• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Man I know you're able to play with players one division above and below you... But if you're duoing with a Plat and you're in Gold, it shouldn't place them in a match against Silver and Golds.

Like I think it's legit unfair to me that I had to play against a Plat 5 Cho in my Promos into Gold.

Like that's unfair.

preach

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually love Rakan as a champion. It's so weird to see them releasing fair and balanced champions like Xayah and Rakan, and then see the same designers okay shit like Ivern.
different designers worked on xayah, rakan and ivern afaik

Every game? No but it happens more than enough. And i'm not new to LoL, i have played on and off since 2011. It's just that i have never trying to climb in ranked because every time i have had a bad time, just like now.

And i've already decided to fuck out of this game again anyway since i'm not having fun. Point of playing games if having a fun pastime imo and since i'm currently am not i have better things to do.

And also i haven't said everyone else sucks but me if you've read what i've written. But like i said, when people die alot early in lane on the teams i end up on there are not much i can do when i am in bot lane trying to supp the adc.

But again i'm now out of this game i just said my $0.05
problem with ur 5c is that instead of saying hey i don't like this game that's why i'm quitting, which is fair, you're saying league is unfair, and specifically to you, which is incorrect

game is not unfair, you're unwilling to look past your excuses and into the real problems that are bringing you those losses

not once have you asked for advice or help, when like 90% of the people here are support mains that would've been happy to give it

so yeah you just quit on your own (which again, is perfectly fine and in fact sounds like the best idea for you), so don't blame league for ur own problems

Man I know you're able to play with players one division above and below you... But if you're duoing with a Plat and you're in Gold, it shouldn't place them in a match against Silver and Golds.

Like I think it's legit unfair to me that I had to play against a Plat 5 Cho in my Promos into Gold.

Like that's unfair.
ranking is not mmr

that player might have plat 5 ranking but gold 2 mmr, while you are s1 ranking but have gold 4 mmr

gold 4 vs gold 2 is not unfair, hence why you're matched together

you also get more lp if you win against opponents better ranked than you

matchmaking can't be unfair because:
- if you're matched against higher ranked opponents and you win, you get more lp and your mmr rises, so you rise through the ranks faster (i skipped most of my gold promos thanks to high mmr for instance)
- if you lose against higher ranked opponents then your mmr will lower until it reaches your level. in the meantime, your lp losses will be lower than if you were playing against people of your own ranking

this is generally speaking, matchmaking is programming and like every piece of code it can goof

Like that's unfair.

b0390ddd22a6aaf302cea96fb26eda02.png

zkylon

zkylewd
also isn't 2c, not 5c???

Yeah, but I'm sure there's like a senior designer that gives every champion released the seal of approval.
afaik that's not how it works

i'm sure ghostcrawler and morello look at champion designs and give feedback but probably not approve them specifically like that

in any case, the selection of chapmions you made is pretty weird since rakan, xayah and ivern are really different degrees of success/failure for really different reasons

i think ivern is just the result of a really experimental kit design, and so i'm not too hard on it even if i agree that it's really unfun to play against. xayah is kind of the opposite, they made an adc-ass adc with very little that's special. finally rakan is pretty much one of the best champion riot has released in a while, with a really solid and fun kit, that carved himself a unique niche within supports without being completely unique or unapprocheable

so idk, saying how can ghostcrawler approve xayah and also ivern is weird, they were clearly aiming for different things and if league designed every champion to be the same style and without the ambition of breaking some rules then i think league would be a lot less interesting

ivern probably needs big changes, no denying that, but i love every time riot tries weird ass shit. you need a bit of ivern and a bit of xayah to make league

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Xayah feels pretty unique to me. Watching feather stacks on the ground, invulnerability ult as the only positioning tool, special synergy with a support. There are times when she is a good pick because of the niches she specifically fills, and her teamfight damage can really get wild. Even while ER kind of blows she is still okay, which says a lot.

zkylon

zkylewd
Xh8bFqf.png

i think my favorite storyline is getting solo killed twice by yasuo despite my jungler camping for me and giving me first blood and everything, then getting 100% carried by my team

they get so mad lol, going like "ez mid", enemy team asking for 9x report and shit lol

honestly feels better than if i had legit beat him

killatopak

Gold Member
got too busy playing other games that I didn't notice lethality became op again.

I think this will motivate me to play more. I literally had 30-40% win rate on riven, my main. Of course my other champions have 60-70% win rate so I still kept even but I want to play my main more.

I heard chogath is becoming meta through the popularity of lethality. Tanky champions are making a comeback so that would dampen things a bit. I'll abuse him for once and finally get to use my gentleman skin muahaha.

There is a lead champion designer that works close with every champion designer while they're working on one. Scruffy (Sion designer) is the lead in question. They'll likely also have help from Meddler, who's the overall lead designer on League.

People don't just make whatever the fuck they want and release it. They'll go through a lot of scrutiny from colleagues to ensure it's right. Ivern's a great example of bringing true support to the jungle. I'm sure he can be frustrating to play against but I personally don't think he's as frustrating as others let on.

Uh, is drophacking still a thing?

I was maybe 5 minutes into an ARAM game when I got disconnected. I thought it was my ISP but I could ping oce.leagueoflegends.com fine. I tried to disconnect then reconnect but there was no prompt to reconnect. I could queue, and I even started and got into a custom game. Nothing on match history, op.gg says I'm not in any game. It's like the game didn't exist.

Edit: I'm in a lobby and it just says I can't reroll, even if I still have one.

23qwerty

Uh, is drophacking still a thing?

I was maybe 5 minutes into an ARAM game when I got disconnected. I thought it was my ISP but I could ping oce.leagueoflegends.com fine. I tried to disconnect then reconnect but there was no prompt to reconnect. I could queue, and I even started and got into a custom game. Nothing on match history, op.gg says I'm not in any game. It's like the game didn't exist.

Edit: I'm in a lobby and it just says I can't reroll, even if I still have one.

Unless someone on the other team somehow manages to get your IP through some magic means I wouldn't worry about 'drophacking'
more likely it was just a glitch with the server or your isp

faridmon

OK, I need help guys

I have climbed to Silver and thought it would be good idea to focus on few champs and learn their ins and outs.

I am bloody struggling with Thresh.

In Bronze it was fine and dandy, I would peel when the situations call for, I would roam and ward all of the map, and when it comes to laning, I would hook whoever is out of position, drag myself and get a flash/or a huge chunk of HP

Now I am watching higher Thresh plays and I am trying to do some of them and I am struggling. Especially going closer to an opponent W and R then, I honestly can't do it.

I am also perplexed how a Q and and an E can be pulled back into the ult, I tried this and they all fall short

Any advice would be appreciated or if any one want duo bot let me know

Soulblighterr

Neo Member
Quality first forum post incoming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tumblr_nwjdqiVpQP1s2f367o1_540.png

tumblr_nwjdqiVpQP1s2f367o2_540.png

I'm getting shit for ping on EUW so, I'm stuck on garena for a while. If anyone is masochist enough to play pre-30 matches hit me up - SoulBlighterr.

faridmon

I'm shit for ping on EUW so, I'm stuck on garena for a while. If anyone is masochist enough to play pre-30 matches hit me up - SoulBlighterr.

Welcome and I am in if you are ok with EUW

My ping is terrible enough as it so I can't see myself playing in other servers anytime soon

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Someone make a list of the last 10 champions released and let's see if they're actually designed like shit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Someone make a list of the last 10 champions released and let's see if they're actually designed like shit.
you have phrased this very abrasively.................................
Personally I like all of these except Ivern. Illaoi is...a little cheesy. Kled I would like more if the W could be controlled.

faridmon

Personally I like all of them except the ones that has way too many kits in their arsenal, like Camille and Kindred, but they nerfed those two so they are ok

zkylon

zkylewd

Personally I like all of these except Ivern. Illaoi is...a little cheesy. Kled I would like more if the W could be controlled.

i think the two of those that have designs i 100% love are jhin and rakan

i love playing taliyah but i think her kit is kinda wonky

kayos90

I phrased it that way on purpose cuz none of them are probably shit. I wanted to give some users some perspective.

Newt

Not counting reworks:
Illaoi
Jhin
ASol
Taliyah
Kled
Ivern
Camille
Xayah
Rakan
Kayn
Honestly, most of the champs are really well designed. Kayn needs a few changes because his shadow assassin form is kinda worthless in every scenario. Ivern is a terrible champion and doesn't bring any value to the game. Even Nunu is a better designed champion than Ivern, and they fit into a similar niche.

I think Xayah overall is a good champion, but I think her kit needs some adjustments.

drawkcaB

ivern probably needs big changes, no denying that, but i love every time riot tries weird ass shit. you need a bit of ivern and a bit of xayah to make league

I'll deny it, easily. Ivern is fine. I can think of changes I'd like to see myself, but if they never change the kit I'd be almost as happy.

zkylon

zkylewd
my least favorite would be camille

camille feels really good to play but i really dislike her design because it's built around being really frustrating lol

kayn just feels like really useless atm so can't tell if he's a bad champion or he's just weak

I'll deny it, easily. Ivern is fine. I can think of changes I'd like to see myself, but if they never change the kit I'd be almost as happy.
yeah maybe "big changes" is a stretch

i still think his kit needs work tho. some stuff like the root feel really awkward in his kit for me

but i'll defend him more than most, i think he adds interesting stuff to the game, even if it's frustrating stuff

Calvero

Banned

tumblr_nwjdqiVpQP1s2f367o1_540.png

tumblr_nwjdqiVpQP1s2f367o2_540.png

I'm getting shit for ping on EUW so, I'm stuck on garena for a while. If anyone is masochist enough to play pre-30 matches hit me up - SoulBlighterr.

oh shit you finally got approved. i remember you in the euw lol gaf discord asking for help communicating with a mod

zkylon

zkylewd
idk i don't play doto lol

just like someone that doesn't want to play league and play something else i guess

i do appreciate u suddenly cropping up hehe

I've been here since swain is getting remastered hue

I don't play any mobas right now. mostly playing PUBG. I have thought about downloading League this week to atleast try Urgot. the size of it scares me tho

edit: have art by yours truly
1OyR9yt.jpg

Kalentan

Man they need to buff Garen's ult speed. In comparison to a lot of ults like it, it's way too slow. You die before you you finish the animation.

I actually tried a few more games even if i said i've given up. Being bored gives you that i guess?

But after 8 straight losses (10 or 11 overall) in ranked and trying out going top lane, no more ranked for me at all. 8 straight losses and demoted into Bronze II. I thought mmr worked in the way that the more you lose the "easier" it would be to get matched so you can win a game, but i guess not then.

I'll just go back to normal instead, atleast i win a little there sometimes.

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually tried a few more games even if i said i've given up. Being bored gives you that i guess?

But after 8 straight losses (10 or 11 overall) in ranked and trying out going top lane, no more ranked for me at all. 8 straight losses and demoted into Bronze II. I thought mmr worked in the way that the more you lose the "easier" it would be to get matched so you can win a game, but i guess not then.

I'll just go back to normal instead, atleast i win a little there sometimes.
nothing will make the game easier

if you lose a lot ur mmr will lower and you'll be matched against lower skilled opponents

that doesn't mean games will be easier as your mmr might still be higher than it should be (it takes a while for any mmr system to accurately pinpoint ur skill level) but also games are games and sometimes ppl just play better for a bunch of games in a row

like we've told u many times already, don't go into games with a defeatist attitude, try to understand how the matchmaking system works before freaking out and just try to learn. focus on being better at a single thing at a time: map awareness, warding, trading, teamfight positioning, skillshot accuracy, item builds, matchups, etc.

it's a tough game to get good at

nothing will make the game easier

if you lose a lot ur mmr will lower and you'll be matched against lower skilled opponents

that doesn't mean games will be easier as your mmr might still be higher than it should be (it takes a while for any mmr system to accurately pinpoint ur skill level) but also games are games and sometimes ppl just play better for a bunch of games in a row

like we've told u many times already, don't go into games with a defeatist attitude, try to understand how the matchmaking system works before freaking out and just try to learn. focus on being better at a single thing at a time: map awareness, warding, trading, teamfight positioning, skillshot accuracy, item builds, matchups, etc.

it's a tough game to get good at

I do but am constantly matched against better people than myself. I don't go into every game with a defeatist attitude tho. I just get pissed and salty after losing many games in a row. Not in the games but on here to vent some.
Especially when i tried out top lane, i got pretty much stomped and countered every game in lane. Could not do shit about it. Last game i tried top i was matched against Illoai and man what a fucking bullshit cunt champion. He could just free farm and i could barely be under turret.

what do u mean better than yourself lol

the highest ranked player in your last ranked game was silver 4. 2 division differences are almost meaningless that low.

kayos90

I do but am constantly matched against better people than myself. I don't go into every game with a defeatist attitude tho. I just get pissed and salty after losing many games in a row. Not in the games but on here to vent some.
Especially when i tried out top lane, i got pretty much stomped and countered every game in lane. Could not do shit about it. Last game i tried top i was matched against Illoai and man what a fucking bullshit cunt champion. He could just free farm and i could barely be under turret.

Honestly sounds like you need to do two things. One is to get some research done and figure out how to play your lane, learn the matchups, and understand what you are capable of. Secondly you need practice probably. You need to learn how to play the champs effectively and on the offset chance you get a crap matchup, learn how to deal with it. One thing goes wrong and you can't go full tilt and judging from what I'm reading you're not playing with the right attitude or have one overall.

EDIT: giving you full disclosure, if you're not receptive to any of the feedback you get from people seriously trying to help you then good luck getting wins.

what do u mean better than yourself lol

the highest ranked player in your last ranked game was silver 4. 2 division differences are almost meaningless that low.

I mean that they play better than i do. I'm not above that adimitting that i'm getting outplayed quite often. And that Silver 4 player likely has hundreds of mor games played than me.

Top Bottom