the last moment because the game would be over if they lynched kitsunelaine. A chance is better than no chance.

It's not ironclad... but I voted for Cewyn with less.

If I'm wrong and I die tonight, then I have had creeping suspicions around Blarg. I fear that he is a scum cop (alias Bad Cop) possibly covering for franconp (suspected alias Mafia Goon). In addition: I think that whatever side melon is on, Blarg is not. I would rather see Blarg lynched to check this if it comes down to it.

Why would Blarg cover me? And if that's the case why would he keeps changing my role and his results all the time? If he was covering for me he would keep his story straight so he doesn't raise suspicious on us. But he keep changing it.

So, that's a tie. Let's see if people actually get interested in the game.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Why would Blarg cover me? And if that's the case why would he keeps changing my role and his results all the time? If he was covering for me he would keep his story straight so he doesn't raise suspicious on us. But he keep changing it.

You're asking me why Blarg would do the things he does? It's an unfortunate side effect of him claiming you as town while also dropping that hint that maybe you were a mafia goon. It's a good way to distance himself later and say "I told you he was a goon" whilst remaining non-committal. He used knowledge of my role as a "third read", what's to say he couldn't use a known mafia as a "second read" even earlier than that?

This is totally dependent on Blarg flipping scum, by the by. If he flips town somehow then I have no reason to doubt anything he says about you.

Kalor

I'm fine with kitsune being the other choice. I think they're less likely to be scum but we can afford mislynchs at this point. Unless there's two scum, which is unlikely.

Kitsunelaine has died

You are vanilla Town.

You have no special powers except to vote during the day.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Night Ends:
bla_1500152400.png

As usual, all actions are due 1 hour before the deadline.

Fat4all has died

You are a Motion Detector. You are aligned with Town.

At night you may investigate a player to learn if they acted or were visited by another player during the night.

PM me the command Detect: [Player] during the night phase.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Day 6 Begins

Day Ends:
bla_1500325200.png

Majority is 4

Oh hey look, I was right about kitsune.

My top suspects: Melonrabbit, Blarg, rac.

In that order.

Blarg is who I am going to vote for today if not Melonrabbit.

Why? Because Blarg has consistently lied to town.

Blarg "cleared" a few players he knew were town with his "role cop" ability, but in actuality he is scum.

Oh but what if Blarg cleared a town player with a PR by saying they were vanilla? Easy. He just does his Blarg thing where he says he lied for the sake of town or refuses to give any reason at all.

Him claiming 2 shot is a convenient reason for him to not be night killed.

If Melonrabbit isn't scum, Blarg is.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
I'm for a Blarg lynch or melon lynch today. The x-shot power link to mafia could be a thing, and having either of them flip will at least set my mind at ease on that front.

A Blarg lynch would also confirm franconp, which is more than can be said for most other options...

I invited Fat last night to get out of the way of his ability, not that it matters.

6) NeckToChicken [m] (new)
12) rac [m]
13) franconp [m]
15) melonrabbit [f]
16) Blargonaut [m]
17) Kalor [m]
18) CornBurrito [m]

7 players left.

Assuming only 1 scum left, we have leeway to lynch another person. It is 6 v 1.

We lynch wrong (Blarg) and get a town member night killed. It goes to 4 v 1.

But lynching Blarg to clear franconp is dumb because scum would just kill franco.

And we're going to lose if we mislynch if 2 scum are left.

Melon is safer bet.

franconp

6) NeckToChicken [m] (new)
12) rac [m]
13) franconp [m]
15) melonrabbit [f]
16) Blargonaut [m]
17) Kalor [m]
18) CornBurrito [m]

7 players left.

Assuming only 1 scum left, we have leeway to lynch another person. It is 6 v 1.

We lynch wrong (Blarg) and get a town member night killed. It goes to 4 v 1.

But lynching Blarg to clear franconp is dumb because scum would just kill franco.

And we're going to lose if we mislynch if 2 scum are left.

Melon is safer bet.

I'm leaning too between Melon and Blarg. But I think both of them can be voted today. Melon isn't a sefer bet.

Also we don't lose if we mislynch today. We would be in Lylo.

Kalor

I'm not surprised by how kitsune flipped. I'm still interested in lynching melon today. After that I'm not sure yet. Maybe blarg.

absolute geniuses Yesterday voted out kits on no basis whatsoever AND in light of far superior scumtells from other players INCLUDING myself

hX1pq4f.gif

absolutely sublime gameplay would pay for again

absolute geniuses Yesterday voted out kits on no basis whatsoever AND in light of far superior scumtells from other players INCLUDING myself

hX1pq4f.gif

absolutely sublime gameplay would pay for again

Glad you had fun at least.

Apparently I'm the safest bet around these parts. You know, for CB.

Top Bottom