• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| French Presidential Elect 2017 - La France est toujours insoumise; Le Pen loses

GAF Decides

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So either you buddy up with russia or eventually it'll be war? Is fillon even serious? Did I hear that right?
You did. He's been saying this for some time. I remember an interview in Le Monde a couple of months ago where he was pretty much saying the same thing: we need to ramp up our military efforts to fight Islamic totalitarism (or whatever he calls it) and we need to make peace with Russia.

I assume Fillon was on holiday when Sarkozy managed Crimea.
(Haha, googling Crimée, the first result is Sputnik quoting Fillon saying that Crimea is a Russian territory)

I wish Fillon would lose just to see his smug face discompose
If he loses, it's going to be the Ides of March at LR. There's no way he leads them through the législatives in that scenario.

They can talk with each other, of course, as can this "idiot" say what he previously said about that "marketing" stunt, even if it seems to displease you.
And you know, you shouldn't take what I said personally and be insulting...
It's going to be okay, don't worry.. the world is full of "idiots" it seems, you have to cope with that and be polite with those.

Zautruche

Banned
They can talk with each other, of course, as can this "idiot" say what he previously said about that "marketing" stunt, even if it seems to displease you.
And you know, you shouldn't take what I said personally and be insulting...
It's going to be okay, don't worry.. the world is full of "idiots" it seems, you have to cope with that and be polite with those.

Is this Trump's secret account where he tries to stop himself from projecting everything he does ?

I don't know, it sounded more like a child having a conversation with his daddy... :)

I'm sure saying a grown man is a child when he is just doing his job isn't insulting at all.

Hold your horses Mr Pujadas...
And what does Le Pen has to do with my comment on Macron ? :)

Or that isn't a personal attack.

I asked you a genuine question, you deflected and went for even more demeaning remarks. All you did is prove that your comment had no value regarding Macron's lack of experience.

Is this Trump's secret account where he tries to stop himself from projecting everything he does ?
(...) etc...

You are right, I insulted Macron, not you... HIM.
You replied with a question directed at me, regarding my views on a meeting about Le Pen and Putin... and that, reminded me of those interviews where, sometimes, Pujadas (or other journalists) attacks with those kind of questions :
"But do you like Putin ? Are you with Bachar Al Assad ? Oh so you like Venezuela ?"
etc.;

So it wasn't an insult, it was more a sarcasm to the kind of reply i had.

(But I note that you may hold Pujadas in low esteem to consider him to be an insult :))

Zautruche

Banned
You are right, I insulted Macron, not you... HIM.
You replied with a question directed at me, regarding my views on a meeting about Le Pen and Putin... and that, reminded me of those interviews where, sometimes, Pujadas (or other journalists) attacks with those kind of questions :
"But do you like Putin ? Are you with Bachar Al Assad ? Oh so you like Venezuela ?"
etc.;

So it wasn't an insult, it was more a sarcasm to the kind of reply i had.

(But I note that you may hold Pujadas in low esteem to consider him to be an insult :))

No shit you insulted him, for no valid reason (which is quite the accomplishment given his track record). Not for a single second I though this was directed at me. And to top it off, it changes nothing. You throw insulting comments and then complain I do the same to you.

Again you double down pretending not to do something obvious to everyone including you.
Keep it up, I'm sure no one see you trying so hard to deflect again and again.
You made those stupid comments, own them and stop behaving like an actual child.

When even LePen cancels I'd imagine it looks bad if you hold rallies.

Anyways stay safe Sunday French gaf

He targeted the police, she won't risk making them second guess or not bothering to go vote.

Alx

Anyways stay safe Sunday French gaf

I know you mean well, but it always annoys me when people say "stay safe" in such situations. It's fine, we don't have to cower in fear or have people worry about us. It's just life as usual here.

Ac30

I know you mean well, but it always annoys me when people say "stay safe" in such situations. It's fine, we don't have to cower in fear or have people worry about us. It's just life as usual here.

Sorry, I should know better, it was the same in Belgium after the bombings. Can't let them win.

If anything we should do a better job since a few of our citizens end up in France committing terrorist acts.

You know you're getting used to it when after the usual shock and consternation, you wonder if your wanker intern is going to somehow use it as an excuse to not show up at work tomorrow, which is a really tasteless and secondary concern. To be fair, the little shit has somehow lost three grandmothers and missed work because of a Uber accident.

You know you're getting used to it when after the usual shock and consternation, you wonder if your wanker intern is going to somehow use it as an excuse to not show up at work tomorrow, which is a really tasteless and secondary concern. To be fair, the little shit has somehow lost three grandmothers and missed work because of a Uber accident.

yvsS56e.png

Strange article in the BBC about why gay men are voting for the FN:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39641822/why-gay-french-men-are-voting-far-right

To be fair, their sample consisted of about two right wingers, but some interesting observations - particularly about the FN having the highest number of openly gay staff.

Is this really a thing, or is it just the BBC searching for an alternative spin/headline?

Gay people can be racist and hate poor people too and support right wing parties as a result.

I'm being somewhat snarky, but the truth is, there's some more gay support for the FN that you'd think because of the Muslim angle, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39641822/why-gay-french-men-are-voting-far-right

To be fair, their sample consisted of about two right wingers, but some interesting observations - particularly about the FN having the highest number of openly gay staff.

Is this really a thing, or is it just the BBC searching for an alternative spin/headline?
I think that has long as fillipot is there and MLP reigns the old nostalgic farts this might be valid but the day MMLP get the lead of the party this will disappears.

I just read Johann Sfar in le monde about the way he was harassed on social networks after some cartoons criticizing Mélenchon. The method reminds me of gamergate. Higher ups should denounce this, but they stay silent.

I don't like Sfar very much, but these methods are unacceptable.

There is more to it. It's what we call "homonationalisme", justifying hatred against muslims in the name of gay rights.

Some historic leader of the gay-right movement have denounced the rise of the far-right in the gay community.

Alx

I just read Johann Sfar in le monde about the way he was harassed on social networks after some cartoons criticizing Mélenchon. The method reminds me of gamergate. Higher ups should denounce this, but they stay silent.

Higher ups can't say much since what they do is legal, unfortunately. The internet and social networks are still "the Wild West", and trying to control/censor it isn't really well received (with good reasons).
I kind of hope that in the end social networks will just crumble because of that behaviour. They went from being for students, to being aimed at your grandma, to being used by professionals, corporations and politics, maybe the next step is for it to become a playground for "fouteurs de merde". At which point most regular people will just leave.

These kind of articles or people asking is this really happening is presupposing something. Being gay does not make you want open borders, not fearful of terrorists, lose a sense of national pride and to not keep its identity or have ideas other European countries are not taking French jobs due to factories closing and moving to Poland for example. These are just some French people.

azyless

These kind of articles or people asking is this really happening is presupposing something. Being gay does not make you want open borders, not fearful of terrorists, lose a sense of national pride and to not keep its identity or have ideas other European countries are not taking French jobs due to factories closing and moving to Poland for example. These are just some French people.
No but you'd expect some kind of solidarity with other members of the lgbt community against a party that wants to go back on marriage equality (adoption too probably), and whose founder was declaring a few years ago that we should quarantine people with HIV for the rest of their lives.
I have no respect for any gay person voting Le Pen or Fillon. Thankfully they're a minority and LGBT people still are mostly left wing.

Trickster

Should we take Le Pen's dip in polls to be a sign of something similar to Wilders from the Netherlands? Where as the election gets closer. Some people get cold feet about voting for the extreme candidate?

I would certainly take a great amount of pleasure in seeing her numbers drop a lot right up to the election

Sinsem

Should we take Le Pen's dip in polls to be a sign of something similar to Wilders from the Netherlands? Where as the election gets closer. Some people get cold feet about voting for the extreme candidate?

She can't lose much more. She's at 21.5% and she's getting closer to her base. She can maybe get down to 20%, but I really don't see her goign further down than that.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Mate, you are making some heavy presuppositions there as well. The question was about the validity of the article and to understand what was going on in the minds of these two BCBG gents and if it was a wider thing and if so why. Not a blanket assumption about ones politics vis sexual identity. Sheesh. Talk about supercillious and getting it all wrong.

I am not sure if you are really that aware of the history of the FN or the sort of people attracted by that party. It is perfectly acceptable to enquire why someone would vote against a party that could injure them, ot whether it was just media hype of a non event.

Mate, you are making some heavy presuppositions there as well. The question was about the validity of the article and to understand what was going on in the minds of these two BCBG gents and if it was a wider thing and if so why. Not a blanket assumption about ones politics vis sexual identity. Sheesh. Talk about supercillious and getting it all wrong.

You're really off there. Very cheap tactic trying to turn it back on me. Supercillious and getting it all wrong indeed.

To save time, my post and view was open ended and I'm relaying examples I've heard and read, peoples presuppositions.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ELABE recently released a poll with these results

24% Macron
21.5% Le Pen
20% Fillon
19.5% Melenchon
7% Hamon

Link
http://elabe.fr/wp-content/uploads/...tentions-de-vote-presidentielles-vague-10.pdf

Le Pen could potentially end up in third and maybe even fourth on sunday if she is really unlucky.

Poll also includes data on how sure voters are for voting for each candidate.

Macron steadily escaping the MoE of the other candidates. You'd basically need a systemic error and a fairly large one now for him not to be in 2R. Question is: who is his opponent?

Alx

Lol, Cazeneuve is doing a press conference in answer to Le Pen's call for action. Summary : "stop your bullshitting, Le Pen".
*e - Fillon's turn, now.

Condom

I would certainly take a great amount of pleasure in seeing her numbers drop a lot right up to the election
Very different because in the Netherlands the other parties emulated Wilders to get more votes and he still became second.

Green Yoshi

How much power does the president has? Does he need the support of the parliament? As far as I know "En marche" was founded ten months ago and is not represented in the parliament. Is it similar to the USA where the president needs the congress and senat for passing laws?

Macron is a pretty good candidate, isn't he? I mean both for France and the EU?

German politicans and media endorse him, but some politicians from the left party think that he is neoliberal and has no intention of changing the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom