• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Turok 2 canned, layoffs?

Smokey

bishoptl said:
I'm at home, drinking tea and watching Top Gear.

Sorry for you guys who didn't like the first game *shrug* but I'm not going around flaming accounts in a fit of pique. Even if those responses might warrant it.

Just gonna drink my tea.

:(

this sounds like...such a sad post.

hope everything works out.

_Xenon_

Banned
Sucks for those who got canned.

One mediocre game and the whole studio go down the drain? The HD console game business model is such a joke :(

madmook

kazuma_pt said:
turok 2 canned? good news
wiros0.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
bishoptl said:

Sorry for you guys who didn't like the first game *shrug* but I'm not going around flaming accounts in a fit of pique. Even if those responses might warrant it.

Just gonna drink my tea.

Much respect.

Were you among those that got laid off?

-viper-

Banned
Didn't the original game sell over a million worldwide?

Surely that is good enough to continue the franchise?

Hope everyone is back in employment soon. Sucks that a studio has to get closed down. Never nice to see people losing jobs.

bryehn

JayDubya said:
Tea is good. This thread is now about tea.

I drink a lot of it. My current favourite is Lipton Green Tea with Tangerine and Passionfruit.

Sad news if true, always sucks to see people out of work.

Haunted

bishoptl said:
The studio is still up and running.
How many employees does Propaganda have anyway? 50+ layoffs sounds severe. :(

bishoptl said:

Just gonna drink my tea.
Best of luck to you.

itxaka

Defeatist
bishoptl said:

Just gonna drink my tea.

arne said:
also we're hiring

Zamorro

bishoptl said:

Just gonna drink my tea.
That's some Zen shit right there.

I'd rather have some coffee. Coffee of infernal RAGE.

CTLance

Best of luck for the guys who got laid off. Hope you find good jobs ASAP again.

Also, bishoptl, hope you enjoy your tea. Cheers. *sips on peppermint "tea"*

Das-J

Law of the West
arne said:
More news on more layoffs is really depressing.

Best of luck everyone who was let go today, hope you all land on your feet!

also we're hiring

Couldn't have said it better myself. We're also hiring just down the road in Seattle,
so PM me for details on several positions that haven't made it on the website yet!

I put some milk in my tea once and it made it all creamy and good instead of shitty and not good. Is it shunnable behavior to put dairy product in tea?

My hope is that in all these layoffs the seeds of innovation are planted and the next wave of entrepreneurs are being sown. There's always opportunity for good people... always. Let's be good.

Mash

Aristotlekh said:
I put some milk in my tea once and it made it all creamy and good instead of shitty and not good.

You guys drink tea without milk? What kind of tea you talking about? Cause us English folk don't take kindly to folk who don't milk up their tea.

Fuck the haters.

It looks like I'm kissing ass because I am late to this thread but the first Turok had potential for growth.

Bad news for gamers and the devs.

Omar Ismail said:
My hope is that in all these layoffs the seeds of innovation are planted and the next wave of entrepreneurs are being sown. There's always opportunity for good people... always. Let's be good.
Problem is and has always been the source of funding. Good luck to all those canned...unfortunately, it's going to get a bit worse for industry workers as the year wears on.

If I owned a tea company, I would hire bish to sell my product. The man just has a masterful command of an audience. Meat fountains or no meat fountains.

On the bright side I somehow still have my job. Haven't had time to jump into the pooched X360 console thread of late but that's due to lack of time than anything else.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this news is pretty lame to hear. I wish the best of luck to everyone out there who was laid off. enjoy your tea bish.

JayDubya

Banned
Now I have a hankering to go to Chicken Express and get some sweet tea.

Lactose is not the sugar the tea needs, friends. Sucrose is the way, and the light.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Best of luck Bishop and rest of the Turok team. Hope you'll land another awesome gig if you were let go by any chance.
Edit: I <3 Chai as well...we drink a shit ton of it.

Mash

Aristotlekh said:
I've never known anyone who put milk in tea, but I'm also from California, so maybe this is a British vs. US thing.

Ok! You got me, joke's over. You all had me going for a bit with the whole tea without milk thing! But seriously though you people sicken me.

Firestorm said:
So it looks like I'm moving once I graduate.

Radical, EA Blackbox, Nexon Vancouver, Propaganda... what's next? Relic, Hothead, Blue Castle? :(

It's really weird. I think this basically means UFG is the biggest studio in town, followed by AP/Next Level (and excluding the burnaby area stuff.)

every single one of my friends who work in the videogame industry in vancouver has been laid off in the past few months. this fucking sucks.

this should be such a great city for game development.

M3d10n

Mash said:
I know this is a message board and all but how would you like it if someone came to your work and effectively shit all over it? Obviously it would be hilarious but still! don't be a dick.
Paging Denis Dyack.

JayDubya

Banned
Mash said:
But seriously though you people sicken me.

But seriously, sweet tea. Best kind of tea, amirite? See, they brew it with copious amounts of sugar. Putting the sugar in at the end is too weaksauce.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Another gaming-related lay-off movement - sigh, these past few months haven't been good at all job-wise...

Enjoy your tea man...

Top Bottom