• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Team Urgently Recruiting, Here’s A Message From Key Staff

ffvorax

Nomura working on a game -> I expect it to take a decade at least to be released... quality is just an excuse, this could be FFXV again...

Kain

They've probably spent the last three years writing the script and doing storyboards. It's not like they have anything to start with!

Philippo

People keeps going crazy for nothing, they are recruiting a few people. And the wording is what it is because its a recruitment ad, nothing that stands out imho.

This tells us nothing about the state of developement of the game.

Neonep

LOL! Wow. Fucking Square Enix! I feel so sorry for everybody looking forward to this and KH3. I'm so sorry. This is completely out of pocket, you would think they would know better by now.

Lucreto

"development progress phase" could mean absolutely anything, it could mean the stage before bug busting for all we know.

We also don't know how they are developing the game. Are they working on each part individually or designing the game as one big one and breaking it up into parts?

We know that they decided on where each game will end two years ago.

I am still expecting part one this year since you can buy the Kai Arts Cloud and Barrett figures already and the fact they are already recording the VA for Cloud.

Neonep

People keeps going crazy for nothing, they are recruiting a few people. And the wording is what it is because its a recruitment ad, nothing that stands out imho.

Wrong... It's actually the opposite. You don't openly recruit people for a project that is even remotely close to being finished. I think this game is coming out earliest 2019 and that is being generous.

I truly don't mean to come off as dismissive or condescending, but as someone that does not play KH or FF, I cannot understand why these teams cannot make a game in a reasonable amount of time.

Is it that they announce things way too early in advance? Is it that they have an unlimited budget and end up rebooting games multiple times because of a perfectionist in a leadership role?

Maybe it's not really an issue, but this seems nuts.

And this game will still sell millions allowing them to continue doing this.

Did you read the OP at all?

Neonep

"development progress phase" could mean absolutely anything, it could mean the stage before bug busting for all we know.

We also don't know how they are developing the game. Are they working on each part individually or designing the game as one big one and breaking it up into parts?

We know that they decided on where each game will end two years ago.

I am still expecting part one this year since you can buy the Kai Arts Cloud and Barrett figures already and the fact they are already recording the VA for Cloud.

How on God's beautiful green earth do you have that type of faith/confidence especially given how Square Enix has handled these games over the past decade?

Lynx_7

Man, Nomura is such an efficient director. He always takes a lot of time polishing them up, but you can't deny the quality of his products. One of the best pre-rendered trailer directors in the industry, for sure! What will he cook up for this E3?

Man, Nomura is such an efficient director. He always takes a lot of time polishing them up, but you can't deny the quality of his products. One of the best pre-rendered trailer directors in the industry, for sure! What will he cook up for this E3?

The Bouncer 2.

Neonep

I truly don't mean to come off as dismissive or condescending, but as someone that does not play KH or FF, I cannot understand why these teams cannot make a game in a reasonable amount of time.

Is it that they announce things way too early in advance? Is it that they have an unlimited budget and end up rebooting games multiple times because of a perfectionist in a leadership role?

Maybe it's not really an issue, but this seems nuts.
This is exactly the problem. I remember when they announced who the director of the game was, he didn't even know he was on the game. They seem to announce games immediately after they are initially green lit.

Philippo

Wrong... It's actually the opposite. You don't openly recruit people for a project that is even remotely close to being finished. I think this game is coming out earliest 2019 and that is being generous.

Did you read the OP at all?

Recruit what, less than 10 people?
They were searching for XV even in 2015-2016.

It's not like there's written they're recruiting for a whole studio. People quits, get reshuffled in other projects, all the time. Plus, the bulk of developement is done by CC2 (and other external studios iirc), right?
Hell, for what we know this might be for Remake Episode 2.

Lynx_7

The Bouncer 2.

Can't wait to see what magnificent cinematics he can envision for this. If there's one thing I specially like about his body of work, is that his trailers always tell stories that you can kinda piece up together and imagine what it'd be like to turn them into actual games. Maybe someday!

MilkBeard

Yeah. We literally had the same thread a day ago with the same reactions, and then people realizing (when mods stepped in to bring sense) that hiring in the midst of development is nothing out of the ordinary for AAA game development.

This was proven untrue in the last thread.

DKHF

This is exactly the problem. I remember when they announced who the director of the game was, he didn't even know he was on the game. They seem to announce games immediately after they are initially green lit.
For fuck's sake, this is not true at all. He was well aware he is director when it was announced. Because of GameSpot's clickbait headline this misconception spread around. He was only surprised seeing an internal presentation saying he was director in the early days of the project.

Lucreto

They are only recruiting 10 people. They could be recruiting help get the game out later this year.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I wish this was a less ambitious upgrade. I'd be thrilled with better models, backgrounds, cut scenes, and music. I think the wild expectations for the remake will make this unsatisfying to most and very late. I'd be surprised if Square still has what it takes to do this timely and well.

Neonep

Seems like Japanese developers have two gears

Either Sakurai: "I haven't taken a day off in three years and I used this keyboard and mouse so much my hands are permanently stuck in this position", or Nomura "I've been working on this game for 5 years and all I have to show for it is this Joker action figure"

This gets two thumbs up. Hilarious.

Did they ever say that Fall of 2017 was a goal for release or is that something that was never said?

I remember reading about the progress last year and they seemed rather far along on the first episode, but maybe I misread that.

oSoLucky

When a game is announced, you don't have to stay at 100% hype for it the whole development time, and the publishers don't expect you to. That's what marketing is for. Just let games fall off your radar while you're playing things that are actually out and you'll probably be a lot less angry about the whole situation. At the end of the day the game will release at the same time no matter when the announcement happens.

Also, this "I don't trust current developer(most commonly used with Square) to make this game right" is complete and utter bullshit of a statement.

Jotakori

I'm on team willing to wait, so this news doesn't bother me regardless of what it really means. I like Nomura's flair, and was really disappointed with how unfinished XV felt to me so in my book, they can take as much time as they need.

DKHF

Why are they looking for a battle planner? Shouldn't that spot already been filled?
There is more than one battle planner on Square games. They could be just hiring another one now if they're in a critical part of the game's development involving the battles. We also might already know one of this game's battle planners, Mitsunori Takahashi who was lead battle planner on KH2 is confirmed to be working on the battle system with Nomura for this game.

large.jpg

Neonep

Did they ever explain why they decided to break the game up into multiple games? That still sounds like a bad idea given how they struggle to get games out.

Easiest way to fix this is to cancel it on everything but the Nintendo Switch and ask Nintendo to help with the development.

I'm only partially joking. I mean, that got us Bayonetta 2. Maybe.... it would be for the best. Also, Amiibo support in a Final Fantasy title.

Top Bottom