• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 SPOILER Thread: No Bars Among Us

Hystzen

Whats point having Damien as Robin just to shove him as Nightwing in story mode. Why not just keep Nightwing character instead of having Robin on roster

Q8D3vil

Am I the only one who feel happy for Bat, especially after his allies and his adopted family were killed one by one by the regime leading up to the first game. I feel that he finally have a team that can actually stand a chance vs Superman Team.
With regards to Scarecrow, I got the impression that Crane was still dead, and that this was a new Scarecrow whose identity is still unknown, per this intro.
Your right, good things they stuck to the comic canon on that one then.

I loved scarecrows arcade ending. The idea of a flying skull ship constantly emitting fear gas and capturing worlds in order to trap them into a nightmare is awesome.

That's the thing he's not doing it to "control the world." He's doing it as a misguided attempt to create peace and eliminate the possibility of what happened occurring again. The bad guys in these stories often don't set out to be monsters. Again you're coming at it from a very black and white approach. Batman is ruled by anger and fear by the way. Anger about his parents and now the fear of losing the people close to him he's put in the crossfire. He's absolutely able to form relationships but he remains very guarded and protective due to his past.

I understand what youre saying, but i still just cant believe it. To me, theyd have to completely re-write the characters and their upbringings in order for some of the stuff to really make sense. I feel like they write shit just to write shit even though it doesnt really make sense for how the characters were raised. But thats me.

Like the characters were written a certain way all those years ago, and they just change their adult decisions without changing anything about their passed. To me that doesnt make sense. Like in Red sun was it? Superman ends up raised in Russia somewhere but his name is still Clark? lol okay... Thats the shit that bothers me.

CryptiK

Wait, what? I thought they kept that story line (because they've explicitly stated that the new comic is a canonical prequel, and is also how Green Arrow is here) but in the game the Lords of Order commanded him to correct fate afterwards as it was a mistake. It was Kent who decided to bring them over, but as he even says in the game the Lords of Order are taking over and he was wrong for saving her. Both Tom Taylor and Boon said the Injustice 2 prequel comic is canon and the story mode didn't change that aspect (although they fucked up Scarecrow).

I don't think this is much as a retcon as it is disjointed story telling. Don't get me wrong, I love the story mode but characters came and went with little explanation, plot points were started but not finished. I honestly though Harley Quinn did die lol.

Edit: also remember that if I2 is anything like I1 comics then the story will continue past the end of this game.
Doctor Fate brought them over for Batman both Kent and Fate in the comic. In the game hes like "You made a mistake joining Batman!"

He brought them to Batman to join him lol.

Doctor Fate brought them over for Batman both Kent and Fate in the comic. In the game hes like "You made a mistake joining Batman!"

He brought them to Batman to join him lol.

He brought them to join Batman to rebuild the world. Then Braniac shows up, he realizes the world is doomed, and he wants to take them away again. It's not against comic canon at all, just not conveyed very well within the game.

arlucool

I think if they scale back the scope and reach of the history, focusing on one fulfilling plot, would work best for them. I don't think it would be overly terrible if characters like Bane, Scarecrow, Swamp Thing, Cheetah, Reverse Flash, Black Adam, Firestorm, etc. were "background" scenery in favor of a more focused plot, instead of being all over the place.

aly

Whats point having Damien as Robin just to shove him as Nightwing in story mode. Why not just keep Nightwing character instead of having Robin on roster

Im really annoyed that the did'nt use him better. It's also super pointless because if they wanted Damian Robin so bad, then why do this and also take away the more popular Dick Nightwing?

EulaCapra

"Batman! Batman! Batman!" -- Jan Brady

Totally thought Supergirl would have the climactic battle like MKX's Cassie Cage. I'm all for Batman for exposing himself
sexually
, but it would be nice to have a medium where DC pushes Batman into a more supporting role when in an ensemble.

NeonZ

But the guy who doesnt remember his parents dying, is raised as a really good person always looking out for people, has both of his adoptive parents there for him most his life, and hes the one that loses his shit and kills people to become a tyrant? Does not compute.

I know they wanna make superman more interesting but man, this is not believable at all.

In the comics, there's some set up regarding how even when he was an hero, this Superman's motivation was actually fear of loss, like when a red cape he had as a child got taken away by a dog.

In addition to the Joker event from the game, the comics also had the government working with villains to kidnap his parents in order to keep him under control - and Batman, although not helping them actively, knew about the whole plot. That all resulted in Superman becoming more proactive in order to avoid further losses, distancing himself from others, and seeing the government as an enemy, and it just got worse and worse from there.

DrBo42

"Batman! Batman! Batman!" -- Jan Brady

Totally thought Supergirl would have the climactic battle like MKX's Cassie Cage. I'm all for Batman for exposing himself
sexually
, but it would be nice to have a medium where DC pushes Batman into a more supporting role when in an ensemble.
You trying to make a liar out of me, Eula? I said NO bars among us.

I'll at least give them credit for not attempting to redeem Superman. They definitely should have handled Kara's story better though. They could have muddied the waters a bit instead of making her turn against Superman so obvious and straightforward. End the game with her choosing a side and setting her up as the main protagonist in 3.

Ultimately I think their desire to rotate characters around in the story mode is going to stop them for telling a strong narrative. Not enough time with each individual character to establish anything. Instead you get 4 fights, maybe a tiny bit of character exposition, and then move on to the next piece of the overarching plot.

Renekton

Man the writers have a huge boner for Batman. Can do no wrong, solos Superman/Aquaman/WW easily, has the best intentions, etc. Toss in an unearned Damian (who sounds and acts like Jason) 180° just to give him extra brood factor.

DrBo42

Does he still munch this stuff or he started using Stark Tech for his armor? It doesn't seem like the story mode bothered to explain the strength parity this time.

That Superman punch he takes at the end threw me. It's not Dark Knight Returns/BvS armor where he's encased. He's just wearing a batsuit with some kryptonite in it.

Renekton

That Superman punch he takes at the end threw me. It's not Dark Knight Returns/BvS armor where he's encased. He's just wearing a batsuit with some kryptonite in it.
He easily crushed WW (pre-regime) straight up and Aquaman too.

In regular comic canon, does Batman beat WW without gimmicks so easily?

NeonZ

Only way it's canon is if literally 5 seconds after the game ends he breaks free of the brainwashing. Due to his immense mental fortitude of course. He then punches Supes in the balls and escapes with Kara. Injustice 3 begins.

I could see a plot about some resistance attempting to free Batman in order to stop Superman. It'd have more potential than just Superman escaping again and recovering his powers with the pills, if they still want to stick with this universe for a third game.

Astral Dog

Man the writers have a huge boner for Batman. Can do no wrong, solos Superman/Aquaman/WW easily, has the best intentions, etc. Toss in an unearned Damian (who sounds and acts like Jason) 180° just to give him extra brood factor.
Everybody has a huge boner for Batman

Astral Dog

Even in an alternate universe storyline, Bruce letting Harley operate Brother Eye is the stupidest thing imaginable.
Everybody uses it. Why Catwoman? :/

Im just have to get used to their JL movies were anyone knows everybody and everybody is a super genius

Da-Kid

They literally justified Joker being in the game just because Harley got gassed with fear toxin. That's just stupid. As stupid as them making it where Shazam apparently isn't powered up in the first game allowing Sup to kill him... but in his intro he's literally a kid turning into Shazam...

I've never been so frustrated with a game in my life. Im doing tutorial. Says I need to use wall run into divekick environmental action. "RB or x+y immediately after wall run". The only way to execute a wall run is by RB.. so how the hell do I finish this mission. I've spent the last 2 hours wanting to smash my Xbox.. any help please..

aly

Actually the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. Why does NR have such a hate boner for Nightwing? There is no goddamn reason fro Joker to be there or for Harley or Catwoman to have the trust that they do. Harley has done worst things than Damian ffs.

Renekton

Actually the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. Why does NR have such a hate boner for Nightwing? There is no goddamn reason fro Joker to be there or for Harley or Catwoman to have the trust that they do. Harley has done worst things than Damian ffs.
Damian using the Nightwing title was awkward and confusing for casual DC fans I imagine, since he stayed Robin in other popular media.

If you mean Dickwing I'm glad Dick sat out because he'd be sacrificed to the altar of Batman.

LeonSPBR

What was the secret mission firestorm was sent but then got brainwashed

Create the knife that Batman uses against Superman in the fight.

Also people forget that everyone took that pill that makes everyone stronger (a pill that gives strength on par with Superman). And in the end Bat's has a kryptonite suit to weaken Superman. That's how he fight/beat Superman in the final fight.

Garlador

I've never been so frustrated with a game in my life. Im doing tutorial. Says I need to use wall run into divekick environmental action. "RB or x+y immediately after wall run". The only way to execute a wall run is by RB.. so how the hell do I finish this mission. I've spent the last 2 hours wanting to smash my Xbox.. any help please..
That doesn't sound right to me. I don't recall ever having any moment ever that gave me serious trouble in the tutorials.

aly

Damian using the Nightwing title was awkward and confusing for casual DC fans I imagine, since he stayed Robin in other popular media.

If you mean Dickwing I'm glad Dick sat out because he'd be sacrificed to the altar of Batman.

It also doesn't help that they write Damian as the most annoying version in the world. So even if Dick would've been sacrificed to the altar of King Batman I would've still preferred being able to play as him as Nightwing instead of Damian as Nightwing/Robin. Especially since Damian fills up the roster as Robin anyway.

Renekton

Also people forget that everyone took that pill that makes everyone stronger (a pill that gives strength on par with Superman). And in the end Bat's has a kryptonite suit to weaken Superman.
Why would Superman need special containment 😐 dude's no more dangerous than Harley with that pill and free mats from Firestorm

Also people forget that everyone took that pill that makes everyone stronger (a pill that gives strength on par with Superman). And in the end Bat's has a kryptonite suit to weaken Superman. That's how he fight/beat Superman in the final fight.

I don't think anyone in I2 took the pills. Every fight with Superman has him depowered somehow, and they don't put people like Harley up against WW (and when that does happen, she drops quick).

Reszo

One thing that threw me off at the beginning is when Damian killed zsasz in front of Batman. But in the comics He killed zsasz when he was with the regime with the help of sinestro turning the prison lights out, because zsasz killed Alfred.

And WTF was up with Dr Fate

Krixeus

So why didn't Batman imprison Supes in the Phantom Zone in the first game? Surely that would have been better than locking him up in a cell with an artificial red sun in it?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So why didn't Batman imprison Supes in the Phantom Zone in the first game? Surely that would have been better than locking him up in a cell with an artificial red sun in it?

He still had some hope that he'd be able to recover his old self.

So, comic people who are the Lords of Order? I felt Fate was laying it on kinda thick, all but saying "Ya'll need to get ya'll shit together, before they have to come down here".

AlStrong

I thought they were going somewhere with Red Hal. If they decide on the Batman ending, I guess they could make red lantern supes. :p

Maybe Darkseid will be the next villain?

Don't understand why WW is angry all the time.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That red lantern bit feels completely out of place and random in regards to the rest of the story. Must be a seed for the sequel's story, like all the alluding to Darkseid.

Krixeus

Is it explained anywhere what exactly Hal went through to get the Green Ring back? He mentioned it a few times in the story, but I still find it a bit hard to believe the Guardians would simply let trust him again given that he fell into the Sinestro Corps in the first game.

Is it explained anywhere what exactly Hal went through to get the Green Ring back? He mentioned it a few times in the story, but I still find it a bit hard to believe the Guardians would simply let trust him again given that he fell into the Sinestro Corps in the first game.

It's probably something they'll go into in the comics. There's a few things it seems like they deliberately left vague so the comic had room to fill things in, like Supergirl falling in with WW and Black Adam.

Why didn't Braniac have Firestorm create Krypronite like he did earlier in the game?
How did Blue Beetle, Firestorm, and Swamp Thang get caught by Braniac in the first place?
Why was Atrocitous even here?
Why did Wonder Woman fly face first into Cheetah's shot like an idiot?
Why is Wonder Woman just plain terrible?
Why didn't Cyborg Boom Tube the Skull Ship to another dimension?
Why was Cyborg just plain terrible?
Why was Aquaman's reason for fighting Batman at the end so stupid?
Why didn't Grodd read Catwoman's mind to find that she was the mole?
Why does Reverse Flash say he can't travel through time, but then travels through time when he does his ultimate on me?

I can't think of anymore questions.

Anyway, the story didn't really impress me. I honestly disliked a majority of the characters in the game. I hope for a more traditional Justice League outing for the next game. Take us back to Prime Earth and give us some actual likable heroes.

Man the non story thread people love the story come to the spoiler thread all hell breaks loose lol

But I do agree with points here, especially with Supergirl ending... Suoermsn even says "after this is done you choose to be with me or against me"

And some chars like Swamp and Atros where just there because reasons.

I disagree on Fate though, he felt apart of the story and was more than likely holding back as the person under the mask doesn't agree.

Plus he left us to a huge Cliff hanger he said something along the lines off "You must still together or you will see something wirstvthsn Braniac". Then just when he was about to say what he gets killed. I'm suprised I see nobody mention this

Espada

It's obviously set up for Darkseid, because if there's a thread more severe than an Evil Superman or Braniac, it's Darkseid and all the forces of PockyLips coming your way.

Or they could go in another direction and have Wonder Woman as the villain in the next game. She is like Grodd in this, just full on evil.

Plus he left us to a huge Cliff hanger he said something along the lines off "You must still together or you will see something wirstvthsn Braniac". Then just when he was about to say what he gets killed. I'm suprised I see nobody mention this

I forgot all about it honestly thanks to the climax.

It was an interesting little thing. I'm curious though if it's going to be revealed in Injustice 3 or if we're going to have a small story DLC.

Top Bottom