• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Burnout Paradise Remastered coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Södy;253117114 said:
1. Agree, waiting till the time expired sucked

2. nope. Burnout is not only about winning the race, also about creating chaos. You could also get an awesome rating without takedowns if you only drove on the wrong way, do jumps, etc.

3. I thought the burning laps were awesome because you had to hit them perfect. The hot rod one in the woods.... oh booy what a lot of joy, when I finally did it.

I had all stars in 360 and still play my PS2 copy. Best arcade racer ever made.

I'm not going to say you're wrong for preferring Burnout Revenge. You are, but that's beside the point. Obviously different people are going to like different things. Expecting one game to satisfy all of us is ridiculous, especially when just satisfying one subset would be an achievement. What I am going to do here is address your criticism of my criticism of your favourite Burnout:

2. Burnout was about winning the race, and so was Burnout 2. Burnout 3 was about creating chaos insofar as it directly contributed to winning the race. Burnout Revenge is the only one that put your chaos on a bloody metre, the only one that assigned chaos as homework toward your final grade. "Sorry son, not enough chaos, you're going to have to repeat the grand prix."

3. Burnout is about creating chaos... except when it's about executing time trials with inhuman precision? Obviously I'm exaggerating about the inhuman part, since we both platinumed them, but only one of us enjoyed it. Because one of us is a pod person.

The fact we even have opinions about these games suggests we bought and played all of them. It's not like we're taking food out of anyone's mouth by debating which one was the most shit. And what's the alternative? Praising every half-arsed Need for Speed, just because it's the best we're going to get this year? Gag me with a branded pager.

It is listed en Brazil for Switch aswell so maybe it will releae there to ?

Oh hell...Burnout Paradise on the Switch? If it has online support...I'd be in on day one with this.

Paradise isn't the best in the series, but it was fun, and it was great for drop in/drop out multiplayer with friends.

SystemUser

Is there any news on a good Burnout game coming to this generation?

Really, all I want is the crash mode. I bought Paradise without researching it. I was so upset that it did not have a crash mode. Why even put the Burnout name on the box without crash mode?

Wonko_C

Is there any news on a good Burnout game coming to this generation?

Really, all I want is the crash mode. I bought Paradise without researching it. I was so upset that it did not have a crash mode. Why even put the Burnout name on the box without crash mode?

Not sure if this is really Crash Mode since I haven't played it but if you're looking only for that then it should be worth checking it out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Zone_(video_game)

Södy

I'm not going to say you're wrong for preferring Burnout Revenge. You are, but that's beside the point.

I think you are ;) But that's how it is - opinions, I just loved Revenge and absolutely hated Paradise (played only about 5-10 hours before I gave up).

2. Burnout was about winning the race, and so was Burnout 2. Burnout 3 was about creating chaos insofar as it directly contributed to winning the race. Burnout Revenge is the only one that put your chaos on a bloody metre, the only one that assigned chaos as homework toward your final grade. "Sorry son, not enough chaos, you're going to have to repeat the grand prix."

I never played Burnout 1 and 2 to be fair (was a PC only gamer at this point) and only played 3 briefly. I basically started with Revenge but played this one heavily and played 3 afterwards. What I just wanted to say is, that Revenge has this "feature" (I don't know the right word to put it, sorry) that you make chaos. It is just part of the game (adding "in certain game modes" here in hindisght of my point 3 ;-) ). Ofcourse you can hate it for that but I liked it because it added to the challenge and varied the gameplay a little bit.

3. Burnout is about creating chaos... except when it's about executing time trials with inhuman precision? Obviously I'm exaggerating about the inhuman part, since we both platinumed them, but only one of us enjoyed it. Because one of us is a pod person.

I definetly give you that, I should have re-read my post. It is not about creating chaos here. But that's why I liked this parts aswell. They were different, possible to get Platin but you had to give your best. The satisfaction aber finishing them was so great.

The fact we even have opinions about these games suggests we bought and played all of them. It's not like we're taking food out of anyone's mouth by debating which one was the most shit. And what's the alternative? Praising every half-arsed Need for Speed, just because it's the best we're going to get this year? Gag me with a branded pager.

Well said. The last good NFS for me was Most Wanted (the original). I tried the new MW and Hot Pursuit but they weren't fun by any means.

Best thing would be a HD collection... Burnout 1-4 + Paradise would make everybody happy, I think.

autoduelist

Södy;253131907 said:
Well said. The last good NFS for me was Most Wanted (the original). I tried the new MW and Hot Pursuit but they weren't fun by any means.

Best thing would be a HD collection... Burnout 1-4 + Paradise would make everybody happy, I think.

I'm so glad I love all these games. Like, I can't even imagine not liking the new HP, and I'm so glad I loved it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I used to really enjoy playing burnout with my friend on his original xbox, I think it was burnout 2.

I tried burnout paradise and I remember everyone was really hyped about it, but I was not that impressed when you had games like GTA4 out.

Agent X

According to this article from Gematsu, Burnout Paradise HD Remaster will be released for PS4 in Japan on March 16.

It's great to know this is actually becoming a reality. I hope that we soon receive details of other releases for the US and the rest of the world!

Spidey_BR

Neo Member
Hi guys. I'm currently working with Gamepress team and would like to correct the news. The source was not spotted on a Brazilian retailer's Web site but on a videgames suplier list.
Bye

The rumor has been confirmed and the post here stays incorrect.

norinrad

I own both the Japanese and US versions. A Switch version would be amazing especially remastered.

Still not paying 40$ for it though. Hahaha

Phhhh

No doubt.

Fuck what a bummer if true.

Its crazy how polarizing paradise is. Its one of my favorite games of all time. I loved Burnout 3 and Revenge too, but ended up playing Paradise way more. Way ahead of its time. I think I also didn't like it at first but then something clicked and I loved it.

Sleepydays

Banned
Game of the last gen for me. Did everything right. DLC was fantastic and actually worth the money.

Switch me up, please!

Barakov

Gold Member
Really liked Paradise. So I'd probably pick up the remaster. Kinda wish they'd to do a collection though.

OrionFalls

So we know it’s getting remastered for PS4/XBO, but do you think there will be any support for Pro/X? I’d love a 4K version of Paradise.

Wonko_C

The older Burnouts are more in need of a remaster since they are like, 480p tops? Paradise still looks fine on last gen consoles and on PC you can already go as high as your display allows.

Rellik

Yes same, Im very confused by the hate here.. I nearly 100% it on Xbox360 and later spent a lot of time with it again on PC (The Ultimate Box version on Steam).

Confused by people having different tastes to you?

I will buy this begrudgingly. I was disappointed when they moved to open world but so be it, there's SFA for arcade racers anymore and I have to fire up the older systems for anything worth playing so Ill take it. Forza Horizons are nice but like Driveclub, they're more of a crossover with sim imo.

Yes same, Im very confused by the hate here.. I nearly 100% it on Xbox360 and later spent a lot of time with it again on PC (The Ultimate Box version on Steam).

I would assume most hate is just the typical divide of gamers that prefer one of open world or traditional menu selection over the other. This franchise severely departed from its past with this entry. Picking races from a menu is my jam, driving to and from events is a royal pita imo.

thelastword

Banned
It's crazy that people love open world in Horizon, but hate it for Paradise. I'm not even close to a fan of open world racers, but Paradise made it work. The gameplay worked, the online challenges were fun and the maps great. The fps was 60, so that defintiely helped. Paradise ws the most fun you could have with friends in an online racer on PS3 and doing all the missions solo was also very rewarding just the same.....

I'd love for a traditional Burnout remade though, no open world at 60fps, but then EA is just wasting everybody's time with these 30fps (Need for Speeds), ironic isn't it? Since all their racers should be 60fps.

I finished the game twice (got the burnout driver's license or whatever). I think it's a fun game but I still hated having to look at the minimap all the time and the soundtrack was absolutely awful. I can totally understand why people have mixed feelings about Burnout Paradise. It could have been so much better if the game had raised half see-through forcefields around the city whenever you raced so you would have a specific track to race on. And what's up with all the different genres of music in this game? We have pop, rock and some opera shit. It's by far the most bizarre sound track that I've listened to in a video game.

No need.

Just Xbox one X enhance the 360 version.

Sadly, I highly doubt that MS will be given the "okay" to push a 4k update for it on the Xbone now. EA will just release an up-res (ahem, "remaster") of Paradise and sell it at a higher price again. This is my only issue with the current MS backwards compatibility program; it puts far too much power in the publisher's hands.

Regardless, Burnout Paradise might not be the Burnout game that lots of people wanted but it's a fantastic arcade racer regardless. This rumour is good news for those who don't own an Xbox One and have been itching for some quality arcade racing this gen.

Last edited:

Chessr

For me personally it is because its open World. Open world dont go well together with a racing game. Same reason i dont like the Horizon games. Just aint fin driving around looking for races. Just a waste og time for me

I have this on PC, where it already looks a treat, and Xbox 360 (for big surf island. Playable on Xbox One!), so I can only really see myself getting this if it comes to Switch because the ability to play Burnout Paradise whenever, and however, I want, would be amazing. Especially if they add local multiplayer.

Like others have pointed out this will probably be an up-res using the PC assets. I hope EA don't use this version as an excuse to shut off the servers for the original 360/PS3 release where you can still play online. Even on Xbox One.

As for the game itself, while I didn't like it at first I quickly warmed to it and I think I've played through it about three times now. What makes Burnout Paradise special as an open world racer is the use of landmarks as end points, and the freedom you get racing to those landmarks. As you slowly learn the map taking your own route through your own knowledge becomes ever more liberating. Big contrast to Criterion's NFS: Most Wanted, which saw a shift to plotting specific races inside an open world.

Personally my favourite Burnout game was 2. I do like 3, and Legends, and Paradise (never played Revenge), but it's obvious takedowns had their cost: actually crashing on corners or scenery was a lot harder (you'd often just scrape). Likewise the AI felt a lot more faked in games with takedowns - you'd often see some rival racers slow down in hope that you'll perform a takedown on them. Simply put, you felt a lot more vulnerable in the first 2 Burnouts, and there was a huge element of risk/reward as your speed increased.

Top Bottom