• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestling fans....how will Vince be remembered? (He isn't dead)

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
-X0t_VTF.jpg

with all the controversy and question marks of his past

the question I wanted to ask you

did he contribute to wrestling? did he innovate, did he do alot to have his name forever recognized as a pioneer?

DiscoJer

RIP, I guess.

Personally, he kinda killed wrestling for me. We had local wrestling here in St. Louis, run largely by Harley Race. But he and the WWF pretty much killed it off.

FMbarbarian

The guy made billions of dollars on a circus act. As much as it sucks that he killed the territories. He brought wrestling to a larger stage in the US.

Heath V

My heart just sank, I read the thread title and thought that he had passed away. This man is an absolute genius and has pioneered many many things over the years. WWF was my childhood. He will be remembered for the Visionary that he was and is.

T.v

Oof, scared me for a moment.

Good or bad, wrestling would not have been where it is today, or was during it's peak, without Vince. The man has a commendable drive, and obviously lives for the business. I have some issues with the current state of the product, but in how far these can be attributed to Vince is not sonething I'm going to speculate on.

Soltype

Is he still calling all the shots?The current product is very disjointed and jarring, even at its worst the brand had still a cohesive flair to it.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
do you guys think it was something that anyone could of done

or was vince the only guy that could of done it?

MC Safety

Vince is a guy who was made to dress in a powder-blue tuxedo by his old man.

What follows is a logical extension of the humiliation that was forced upon him.

Top Bottom