• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Good Games [Patreon Launch] (Andrea Rene, Alexa Ray Corriea & More)

Fliesen

So, asking as a non-native speaker, "what's good?" basically means what's up, right?

Huh? "What's good?" is a pretty common expression in the states, at the very least.

yup. what's up, whats going on with you, etc.

giphy.gif

Will definitely give this a listen - but i'm not sure i'll find the time to listen to them on a weekly basis... my weekly podcast subscription list is already pretty crammed.
I enjoyed Alexa Ray's content on Polygon. I wish them best of luck.

Agreed, I'll be supporting this as soon as I get back to the office.

I think GB still needs more diversity but Austin and now they added a lady to GB East, are great first steps. Her name escapes me right now, but she loves Katamari so I'm all for her.

Abby. But didn't you hear? She was unsure how to pronounce 'Kojima' on her first Beastcast appearance. #fakegamergirl confirmed omgomg.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm taking a break from supporting any Patreons at the moment, but this might be one I'll check out in the future. I've always liked Andrea, and I think this could be a good complement to Easy Allies.

mrk8885

Banned
Very excited for this team up. These ladies are all pretty awesome and I'm excited to see the content start to roll out.

mrk8885

Banned
Alexa's an RPG powerhouse and I've been missing not getting her Persona 5 takes. And starting up right in time for fire emblem as well. good stuff.

Interesting! This is like Kinda Funny for me all over again. I got into KF because I was somewhat familiar with Colin & Greg, then learned to like the others. With this, I'm somewhat familiar with Andrea and Stiemer, so hopefully I can enjoy their gig as well. I've been needing to add another podcast to my line-up, but I find them really hard to get into when I'm not previously familiar with anyone on them. (Which is why I couldn't get into EZA or Giant Bomb)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm pretty sure CockHammer is a joke account guys.

As far as the Rene goes in relation to the Rainbow Six thing goes, there's more to it than that.

Rene was trying to play an Alpha of the game, but was having trouble getting the game to run. She mentioned having to go to shady sites to download stuff which none of us knew what she was talking about. I don't know if there was any clarification about it or if she responded to anyone asking back then.

zHUxVh1.png

I'm not a particular fan of any of these women so I'm not going to just throw money down, but I'll give a look to some of their videos that come out to see if they change my mind about them.

ReaperXL7

Love all these ladies in other roles they have been in. I'm down to support and listen if I enjoy the first few episodes of the Pod.

Can't support the patron, but I will gladly give this a listen when the first episode comes out.

Does anyone know when they plan on putting their first episode up?

Edit: Just saw above. Cool.

The audio problems made it a pain to listen to. Only got about 20 minutes in. Will try again next week.

Also the conversations up to that point I found to be really vanilla for the most part.

mrk8885

Banned
The audio problems made it a pain to listen to. Only got about 20 minutes in. Will try again next week.

Also the conversations up to that point I found to be really vanilla for the most part.

FWIW, the audio problems were much less on the audio only version. I had to turn off the video too.

Definitely don't agree about it being vanilla though. I really enjoyed the podcast.

Things might get better after that but all I heard up to the point I got to was stuff about how gender shouldn't matter for a character as long as it's a good character, open world games being too overwhelming, explaining stuff about Assassin's Creed, and other things I've heard so many times before. Can't remember much else of what t hey were talking about because of the audio cutoff :p lol

I'll try the audio version today.

R1CHO

As far as the Rene goes in relation to the Rainbow Six thing goes, there's more to it than that.

Rene was trying to play an Alpha of the game, but was having trouble getting the game to run. She mentioned having to go to shady sites to download stuff which none of us knew what she was talking about. I don't know if there was any clarification about it or if she responded to anyone asking back then.

zHUxVh1.png

I'm not a particular fan of any of these women so I'm not going to just throw money down, but I'll give a look to some of their videos that come out to see if they change my mind about them.

Oh shady Ubisoft and their shady Uplay

I would love an all female gaming podcast. But Andrea Rene ruins this for me. One of the biggest shills in the industry. Wish they would have gotten someone like Lucy O'Brien instead.

Budi

I would love an all female gaming podcast. But Andrea Rene ruins this for me. One of the biggest shills in the industry. Wish they would have gotten someone like Lucy O'Brien instead.

Aaaw. Andrea is the only one I know of them and I've liked her so far from what I've seen. Which isn't exactly a huge amount though.

mrk8885

Banned
Aaaw. Andrea is the only one I know of them and I've liked her so far from what I've seen. Which isn't exactly a huge amount though.
Hmm interesting. I havent seen Andreas stuff before this WGG podcast but she didn't come off as a "shill" or anything like that for me. The longest thing she talked about was Prey, mostly negative. I guess time will tell but I didn't get that vibe.

I'm mostly excited about Alexa's return to gaming. I really enjoyed her airship podcast before so I can't wait for her to get all RPG nerdy again. That FE heroes talk was a good start lol

wait where is the audio version

Same, she didn't come off to me that way at all when she was on the KF podcasts a few times, but I don't know much about her outside of that.

I was going to make time to watch the video but I might just download the audio version instead this first week.

I listen to way too many podcasts where it's a large group of dudes talking about games with a girl on occasionally as a guest so it'll be refreshing to consistently get the opinions of some knowledgeable ladies.

I don't know any of the hosts from anything else really so I'm getting to know them for the first time. I wish them well and fingers crossed it'll be good!

Flambe

Ehh Rene ruined most of the Weekend Confirmed episodes she was on (for me) and don't really know the others :/ Not gonna Patreon but maybe give it a shot if it there's a trial down the road.

Taxman

So I put the rss feed I got from Patreon into my podcast app (Beyondpod) back on the first day. The feed keeps jumping to the top fairly often when I update, indicating that there's something new, but the feed shows nothing. I have not had any problems with other Patreon rss feeds on this app. EZA for example works just fine. Anybody else have something like this happening? I want to listen to the first episode and see if I like it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
not a fan of Rene, but the rest of the cast looks solid. i can't contribute to it right now but will definitely keep it on my radar.

She gets a lot of shit for supposedly being a shill or whatever. I thought she held her own fine on Weekend Confirmed. She's got the right disposition to be the host and lead the discussion.

mrk8885

Banned
She gets a lot of shit for supposedly being a shill or whatever. I thought she held her own fine on Weekend Confirmed. She's got the right disposition to be the host and lead the discussion.

I've heard that criticism too and admittedly haven't heard much of her stuff.

But FWIW, she spent large parts of this podcast being negative about Prey and saying how the destiny 2 reveal was disappointing with lots she didn't like. Didn't give off any "shill" vibes to me.

This sounds right up my alley. Love the name to death! Also I used to really like Alexa on gamespot, ill take more of my fix.

I'm not joking, we are flooded with all-men gaming groups like Giant Bomb or Kinda Funny. Women NEED a voice in gaming to disown men of their sick control over the industry.
And you just lost a feminist from listening to you.

Poes law is a monster in either case.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Listened to episode 2, it was decent. I'm hoping for the people on the podcast to have some kind of quirks, a passion for a niche game noone cares about perhaps, or a specific genre, that makes it different from other podcasts. Like on Waypoint Radio, when they talk passionately about 4X games. Makes it interesting to listen to even though I don't really care about the genre.

But I don't want to be unfair since it's only the second episode. I'm sure I will warm up to it with time, as I have with other podcasts.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So after 4 episodes of their podcast, which includes their E3 predictions episode I just listened to, I feel like Alexa really carries the show. She seems to be the most knowledgeable by far, is funny and has clear opinions and is not afraid of voicing them.

So after 4 episodes of their podcast, which includes their E3 predictions episode I just listened to, I feel like Alexa really carries the show. She seems to be the most knowledgeable by far, is funny and has clear opinions and is not afraid of voicing them.
Personally I think they are all great.

Top Bottom