• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Weevilone

Yeah like half the games/movies/books I get from Amazon arrive smashed.

I got a hardback book from Barnes and Noble today and it was expertly packaged.

Now I'm glad I have the backup from GameStop. Will see which one is best and then return it to the company that sent me the worse one.

Yeah I know it sounds petty...
Amazon is just much more conviant for me. Prime discount, and only once did they fail me on day 1 delivery
Yeah this right here. I love the Prime Discount. Wish the shipping lived up to it though.

Makki

Sorry to hear that man. Amazon has been seriously dropping the ball lately, my P5 limited edition was crushed as well. Hope my copy of FE doesn't end up all fucked up. Just to be safe, I also ordered a second copy from GameStop in case they do screw up.

My own awful experiences with Amazon and LE's have driven me to pay for Best Buy Gamers unlocked because I can now pick up the items from the store. Too many limited edition stuff got to my house either broken or best case scenario mangled on the outside.

Should've waited on the detergent! But seriously, I never recommend going through Amazon for LEs...
I didn't expect them to ship it a day early, let alone combine it with something I ordered that morning. Oh well. I'm not the kind or person to fuss over second-hand value.

The Prime discount plus the 30% for the mangled box puts me below what I would have spent on a regular copy. So I guess I'm ahead, sort of.

Got mine yesterday, and it's huge! Way too big for a 3DS CE. I love the size of the FE Fates or Persona Q CEs, 2-4 DVD cases in size. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have a CE take up the space of 50 regular game cases?

Skwerl

As for Prime goes, they were stalling on shipping my stuff and then the estimated delivery got shifted to May 22nd. I talked to the customer service and told them I am eligible for release date delivery, they upgraded it to one day shipping for free... So here's something for future reference.

VGtdOrH.jpg

Man the size of this box is hilarious, I don't know where the hell I'm going to even put this :lol

IronRinn

I thought I was smart going with Best Buy as a backup for my Amazon order. Amazon order shipped with something else which wound up crushing the box.

Best Buy decided to ship in a bubble mailer. You can imagine how that ended up.

Maybe I'll go with GameStop next time.

Checked my Amazon order. Prime Shipping 2-Day. Supposed to arrive on release day.

At 4:27 AM in California the shipment finally departed from the Amazon facility after sitting there for literally a whole day. Still set to arrive today according to Amazon through USPS.

It's 9:13 AM over here in Utah.....

How about GameStop? 2-Day shipping. Was supposed to be shipped out on release day according to some posters. UPS.

Departed the facility in Kentucky yesterday at 2:30 PM. Arrived to my UPS customer care center ready to be picked up around midnight.

What the heck??? I thought it would be the other way around!

Saoshyant

VGtdOrH.jpg

Man the size of this box is hilarious, I don't know where the hell I'm going to even put this :lol

Goddamn, that is ridiculous. And now I'm on the same boat as you as I didn't imagine it was this big. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but where the hell am I gonna put this thing? I wish some bright NOE employee had figured out placing two amiibos on this thing wasn't the smartest of ideas.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up the GameStop one from UPS. It came in a box! That's actually really cool!

Now to wait for Amazon's...

Mine shipped real fast! For once UPS is actually getting here Day 1!! I forgot to check my other email for tracking... it shipped yesterday, out for delivery today!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Getting tired of the massive collector boxes.

Have to agree... Ultimate LE collector here, and Zelda Master Edition, Gal*Gun etc. are too big for its contents. I'm sure these can be packaged properly without being huge. FE came with a big artbook, so I will give it a pass

(Wow UPS already here!)

Slermy

My CE is on its way, but Best Buy decided to cancel the Amiibo order due to payment issues. WTF? They were charged to the same card and its nowhere near the limit.

Found mine delivered from Amazon during lunch. Was only in a bubble mailer but my USPS handles things well, so worst I usually get is a no-big-deal little crimp on a corner. Box size + not being of strongest material = easy to crunch.

t26

Now I'm glad I have the backup from GameStop. Will see which one is best and then return it to the company that sent me the worse one.

Yeah I know it sounds petty...

Yeah this right here. I love the Prime Discount. Wish the shipping lived up to it though.

Best Buy GCU is the same as Prime discount, plus it works on every game and on average much better packing than amazon. Why waste time with backup from gamestop.

I learned my lesson after my Bravely Default LE was bad damaged and they were unable to offer a replacement as it was sold out everywhere. I haven't spend any money on LE from amazon since.

leehom

Was on the fence whether I should purchase it or not, but decided to do it. Missed out on Fates SE/CE, so this sort of makes up for it.

amazon beat the shit out my CE box...
Just discovered this as I was requesting a discount on my crushed order from Amazon. Went ahead and ordered a second one. If it comes intact, I'll return the busted one.
amazon used to be super good to me...but lately theyve started bubble mailing everything like they were doing to other people

So I called Amazon and it turns out that it hasn't even reached USPS yet because of their shipping partner even though it started shipping Wednesday night.

What a joke. I wish I could complain somewhere.

The GameStop one looks great minus some marks on the sides of the boxes where the paint came off.

Just picked mine up from gamestop. This box is seriously huge.

Glad I got it though. When I picked it up, the person at the gamestop said I was the only one able to get one at that store before they sold out.

Mine came in a big brown Amazon box with bubble wrap. It's pristine... which makes me feel bad for saying that I'm probably going to throw the box out. I live in NYC, and there's no space for big bulky LE packaging.

Best Buy GCU is the same as Prime discount, plus it works on every game and on average much better packing than amazon. Why waste time with backup from gamestop.
Yeah I think it's time to use GCU. I don't have 30 extra right now though...

GameStop has been absolutely fantastic to me so far.

Gaardus

So I called Amazon and it turns out that it hasn't even reached USPS yet because of their shipping partner even though it started shipping Wednesday night.

What a joke. I wish I could complain somewhere.

The GameStop one looks great minus some marks on the sides of the boxes where the paint came off.
If you have Prime and an item doesn't meet the guaranteed delivery date, contact CS and they'll give you an extra month of Prime for your trouble.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Mine came in a big brown Amazon box with bubble wrap. It's pristine... which makes me feel bad for saying that I'm probably going to throw the box out. I live in NYC, and there's no space for big bulky LE packaging.

The one guy that got his in a box... Maybe sell/give away the packaging? Someone might want.

If you have Prime and an item doesn't meet the guaranteed delivery date, contact CS and they'll give you an extra month of Prime for your trouble.
Yeah but I think I almost have an extra year of Prime by now thanks to all the times they've messed up. I want something else.

...Wow I sound like a spoiled child.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
GameStop has been absolutely fantastic to me so far.

Their corporate CS (not the regular one...) has been awesome to me too on issues. I honestly pay a little more to go in store than deal with shipping back items (this was the one time I got the item from .com though).

Their corporate CS (not the regular one...) has been awesome to me too on issues. I honestly pay a little more to go in store than deal with shipping back items (this was the one time I got the item from .com though).
Same here. My regular one has been super nice too though!

Alm and Celica amiibos are up on Amazon. No discount though.

Zaventem

Didnt know this would be so huge. I honestly hate cardboard LEs because they slightest thing causes the outer box damage, seems i dodged a bullet by getting my copy from gamestop over amazon going by this thread.

Also..does anyone know any sites that sell protective hard cases for these types of LE sizes?

Top Bottom