• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

We still don't know to what extent Mother Carmel had influence in the world (did she raise characters like Sakazuki?)

I wondered this too, but no, according to a promotional book given out when Film Z was released, Akainu and Kizaru are in their fifties (and Aokiji is in his forties), so Mother Carmel would have died before any of the known admirals were even born.

tumblr_os34deRn401uur287o5_500.gif

Veelk

Banned
Veelk: The loser couple of OP, Sanji and Pudding.

Though if Pudding is feeling Sanji, I don't see why, she's too good for him.

For real, Pudding is the single worst thing that Oda has ever done. Not because it's objectively the most flawed writing, but because it gave me hope.

And then crushed it in the worst way that was possible to do so.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The last two anime eps have been pretty good.

I like how despite being moral opposites, Judge and Sanji are similar in a lot of ways. The button down coat, the chin beard, the stubbornness in holding onto their dream, their complete rejection of others who don't agree with their moral compass - including family, their aerial fighting style, their dedication to their beliefs. He really is like an evil Sanji.

LotusHD

Banned
The last two anime eps have been pretty good.

I like how despite being moral opposites, Judge and Sanji are similar in a lot of ways. The button down coat, the chin beard, the stubbornness in holding onto their dream, their complete rejection of others who don't agree with their moral compass - including family, their aerial fighting style, their dedication to their beliefs. He really is like an evil Sanji.

The fight looked like crap though. Very awkward considering the arc looked pretty good at first, so you'd think they'd continue it in a episode(s) where it mattered.

Ray Down

Banned
Yet people say it has a better story than past games....

Like the past entries weren't exactly masterpieces, but c'mon...
It really doesn't.

Then again those people saying might be the type that wants as little story because they view it as something that interferes with the gameplay design or what have you not.

Also the duengon and bosses are bad, but those mean not a lot with a game that does do a lot right every where less, but these aspects are really disappointing, especially when the last duengon is the only real good one.

LotusHD

Banned
It really doesn't.

Then again those people saying might be the type that wants as little story because they view it as something that interferes with the gameplay design or what have you not.

Also the duengon and bosses are bad, but those mean not a lot with a game that does do a lot right every where less, but these aspects are really disappointing, especially when the last duengon is the only real good one.

Right now for me it's the frontrunner for "game you can't wait to get a sequel to"

Chase17

Off topic:
Ending to Breath of the wild is so anti climatic it's not even funny.
In a series that almost always has great final bosses (or at least a great atmosphere for them) BotW was lacking. Though the music was great.
I've got a solution for the ending.
Zelda: "Do you remember me?"
Link speaks for the first time: "No"
Yet people say it has a better story than past games....

Like the past entries weren't exactly masterpieces, but c'mon...
The way the story is framed is a lot better than the story itself. It touches on some ideas that are interesting but never commits to though.

NSESN

Note to guys at Nintendo:

Make actually duengons and less shitty set pieces.

From Ray Down.
Blame SS haters for that. It had awesome dungeons.
But still I feel the shrines are good replacements. And thunderblight ganon was actually challenging.
Story is whatever. Better that than something like P5 that starts strong and ends disappointing.
I don't know if I will rate it better than ALBW because I need to finish it but it is the best 3D game by far to me.

LotusHD

Banned
The way the story is framed is a lot better than the story itself. It touches on some ideas that are interesting but never commits to though.

I can agree with this.

Blame SS haters for that. It had awesome dungeons.
But still I feel the shrines are good replacements. And thunderblight ganon was actually challenging.
Story is whatever. Better that than something like P5 that starts strong and ends disappointing.
I don't know if I will rate it better than ALBW because I need to finish it but it is the best 3D game by far to me.

The shrines are cool, but nah, they are not good replacements. That said, Hyrule Castle was actually fun to explore. That's it though.

Jay RaR

In a series that almost always has great final bosses (or at least a great atmosphere for them) BotW was lacking. Though the music was great.
I've got a solution for the ending.

I love BotW, its a huge step up from SS and is a "breath" of fresh air in the series...

yet ironically the music here has the worst soundtrack of the Zelda games I've played so far, but its not outright terrible. There's not many catchy tunes or bombastic tracks that stick with me.

The story I agree is good but I'd also like some more focus on that especially after that lackluster ending.

The shrines, while nice, made me miss the lengthy dungeons that focus on 1 item.

Ray Down

Banned
I love BotW, its a huge step up from SS and is a "breath" of fresh air in the series...

yet ironically the music here has the worst soundtrack of the Zelda games I've played so far, but its not outright terrible. There's not many catchy tunes or bombastic tracks that stick with me.

The story I agree is good but I'd also like some more focus on that especially after that lackluster ending.

The shrines, while nice, made me miss the lengthy dungeons that focus on 1 item.
Yeah aside from the Hyrule Castle theme, I can't really remember any themes or think any were really catchy.

Ogodei

Breath of the Wild builds up with the memories, basically. You learn early on of the stakes, of rescuing the Princess, but then the memories show you what the Princess meant to you (which, through the narrative design of amnesia, is not just the game explaining to players stuff that the characters already know).

That and reading Zelda's diary in the castle go a long way to making the ending better, but i could understand it being disappointing outside of that context.

First phase of the Ganon fight was right on the sweet spot of the difficulty curve. Second was clearly a victory lap (but i prefer that over developers putting the really hard fight beyond the point of no return).

LotusHD

Banned
Breath of the Wild builds up with the memories, basically. You learn early on of the stakes, of rescuing the Princess, but then the memories show you what the Princess meant to you (which, through the narrative design of amnesia, is not just the game explaining to players stuff that the characters already know).

That and reading Zelda's diary in the castle go a long way to making the ending better, but i could understand it being disappointing outside of that context.

First phase of the Ganon fight was right on the sweet spot of the difficulty curve. Second was clearly a victory lap (but i prefer that over developers putting the really hard fight beyond the point of no return).

I found it hilarious when this one poster said people having issues with the story must not have read the diary, as if that would magically fix everything.

Ray Down

Banned
I found it hilarious when this one poster said people having issues with the story must not have read the diary, as if that would magically fix everything.

It's 13 all over.

Diary stuff should only really be used to add extra stuff to the lore of the world, extra dressing.

Not plot/story details.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Wow, no. Hateno Village has probably my favorite theme of the last decade.

I mean listen to this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj07-YU5cTk

ALSO this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7CzC3ebKM

Jay RaR

Wow, no. Hateno Village has probably my favorite theme of the last decade.

I mean listen to this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj07-YU5cTk

ALSO this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7CzC3ebKM

The first song is relaxing to play through, but I'd probably fall asleep if I listen to it by itself. The second I hardly noticed.

The tracks that stuck out to me are the Lynel/Yiga battle theme, Kass theme, and the Goron city theme. There are lots of soothing, atmospheric music but they dont stand out as much. Battle themes are pretty lacking too.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
CHAPTER SOOOOOON

Ogodei

You don't need it for the story to make a lick of sense (unlike FFXIII's lore), it just helps you understand what Zelda's gone through and why you should want her back.

Presumably you get all the memories, bit by bit, learning more and more about what Zelda's gone through, then at the end you read her diary
(although to get to one of the pre-final memories you have to go within like 30 feet of the diary, so most users who get all the memories will have found the diary before the last memory)
, and your motivation to save her increases.

It's not so much about making sense of the plot as it is giving the player emotional motive.

LotusHD

Banned
You don't need it for the story to make a lick of sense (unlike FFXIII's lore), it just helps you understand what Zelda's gone through and why you should want her back.

Presumably you get all the memories, bit by bit, learning more and more about what Zelda's gone through, then at the end you read her diary
(although to get to one of the pre-final memories you have to go within like 30 feet of the diary, so most users who get all the memories will have found the diary before the last memory)
, and your motivation to save her increases.

It's not so much about making sense of the plot as it is giving the player emotional motive.

I'm aware, just noting what the poster said. That said, felt indifferent towards it.

I feel you.

In the meantime, time to post One Piece fanart.

Haha, nice

NSESN

I was thinking. DBFZ looks so good, I really want a One Piece Fighters and maybe MHA fighters too now. I just want a decent One Piece 2d fighter for once.

Jay RaR

I was thinking. DBFZ looks so good, I really want a One Piece Fighters and maybe MHA fighters too now. I just want a decent One Piece 2d fighter for once.

I'd hop in Day 1 if Bandai made One Piece Mahvel.

I'd want One Piece to have an action RPG game similar to KH or FFXV but I feel that'd be too complicated to make. I'd also like to see a racing game with boats or even karts
(Tesoro approved)

LotusHD

Banned

I'd take a quality turn-based game at this point. I'm just sitting thirsty for a new decent game...

RPG would be cool but how would that work? DQ style?

Hey, at least we are talking about One Piece games now.
Bah topic wasn't a problem at all I'm just thirsty for a chapter. I'd gladly talk that new seven deadly sins game or a potential shokugeki no soma game Xp

We need a high budget suikoden style turn based one piece rpg

NSESN

Bah topic wasn't a problem at all I'm just thirsty for a chapter. I'd gladly talk that new seven deadly sins game or a potential shokugeki no soma game Xp

We need a high budget suikoden style turn based one piece rpg

I don't know how that would work and that makes me afraid.

Top Bottom