• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOR5

Why does Microsoft always go first. I don't get it.

However cool Scorpio announce is, they'll have to announce price.

At which point Sony can decide how low to go with their response.

Even if they hit $399 for Scorpio, Sony can guaranteed go out the very next day with a super appealing price for the Pro.

Not everything can be done last minute like the 'used games' vid

LordofPwn

So Microsoft wanted some space from Sony so that they take up a news day. Wonder if Sony will go earlier or stick with their usual time slot. Disappointing that Microsoft is going to Sunday, means Monday is really going to suck. EA and Ubi conferences haven't been great recently.

Also here's to hoping Scorpio impresses and that they have a great games lineup.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
zEX9R6.gif

daTRUballin

Glad to hear it. Normally I just sorta half watch while I'm at work. Will be able to focus on it while it's live this time then.

I do too, but 2 PM West and 5 PM East seems like a nice timeslot that shouldn't intersect with morning or evening services, at least for US audience.

Yeah, but our service is in the afternoon. It's from 1pm to 3pm. It would also take us until around 4pm to get back home, and considering the show starts at 2pm here in the west.......Yeah. Seems like I'm one of the unlucky ones. :/

modsbox

Not everything can be done last minute like the 'used games' vid

Understood, but they can of course prepare a price drop announcement for Pro and then remove it if they don't feel it's necessary. They'd be stupid not to prepare that.

Who gives a crap what Sony will do? Just focus on what MS has to do.

Agree that they shouldn't focus on what Sony is doing, but they absolutely should care. They don't exist in a vacuum.

That's not how business works.

Sure it is. This is why PS4 and XB1 prices are as low as they are now, because of the competition between the two firms. PS4 did better out of the gate because it was perceived a better value at the same price. XB1 dropped price, Sony followed suit, etc.

Scorpio's price has to look reasonable against PS4 Pro price or it won't have a good launch. And now Sony can see what they land with and decide whether to drop Pro price or not. There's no simpler way for Sony to combat an impressive Scorpio presentation than with an appealing price cut on pro.

I don't think Sony will be able to take MS slot if they are doing the live theater conferences. Maybe if Ubisoft takes it and then Sony takes the Ubisoft slot.

Anyways, I'm hyped. Need to see what the Scorpio is all about.

Posting this again just because I've now convinced myself. I'm betting on the name being "Xbox infinite" or something similiar. Plays along with their strange numbering schemes as well as their marketing talk about going "beyond generations".

panzone

I don't know about this:

1) every year I was taking dinner with friends while looking at the conference (CET).
2) But Sunday can be more easy to organize
3) But at 23:00 you can't really have a dinner

I'm very conflicted about this.

Theorry

I don't know about this:

1) every year I was taking dinner with friends while looking at the conference (CET).
2) But Sunday can be more easy to organize
3) But at 23:00 you can't really have a dinner

I'm very conflicted about this.

Beer time then.

Very interesting move, not only switching the media briefing to Sunday, but also announcing it so much earlier then they had in previous years.

I think the move to Sunday is a great choice. It will be much easier for many to watch. It also gives some additional breathing room between the other conferences, especially Sony.

In the past few years, one of the issues I've had with Xbox's E3 briefings has been reused trailers and demos from other conferences. Not only has Bethesda had Sunday conferences the past 2 years, but EA was on a Sunday last year as well. This meant seeing the same Fallout 4 and BF1 trailers at MS's show 12 hours after they were show at Bethesda/EA's showing.

My one disappointment with this news, and more so the timing of the announcement, is that it more than likely points to Xbox not having a dedicated Scorpio event. This means a longer wait time to get official info on Scorpio, and also less time for showing off games at E3 (unless they opt for a longer show than their regular 90 minutes).

Posting this again just because I've now convinced myself. I'm betting on the name being "Xbox infinite" or something similiar. Plays along with their strange numbering schemes as well as their marketing talk about going "beyond generations".

Infinite and Infinity where among the top rumored names for the Xbox One (along with Xbox Fusion), before the official reveal. It makes me think it's a less likely name for Scorpio.

Branding will be crucial. They need to convey that this shares all games and accessories with Xbox One (with the possible exception of VR), while also being a significant leap forward in technology.

kpaadet

A worse time slot for me, but I'll probably still stay up and watch it. The E3 conferences are just too fun/awkward to miss.

Aww what the hell Microsoft!!! I am at the Download festival that weekend!!! Was hoping I would be home on the Monday in time for the conference! I won't be able to follow it at all live.

Will need to have a neogaf black out until I can catch up!

Welfare

Just gonna cross post this from the other thread but I wonder if they'll do more than the 90 minutes they did years prior if they are premiering Scorpio at E3.

Also will it still be on Spike.

I love the idea of Microsoft on Sunday & Bethesda later that night. The third-parties get their conferences on Monday morning/afternoon and Sony ends the day with their conference and then Nintendo kicks off E3 on Tuesday morning with a Direct.

Perfect!

I don't think Sony will be able to take MS slot if they are doing the live theater conferences. Maybe if Ubisoft takes it and then Sony takes the Ubisoft slot.

Yeah, that's a good point. I think they like that prime time slot where they can do those theater simulcasts too. Both of their last E3s were huge shows.

Mihalis0013

Neo Member
I wonder if MS is holding off the Scorpio reveal for E3 because they decided that an event just to reveal the hardware isn't good enough to fill an hour. Maybe this will be 10-15 minutes of hardware and then 45 minutes of games, games, games.

Theorry

I wonder if MS is holding off the Scorpio reveal for E3 because they decided that an event just to reveal the hardware isn't good enough to fill an hour. Maybe this will be 10-15 minutes of hardware and then 45 minutes of games, games, games.

Think its a big chance. They probably saw the response on the Pro reveal also. Sure they are "new" console. But not that new like the PS4 and Xbox One reveal.

I'm interested but damn.......this means most of the conference will be more about the system than games. This possibly does not bode well for a meaty game conference. I'm getting Sony PS3 reveal type E3 conference which sucked so bad

???????????????????????????

Come on, the conference isn't going to be solely on a board and some chips. I imagine they will actually show some, you know, games running on the thing?

???????????????????????????

Come on, the conference isn't going to be solely on a board and some chips. I imagine they will actually show some, you know, games running on the thing?

Lol. Do people think they'll just bring out the wafer and wave it around or something? Of course they are going to show games on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom