• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars film Marathon before The Last Jedi

Alright so I bought my tickets for the Last Jedi day 1 for Thursday's showing but this morning I won tickets via radio show for all 7 films + the Last Jedi movie marathon. That's a 23 hour event!

I know GAF has been to these marathons before, how do you survive this? Downside is the theater doesn't have recline seats. It's El Capitan in Hollywood.

I know there's only 10 Gaffers left (j/k) but if you have any advice on movie theater marathons feel free to share.

Should I bring a pillow? Neck pillow?
Don't worry, I always wear deodorant.

BibiMaghoo

I've never been to one, but I would imagine that would somewhat damage your experience of the new film if you were falling asleep ass numb watching it at the end. I would probably only show up for the first film in the new saga.

My advice would be sleep during the prequel trilogy.

Bolivar687

Banned
That sounds insane, is it really 23 hours straight? How do you get proper sleep, hygiene, and nutrition at a movie theatre?

That sounds insane, is it really 23 hours straight? How do you get proper sleep, hygiene, and nutrition at a movie theatre?

That's what I'm saying. I'm just happy I won the tickets along with a copy of battlefront 2 for Xbox one and other stuff.

I shouldn't have sold my tickets with recline seats so soon -_-

I'll tell my gf we'll be skipping the prequels.

llien

I miss times when I'd feel itch to do something like that, OP!

Jar Jar is the key to all this. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Haha, ahaha, ha... doh...
On the other hand, I also hate Chewie, when he opens his mouth.

wondermega

Wow! I remember they were also doing this when Avengers 2 came out... Showing all the Marvel movies in proper timeline order leading up to it. Argh can you imagine doing that now, it would take up a solid couple of days (at least?)

This stuff does make sense for things like Marvel/Star Wars as I imagine there is a certain contingent of people who'd regularly watch all these films in order just at home anyway. The same people who binge watch seasons of things back to back (there must be such a beast!) I can not imagine it myself, I think I've watched 2 movies back to back of ANYTHING in my life, maybe like 3 or 4 times in my adult life.. It was fun, but I really couldn't take it without years in between. So if that's you, good on you :) I'm sure I remember that there was a gaf topic about the Marvel marathon, could probably search for that at least.

I think I did read the one gaffer who did the Avengers marathon. He slept in his car skipping certain films.

I've attempted a full Lord of the Rings Trilogy marathon and never make it through without falling asleep.

Is it assigned seating or first comes first served?

I would have at least checked seating allocation before selling...the marathon seems like more trouble than its worth really, a cool idea but you will be a zombie after two movies and might ruin your experience.

Is it assigned seating or first comes first served?

I would have at least checked seating allocation before selling...the marathon seems like more trouble than its worth really, a cool idea but you will be a zombie after two movies and might ruin your experience.

Yeah it's assigned seating thankfully.
I did think about what you said on waiting to see what seat location I got before selling my other tickets but I had a coworker eager to buy my previously purchased tickets ASAP so we'll just have to see.

Before the Force Awakens came out, I watched one Star Wars movie a month to hype myself up. This time I only rewatched one of them lol.

bevishead

Neo Member
Sound like a good way to get burned out. I did a rewatch of all the star wars movies before and after rouge one. I'm good.

BANGS

Banned
Just rewatch them all at home at your leisure. An actual marathon like that is just a gimmick that can only destroy your experience rather than enhance it...

Just rewatch them all at home at your leisure. An actual marathon like that is just a gimmick that can only destroy your experience rather than enhance it...

I totally would do this if Disney didn't lock star wars and select Disney movies from being rented via streaming sources.

If I got free tickets I might do it. I'm doing my own "marathon" one a day ending with Force Awakens Friday.

Definitely bring pillows and healthy food/ snacks if you don't want to feel like total shit by the time ep. 8 shows. Skipping prequels is a good idea because I can't imagine watching all 8

MC Safety

I think I did read the one gaffer who did the Avengers marathon. He slept in his car skipping certain films.

I've attempted a full Lord of the Rings Trilogy marathon and never make it through without falling asleep.

I did the Captain America marathon. As I recall, it was three Captain America movies and two Avengers movies.

Honestly, it's not worth it to sit through all those movies back to back. At some point it stops being entertainment and becomes more of a test of endurance.

I don't have any helpful tips for you. I've seen the Star Wars films a bunch of times, and wouldn't put myself through a marathon session. I'd rather see the new film wide awake than half-insane after 20-plus hours of staring at a screen.

Top Bottom