• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Franklinator
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:29 AM)
Franklinator's Avatar
Hey Tunavi, my friend and I built something awesome in Minecraft that you have to see later. It's awesome.

Also, that box art is really cool.
Karl2177
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:32 AM)
Karl2177's Avatar

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

Apparently I'm famous now because of that Kotaku article!
Random person who I've never played with before (checked my recently played list, wouldn't even let me submit a player review) sent me a message that said:

"How old do u have to be to work for bungie?"

he also sent me a friend request.
So, taking a page out of Karl's book, (pretty sure he was the one who convinced somebody he worked on halo games) I replied with "What makes you think I work for Bungie? ;)"

Is it sad that trolling is nearly as fun as playing games on live?

The winky face makes all the difference. I'm proud to call you my son, monsterfracas. But not Franklinator. Not yet.
Franklinator
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:39 AM)
Franklinator's Avatar

Originally Posted by mastrbiggy

Sounds like 5 year old talk

You're just jealous of the ocean biome I built
Last edited by Franklinator; 05-15-2012 at 01:42 AM.
HigherLevel
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:40 AM)
HigherLevel's Avatar
Halo 4 better have a steelbook LE. The Halo 2 one was so nice. I remember going through three Halo 3 LE's until I got one without a scratched disc. That box was garbage.
Hydranockz
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:41 AM)
Hydranockz's Avatar

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

Apparently I'm famous now because of that Kotaku article!
Random person who I've never played with before (checked my recently played list, wouldn't even let me submit a player review) sent me a message that said:

"How old do u have to be to work for bungie?"

he also sent me a friend request.
So, taking a page out of Karl's book, (pretty sure he was the one who convinced somebody he worked on halo games) I replied with "What makes you think I work for Bungie? ;)"

Is it sad that trolling is nearly as fun as playing games on live?

Was his steel cold?
Ryaaan14
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:42 AM)
Ryaaan14's Avatar

Originally Posted by HigherLevel

Halo 4 better have a steelbook LE. The Halo 2 one was so nice. I remember going through three Halo 3 LE's until I got one without a scratched disc. That box was garbage.

Amazingly I was one of the very few whose disc wasn't loose. Not sure how that fucker stayed on that pitiful excuse for a nub.
HigherLevel
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:43 AM)
HigherLevel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryaaan14

Amazingly I was one of the very few whose disc wasn't loose. Not sure how that fucker stayed on that pitiful excuse for a nub.

Yeah it was crazy how bad they were. I had a friend who went through 6 of them before the guy at Gamestop finally just opened a regular edition and gave him that disc with the LE case.
Tunavi
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:45 AM)
Tunavi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

Hey Tunavi, my friend and I built something awesome in Minecraft that you have to see later. It's awesome.

Also, that box art is really cool.

aw yeah.

we should probably start discussing this in the Minecraft OT, lol
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(05-15-2012, 01:46 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar
Looks great. Dat AR and Unicron.
senador
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:48 AM)
senador's Avatar
There's a unicorn?!
Barrow Roll
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:49 AM)
Barrow Roll's Avatar
Box art looks unbelievable. I gotta crop some version of it for a cover photo later.
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(05-15-2012, 01:49 AM)
Tashi's Avatar
Orson Welles!!
Louis Wu
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:49 AM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

Apparently I'm famous now because of that Kotaku article!
Random person who I've never played with before (checked my recently played list, wouldn't even let me submit a player review) sent me a message that said:

"How old do u have to be to work for bungie?"

he also sent me a friend request.
So, taking a page out of Karl's book, (pretty sure he was the one who convinced somebody he worked on halo games) I replied with "What makes you think I work for Bungie? ;)"

Is it sad that trolling is nearly as fun as playing games on live?

Best story I've got in this genre:

It's PAX 2008, I'm standing in the Bungie booth. (It's not really off-limits, but the only people in the booth are folks actually playing the Mythic maps and Bungie employees.) I'm talking to a bunch of GAFfers waiting in line to play (standing outside the booth ropes).

Some kid walks up to me and hands me a cat helmet. Seeing my blank stare, he asks me to sign it.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask him.

"No."

So I tell him.

And he takes the cat helmet and walks away.
CyReN
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:51 AM)
CyReN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

Best story I've got in this genre:

It's PAX 2008, I'm standing in the Bungie booth. (It's not really off-limits, but the only people in the booth are folks actually playing the Mythic maps and Bungie employees.) I'm talking to a bunch of GAFfers waiting in line to play (standing outside the booth ropes).

Some kid walks up to me and hands me a cat helmet. Seeing my blank stare, he asks me to sign it.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask him.

"No."

So I tell him.

And he takes the cat helmet and walks away.

When I figured out that you were the guy from the Halo 2 making of/H.B.O to Gaf name I did a little squeal.
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 01:55 AM)
Fracas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydranockz

Was his steel cold?

:0 wat
The Librarian
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(05-15-2012, 01:56 AM)
The Librarian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Orson Welles!!

He'll be providing the voice for the Master Builder.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-15-2012, 01:56 AM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

Best story I've got in this genre:

It's PAX 2008, I'm standing in the Bungie booth. (It's not really off-limits, but the only people in the booth are folks actually playing the Mythic maps and Bungie employees.) I'm talking to a bunch of GAFfers waiting in line to play (standing outside the booth ropes).

Some kid walks up to me and hands me a cat helmet. Seeing my blank stare, he asks me to sign it.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask him.

"No."

So I tell him.

And he takes the cat helmet and walks away.

Honestly id like you to sign something for me, your like famous and shit dude.
I really wanted to go to one of your LANs after that video.


In completely unrelated but awesome news (to me at least)
My newest skyrim character.

Geralt of Rivia Brother of the Nightswatch.



Found a mod that added Lanister and The mountains armour to the game. :)
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 01:56 AM)
Fracas's Avatar
I have a shamalamadingdong twist to add to this story, but I think Hydranockz has one of his own...
Toddler
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:01 AM)
Toddler's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Dat Unicron.

Can't unsee....
Hydranockz
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:01 AM)
Hydranockz's Avatar

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

I have a shamalamadingdong twist to add to this story, but I think Hydranockz has one of his own...

Nah, someone sent me messages asking for bungie employee's gamertags. I pointed hm towards heckfu, thought you might have had a similar fate.
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 02:05 AM)
Fracas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydranockz

Nah, someone sent me messages asking for bungie employee's gamertags. I pointed hm towards heckfu, thought you might have had a similar fate.

Lol ah okay. I thought I was trolling you trolling me or something. But yeah, this kid has apparently talked to other "314" employees, including HaloGAF members. He said this:

"Your a pretty good guy all the other that work for 314 just blew me off (grimbrother1.hypertrooper.kuphus etc)"
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(05-15-2012, 02:09 AM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Looks great. Dat AR and Unicron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY_zL296YZg&t=1m8s

Originally Posted by Dax01

He'll be providing the voice for the Master Builder.

That would be interesting.
Franklinator
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:21 AM)
Franklinator's Avatar
I got a message from cold steel asking if I work for 314 industries
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(05-15-2012, 02:22 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidhands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY_zL296YZg&t=1m8s

That would be interesting.

Hah, it's even more similar than I remembered.

But seriously, that sequence blew my mind seeing it in theaters when I was a kid. The thought of something showing up to eat your planet....yowza.

Reading the thread on the Gaming side, I think this is the most well-recieved Halo cover art to date, at least on par with the ODST one. I recall much bitching with Halo 2 and 3.
HiredN00bs
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:22 AM)
HiredN00bs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

I got a message from cold steel asking if I work for 314 industries

Here at 314, we eat A LOT of pie.
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 02:23 AM)
Fracas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Franklinator

I got a message from cold steel asking if I work for 314 industries

Dammit Hydra/Heckfu, how many Gamertags did you give? :P
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(05-15-2012, 02:23 AM)
Tashi's Avatar
I still can't believe how positive that gaming side thread is. Amazing art > all
Hydranockz
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:26 AM)
Hydranockz's Avatar

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

Dammit Hydra/Heckfu, how many Gamertags did you give? :P

HOW DID HE FIND ME?!?!?!
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(05-15-2012, 02:29 AM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Hah, it's even more similar than I remembered.

But seriously, that sequence blew my mind seeing it in theaters when I was a kid. The thought of something showing up to eat your planet....yowza.

Reading the thread on the Gaming side, I think this is the most well-recieved Halo cover art to date, at least on par with the ODST one. I recall much bitching with Halo 2 and 3.

That movie was filled with all kinds of awesome for a kid. Must have seen that flick a half-dozen times at the theater.

I'm shocked at the positive remarks about the box art. Hard to deny such a cool thing, though.
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 02:32 AM)
Fracas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydranockz

HOW DID HE FIND ME?!?!?!

I should direct him to the HaloGAF Gamertag list and tell him they're all 343 employees.
CyReN
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:33 AM)
CyReN's Avatar
MLG Pro taking on Big Team Battle guys again.
Overdoziz
Banned
(05-15-2012, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by CyReN

MLG Pro taking on Big Team Battle guys again.

Disgusting.
Domino Theory
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:37 AM)
Domino Theory's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

I still can't believe how positive that gaming side thread is. Amazing art > all

ZOMG THEY CALL OF DUTY SPACED THE BOXART
Bregmann Roche
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:37 AM)
Bregmann Roche's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidhands

That movie was filled with all kinds of awesome for a kid. Must have seen that flick a half-dozen times at the theater.

DOES NOT HOLD UP.

Re-watched it a few years ago and felt childhood me smother himself with a pillow--leaving a void filled only by Michael Bay movies. An exploding void.
Brolic Gaoler
formerly Alienshogun
(05-15-2012, 02:41 AM)
Brolic Gaoler's Avatar

Originally Posted by CyReN

MLG Pro taking on Big Team Battle guys again.

Damn, I'll catch that later. Watching MLG Max Payne 3 right now.

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

Goddamn at the number of Diablo3 streams and viewers...

Is that game monthly subscription like WoW or pay once like SCII?

Pay once
Last edited by Brolic Gaoler; 05-15-2012 at 02:46 AM.
xxjuicesxx
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:44 AM)
xxjuicesxx's Avatar
Goddamn at the number of Diablo3 streams and viewers...

Is that game monthly subscription like WoW or pay once like SCII?
Poker Face
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:44 AM)
Poker Face's Avatar
still can't get over how great the cover art is. it's rivaling my love for the halo 2 cover art.
Rand0m TAG
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:45 AM)
Rand0m TAG's Avatar
should I wait for windows 8 phone, iPhone 5 or hope that android gets better
Risen
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:48 AM)
Risen's Avatar
halo anyone?
Ramirez
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:53 AM)
Ramirez's Avatar

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

Goddamn at the number of Diablo3 streams and viewers...

Is that game monthly subscription like WoW or pay once like SCII?

Pay once, try it, you'll never think of Reach again.
Steelyuhas
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:53 AM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rand0m TAG

should I wait for windows 8 phone, iPhone 5 or hope that android gets better

Well Windows Phone, iOS, and Android will all have significant software updates this fall, and new hardware, so I'd just wait for the fall.
Rand0m TAG
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:56 AM)
Rand0m TAG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Well Windows Phone, iOS, and Android will all have significant software updates this fall, and new hardware, so I'd just wait for the fall.

that's what I'm planning on doing. leaning towards windows, hoping for a new Nokia.

and Diablo, what type of game is it? is it like WoW?
Brolic Gaoler
formerly Alienshogun
(05-15-2012, 02:57 AM)
Brolic Gaoler's Avatar
Hey Cyren, your boy Walshy is playing Max Payne right now on that stream. ;)
xxjuicesxx
Member
(05-15-2012, 02:58 AM)
xxjuicesxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ramirez

Pay once, try it, you'll never think of Reach again.

OK good I'll get it then. I just don't really believe in active membership games. Like WoW.

Comes out tonight right? How is everyone playing it?
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 02:59 AM)
Fracas's Avatar
Ah, really fighting the urge to buy Max Payne 3.

I know that if I buy it, I'll start single player, toss it on the shelf with all the other games I bought at full price, then I'll see it on sale for $25 somewhere and get pissed

edit: Oh man, rumors that BF3 is switching to a subscription are popping up again. Seriously, this better not be true.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(05-15-2012, 03:00 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by CyReN

MLG Pro taking on Big Team Battle guys again.

Currently dealing with the Banshee on Paradiso. My condolences to those guys, it's downright painful to watch.
Brolic Gaoler
formerly Alienshogun
(05-15-2012, 03:02 AM)
Brolic Gaoler's Avatar

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

OK good I'll get it then. I just don't really believe in active membership games. Like WoW.

Comes out tonight right? How is everyone playing it?

Euro is already playing it. Some people are using Euro accounts from their Blizz accounts.

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Currently dealing with the Banshee on Paradiso. My condolences to those guys, it's downright painful to watch.

That happened last night, it was sickening.
senador
Member
(05-15-2012, 03:02 AM)
senador's Avatar

Originally Posted by monsterfracas

Ah, really fighting the urge to buy Max Payne 3.

I know that if I buy it, I'll start single player, toss it on the shelf with all the other games I bought at full price, then I'll see it on sale for $25 somewhere and get pissed

edit: Oh man, rumors that BF3 is switching to a subscription are popping up again. Seriously, this better not be true.

That wouldn't make sense this far out from launch. They'd be met with too much rage. They should do it. I'd love to have my last EA straw and the rage would be entertaining.
Fracas
#fuckonami
(05-15-2012, 03:04 AM)
Fracas's Avatar

Originally Posted by senador

That wouldn't make sense this far out from launch. They'd be met with too much rage. They should do it. I'd love to have my last EA straw and the rage would be entertaining.

As dumb as it may be, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know what's happened to EA these last few years. They were sooooo good before all of this, now I just don't know.
Overdoziz
Banned
(05-15-2012, 03:07 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Currently dealing with the Banshee on Paradiso. My condolences to those guys, it's downright painful to watch.

They play on that map in customs...
...for fun.

Thread Tools