• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

TheOddOne
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:44 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar
What are these "perks" you speak of?!
The Librarian
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(05-14-2012, 06:45 PM)
The Librarian's Avatar
I'm not interested in Forge because I don't like to invest the time in designing maps. I'm more eager to see the improvements 343 brings to the screenshot and theater features of the game.

Edit: I should note that Forge should be in the game and much improved upon.
Last edited by The Librarian; 05-14-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Homeboyd
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:45 PM)
OverKarl. I love you. Both. So much!

Atlas!
TheOddOne
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:47 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dax01

I'm not interested in Forge because I don't like to invest the time in designing maps. I'm more eager to see the improvements 343 brings to the screenshot and theater features of the game.

A Frankie blowup doll will be in the legendary edition of Halo 4. Have fun watching theater with him/it/whatever.
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
(05-14-2012, 06:48 PM)
Deadly Cyclone's Avatar
Anti-TeaBag - Once per match you can hit "X" when an enemy has killed you and is teabagging your body. This will cause a "death spasm" and your Spartan will give a swift kick upwards killing your opponent.
Karl2177
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:48 PM)
Karl2177's Avatar

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

Atlas!

Unless someone from DMH that was in the old group told you, then you have no idea.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(05-14-2012, 06:49 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dax01

I'm not interested in Forge because I don't like to invest the time in designing maps. I'm more eager to see the improvements 343 brings to the screenshot and theater features of the game.

People should want a super powerful Forge because Microsoft's idea of DLC support in a Halo game is "some at launch, then tie the last pack in to another game that comes out after people got tired of waiting for new DLC and moved on"
Homeboyd
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Karl2177

Unless someone from DMH that was in the old group told you, then you have no idea.

:lol I just laughed waaaay too loud at work
Hydranockz
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:55 PM)
Hydranockz's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

A Frankie blowup doll will be in the legendary edition of Halo 4. Have fun watching theater with him/it/whatever.

It's Frankie because they can't add real hair to blow-up dolls yet, right?
Louis Wu
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:55 PM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadly Cyclone

Anti-TeaBag - Once per match you can hit "X" when an enemy has killed you and is teabagging your body. This will cause a "death spasm" and your Spartan will give a swift kick upwards killing your opponent.

Teabagging makes me laugh more than rage, but this would be one funny-ass perk. ;)
m23
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:57 PM)
m23's Avatar
Teabag physics of Halo 3 need to return.
Steelyuhas
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:57 PM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hypertrooper

Guilty Spark is an AI. I hope you have seen every Anniversary terminals because GS mentions that there are back Ups for every of them. The explanation is logical in this case. If Johnson or Keyes comes back, I will agree with you.

Aye, I forgot about that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Gui_PT

So who wants to get that weekly?

Creditz iz my life

I refuse to do daily challenges with the 'weekly' challenge slapped on it. salty

Originally Posted by Karl2177

haha
Overdoziz
Banned
(05-14-2012, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

What are these "perks" you speak of?!

They're more like minor adjustments to an engine. "That's what perks are" you say?

Interesting.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:59 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Munish23

Teabag physics of Halo 3 need to return.

The ones were the crotch and the head get stuck to each other ? That's awesome it looks like the spartan on the ground is sucking on the sack like a dyson
TheOddOne
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:59 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydranockz

It's Frankie because they can't add real hair to blow-up dolls yet, right?

"We can't comment on the manufacturing practices of the [Halo 4's Legendary Edition] dolls.", says a representative of 343 Industries, Microsoft's internal Halo team.
Captain Blood
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:00 PM)
Captain Blood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Oh, you're one of them huh?

Dude there are way too many pages the way it is I don't even want to thing about DOUBLE! haha
Karl2177
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:04 PM)
Karl2177's Avatar
So the Halo 3: ODST Facebook page picked up Dax's Hindsight ODST article(and I noticed Hydra liked it). It was a good read, much better than the previous ones. One thing that really stuck out to me was how you noticed the sky and the environment above you. Oddly enough in all of my ODST run-throughs, I hardly ever looked at the sky. Also, I'm so tempted to comment on the Facebook comments with "Dax sucks".
thisisnotdanny
Banned
(05-14-2012, 07:04 PM)
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/tw...mcfarlane-toy/

you guys see this?
Tashi
343i Esports Producer
(05-14-2012, 07:05 PM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by thisisnotdanny

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/tw...mcfarlane-toy/

you guys see this?

You just messaged me on XBL didn't you?
StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:05 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by thisisnotdanny

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/tw...mcfarlane-toy/

you guys see this?

HaloGAF>Internet>HaloGAF
789shadow
Banned
(05-14-2012, 07:06 PM)
789shadow's Avatar

Originally Posted by thisisnotdanny

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/tw...mcfarlane-toy/

you guys see this?

That's so last OT.
Deadly Cyclone
Pride of Iowa State
(05-14-2012, 07:10 PM)
Deadly Cyclone's Avatar
I would like to know who runs AllGamesBeta. That site gets more leaks on every game than anywhere else.
Louis Wu
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:11 PM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

HaloGAF>Internet>HaloGAF

lol - that came from HBO, not here. :)
ElzarTheBam
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:12 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deadly Cyclone

I would like to know who runs AllGamesBeta. That site gets more leaks on every game than anywhere else.

This guy.

StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:12 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

lol - that came from HBO, not here. :)

It did? First I seen was a post from Daedalus?? I think
TheOddOne
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:14 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar
Holy shit fanart.




The Librarian
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(05-14-2012, 07:16 PM)
The Librarian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karl2177

So the Halo 3: ODST Facebook page picked up Dax's Hindsight ODST article(and I noticed Hydra liked it). It was a good read, much better than the previous ones. One thing that really stuck out to me was how you noticed the sky and the environment above you. Oddly enough in all of my ODST run-throughs, I hardly ever looked at the sky. Also, I'm so tempted to comment on the Facebook comments with "Dax sucks".

lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it! That'll be the format I'll follow for the successive entries. Took me a while to nail down the style/format but I think I finally got it.
Rickenslacker
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:16 PM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar
Dudes armoured up. Samus inexplicably not.

I will say those pictures almost make Reach armour look good.
Louis Wu
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:23 PM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

It did? First I seen was a post from Daedalus?? I think

Tawpgun... who got it here.

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Holy shit fanart.

Where did you find these?
J10
Banned
(05-14-2012, 07:23 PM)
J10's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dax01

I'm not interested in Forge because I don't like to invest the time in designing maps. I'm more eager to see the improvements 343 brings to the screenshot and theater features of the game.

Edit: I should note that Forge should be in the game and much improved upon.

You can still reap the benefits of Forge without actually using it by just enjoying what other people make with it.
Shake Appeal
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:24 PM)
Shake Appeal's Avatar
When did HaloGAF get so big and so fast?

It used to be just a few of us chilling in here, pre-Halo 3.

Or so it felt.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:24 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

Tawpgun... who got it here.


Where did you find these?

The more you know
daedalius
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:25 PM)
daedalius's Avatar
Enjoyed the Halogaf show guys. You can feel free to make use of my sultry baritone any time for your halo lore nerd needs.

Also, foodnipple.
Louis Wu
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:25 PM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shake Appeal

When did HaloGAF get so big and so fast?

It used to be just a few of us chilling in here, pre-Halo 3.

Or so it felt.

Who are you, again?
Tashi
343i Esports Producer
(05-14-2012, 07:26 PM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by daedalius

Enjoyed the Halogaf show guys. You can feel free to make use of my sultry baritone any time for your halo lore nerd needs.

Also, foodnipple.

:lol :lol
TheOddOne
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:26 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

Where did you find these?

Found them via All Games Beta.
Hypertrooper
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:27 PM)
Hypertrooper's Avatar
I hope or wish that 343i focuses more on the maps than Forge. I'm not saying that Forge should die like Invasion but I'm okay with an upgraded Reach's version. Disc maps are more important for me.
Shake Appeal
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:27 PM)
Shake Appeal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

Who are you, again?

You jest, Wu, but it hurts me.
thisisnotdanny
Banned
(05-14-2012, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

You just messaged me on XBL didn't you?

Yeah, I tried to add you but your list is full. I posted my name earlier and you said I could add you.
Last edited by thisisnotdanny; 05-14-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Biggest-Geek-Ever
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:29 PM)
Biggest-Geek-Ever's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Found them via All Games Beta.

Nick Fury's varsity team?
Louis Wu
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:29 PM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Found them via All Games Beta.

This is what I hate about them.

I'd love to know where those came from. Tineye doesn't know. They clearly didn't create them, and they're not leaks from a game... so why the fuck are they posting them? (And why can't they be bothered to credit their sources?)

Originally Posted by Shake Appeal

You jest, Wu, but it hurts me.

I jest because your absence from here makes me sad.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:31 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

This is what I hate about them.

I'd love to know where those came from. Tineye doesn't know. They clearly didn't create them, and they're not leaks from a game... so why the fuck are they posting them? (And why can't they be bothered to credit their sources?)


I jest because your absence from here makes me sad.


Ripped game models posed in Garry's mod then effects added via photoshop is my guess but I'm on my iPhone so I can't view them properly.
Tashi
343i Esports Producer
(05-14-2012, 07:32 PM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by thisisnotdanny

Yeah, I tried to add you but your list is full. I posted my name earlier and you said I could add you.

For real? When did I say that? I don't mean to sound like a dick, I'm just honestly curious
Louis Wu
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:33 PM)
Louis Wu's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

Ripped game models posed in Garry's mod then effects added via photoshop is my guess but I'm on my iPhone so I can't view them properly.

Possible. I'd love to see the source, because maybe the creator has done other cool stuff.
TheOddOne
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:33 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

This is what I hate about them.

I'd love to know where those came from. Tineye doesn't know. They clearly didn't create them, and they're not leaks from a game... so why the fuck are they posting them? (And why can't they be bothered to credit their sources?)

Yup, I hate when sites do that.
Spawnling
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:33 PM)
Spawnling's Avatar
New thread. Late, but new thread.
Gabotron ES
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:34 PM)
Gabotron ES's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

If they really have to make it blocky placey again, at least give people a gigantic flat space (like, BTB size) so people can make BTB sized maps without having to lower performance by making gigantic floors.

Also, don't release a disc a year after the game comes out that doesn't have your prime Forge map on it, splitting the community and forcing them to forge remakes out of remakes.

Is terrain editing even possible with the Halo engine, shadows and all.

What I most hate about Reach's forge is how two same plieces placed together can have totally different shadowing, did that happen in 3?
StalkerUKCG
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:34 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Louis Wu

Possible. I'd love to see the source, because maybe the creator has done other cool stuff.

Its something iv been toying with for a long time, I'll knock a few up for HaloGAF sometime.

I try to keep things as realistic as possible when I do stuff like this, for example samus clearly does not fit nor does lightning of remove them for a start
thisisnotdanny
Banned
(05-14-2012, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

For real? When did I say that? I don't mean to sound like a dick, I'm just honestly curious

I think it was in the previous OT and I just said that I wanted to play. I've been lurking NeoGAF for a while but I started posting recently .

BTW does anyone wanna play right now? I'm on...
Tawpgun
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:35 PM)
Tawpgun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shake Appeal

When did HaloGAF get so big and so fast?

It used to be just a few of us chilling in here, pre-Halo 3.

Or so it felt.

It's more or less the same size, its just now we complain more than we play.

Hopefully...


Thread Tools