• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I'd say Thor, Stranger Things, & Captain Marvel were the biggest winners of Comic-Con this year.
Justice League was the biggest opinion swing anyone's had on anything. Coming of the engendered good will off Wonder Woman and a remarkably solid trailer? DC is in the best spot they've been in ages, SS trailer be damned. Plus they told us in so many words that they are getting rid of literally everything in the DCEU save WW via Flashpoint. Plus they can go really wild and
bring back Steve too.

Malyse, I'm surprised you didn't dip in that Disney thread. Bronx, what's your opinion on Stranger Things? I'm curious.

Just was in the recommendation thread and noticed All Def Digital put out a best fried chicken episode and since y'all have that shit in our questionnaire I know y'all interested in this debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2xrUEwXCrs

I see they got biscuits too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHTkuJOmCFE

They have me dying on Popeye's biscuits!

Shy

So i don't know shit about comics. (just what i pick up through osmosis)

But i always thought that Marvel couldn't use skrulls because they belong to the Fantastic Four.
Which is why i thought they never used them in the first Avengers film. (they seemed a better fit to be the invasion force)

Are the Chitauri made up for the films, or do they exist in the comics too ?

LionPride

Banned

But i always thought that Marvel couldn't use skrulls because they belong to the Fantastic Four.
Which is why i thought they never used them in the first Avengers film. (they seemed a better fit to be the invasion force)

Chitauri exist

They can't use the main Skrull that is the Fantastic Four Super Skrull, Kl'rt, anything else is fine

Slayven

Marvel can use Skrulls, they can't use one specific skrull.

They were going to be in the Avengers movie but Joss Whedon didn't want to waste them just as foot soldiers

Chitarui exist in comics, they were from an alternative universe where they were a subspieces of Skrulls

Shy

Chitauri exist

They can't use the main Skrull that is the Fantastic Four Super Skrull, Kl'rt, anything else is fine
Marvel can use Skrulls, they can't use one specific skrull.

They were going to be in the Avengers movie but Joss Whedon didn't want to waste them just as foot soldiers

Chitarui exist in comics, they were from an alternative universe where they were a subspieces of Skrulls
Ahhhh. Righto

The Whedon made a good point.

akira28

I always thought the Chitari were faceless no name mooks that exist when Marvel needs a large and vague yet credible threat to be taken care of in the span of a single issue or two. They definitely didn't deserve to be the stars of their own Earth invasion movie.

Slayven

Ahhhh. Righto

The Whedon made a good point.

Plus the last act would have to have been rewritten. Blowing up a Space Wirelss Router wouldn't have made sense for the skrulls

I always thought the Chitari were faceless no name mooks that exist when Marvel needs a large and vague yet credible threat to be taken care of in the span of a single issue or two. They definitely didn't deserve to be the stars of their own Earth invasion movie.
That is how the Ultimate Universe used them

Shy

Plus the last act would have to have been rewritten. Blowing up a Space Wirelss Router wouldn't have made sense for the skrulls

That is how the Ultimate Universe used them
Ahhh. Makes sense.

I always wondered why.

Should of just asked earlier. LOL.

The film Hackers is so unbelievable because there is no way Richard Gill would be with a black woman

Just reading that MS fiscal year thread and you forget that some people don't know who the real insiders are for gaming side. Fool's out there arguing with Matt

Faustek

So if I get this right Danvers has not been on earth since because we all know that piece of shit would have shown up during the events from the 90s to now. Can we assume she goes Binary in this movie and spends her time being an asshole on space somewhere with the Kree? Or because she's young something something frozen, time vortex or whatever.

Tip of the day, do not mistaken Brie for Bree, Sheen's ex as you Google pictures.

Poor Cyborg and his Transformers Megatron CGI body
Got swole for no reason

You never need a reason to get swole. 💪

LionPride

Banned
Got you hyped?

So like, no not at all. But now I have the morbid curiosity to pick up the show again because Bruce is in a proto-Batman costume, met up with Ra's, fought Jerome/Joker(Who had his face cut off then reapplied), all the while Jim is facing the Batman storyline of "You're the reason Gotham is the fucking worst" and Penguin/Riddler's romance is put on ice, literally, and Selina is kinda doing shit but not really....

Like fuck the show just keeps going

akira28

Gotham sounds like that super natural soap opera with the witches and leprechauns and how one day they went from regular soap opera to just deeper and deeper into the fuckery rabbit hole.

Slayven

Ever be talking about movie and it seems like somebody saw a completely different movie then you?

So like, no not at all. But now I have the morbid curiosity to pick up the show again because Bruce is in a proto-Batman costume, met up with Ra's, fought Jerome/Joker(Who had his face cut off then reapplied), all the while Jim is facing the Batman storyline of "You're the reason Gotham is the fucking worst" and Penguin/Riddler's romance is put on ice, literally, and Selina is kinda doing shit but not really....

Like fuck the show just keeps going

I remember when Selina first showed up, she was too old looking to be hanging around Bruce

LionPride

Banned
Ever be talking about movie and it seems like somebody saw a completely different movie then you?

I remember when Selina first showed up, she was too old looking to be hanging around Bruce
I think she's like a year or two older than the dude playin Bruce, he's 16 and she's either 17 or 18 I believe

LotusHD

Banned

I get that people still prefer SM2 or Raimi's Peter or whatever, but my god, the conversations that revolve around comparing it to what SMH did wrong has already gotten quite exhausting when people don't even remember basic shit about Homecoming.

LionPride

Banned
I get that people still prefer SM2 or Raimi's Peter or whatever, but my god, the conversations that revolve around comparing it to what SMH did wrong has already gotten quite exhausting when people don't even remember basic shit about Homecoming.

I lowkey now know what the stable members of DCEU Gaf felt like when niggas couldn't remember shit bout BvS

Cause half of the complaints bout that movie came down to niggas not payin attention

Slayven

I give Raimi his due, but any depiction that doesn't have the jokes can't be definitive of spiderman

I give Raimi his due, but any depiction that doesn't have the jokes can't be definitive of spiderman

but he was poor and sad tho
Nah the dude who forced us to see that movie immediately saw the bullshit and we've been giving him shit ever since lol

man i still can't believe that scene in the cave with the cobra alien actually was given the go-ahead

you got to be a dumb motherfucker to think that's not gonna get ripped to shreds

Numb

Didn't know who they were then and still don't
I guess they served their original purpose

LotusHD

Banned
I lowkey now know what the stable members of DCEU Gaf felt like when niggas couldn't remember shit bout BvS

Cause half of the complaints bout that movie came down to niggas not payin attention

I mean, I get it, it's not like I've never been there before. Where you really aren't that fond of a movie, and unfortunately you don't remember every little thing when you're constructing your argument against it. That said, when someone corrects me, I usually let it go instead of moving the goalposts, or saying that said correction doesn't count because reasons.

I agree.

Numb

but he was poor and sad tho

man i still can't believe that scene in the cave with the cobra alien actually was given the go-ahead

you got to be a dumb motherfucker to think that's not gonna get ripped to shreds

The dumbest scientists in space
Still not seeing the sequel

NoName999

Also: The Skrulls were definitely part of the Fantastic Four movie rights package that Marvel sold to Fox. The fact that Marvel is using them could just be because they share custody of the Skrulls, just like they shared Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver with Sony. Maybe Marvel has always had the right for Avengers to fight Skrulls in movie theaters.

denzel.jpg

jmood88

So this woman I was talking to turned out to not only be an Alex Jones fan but also a Trump voter. I don't know how I got lucky enough to get in contact with one of the 5 black women in America who likes those two but it resulted in me blocking a number for the first time in my life.

Numb

So this woman I was talking to turned out to not only be an Alex Jones fan but also a Trump voter. I don't know how I got lucky enough to get in contact with one of the 5 black women in America who likes those two but it resulted in me blocking a number for the first time in my life.
If they follow Alex then Trump doesn't come as surprise

Johndoey

Banned
Gotham is a weird show. They did a freaking Court of Owls arc in the last season and had the Mad Hatter play a major role in that season too.
Yeah because unlike most Comic Book shows they commit to the nonsense. Everything is doable in Gotham, last with raptor hand? Great. Penguin blowing up Azrael? Totally. Riddler/Penguin romance? Sure. Rage virus storyline? Put that in the pot. It's never not interesting.
---
Alex Jones appeals to people that already tend towards conspiracies and fear of government, so I get that more or less.
At some point Jones spews such a variety of awful garbage that there's bound to be something for everyone.

I don't get these so called journalists. Do they live in a rock or something? Do they not even care about their jobs? Like how do you even not know the basic stuff? Also the rights were clarified after Guardians 2 were these so called journalists even paying attention? How do these people even have a job?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I don't get these so called journalists. Do they live in a rock or something? Do they not even care about their jobs? Like how do you even not know the basic stuff? Also the rights were clarified after Guardians 2 were these so called journalists even paying attention? How do these people even have a job?

They only care about headlines and clicks. Editors are non-existent and fact checkers have been laid off. It's really sad when you get more accurate news from a random YouTube clip in some cases.

I know there is a small, but dedicated and vocal group of black people who love Trump. When I lived in Texas they contacted me during the election to help. I listened to their pitch which basically was "We are the 'good ones' and want to prove it by supporting Trump." I declined, but it was just fucking weird. I see black people on twitter being as racist as they can against other black folks to get "approval" from racist whites. I am not talking about the fake black people accounts, I am talking about people who do video commentary calling out all black leaders and trying to suck up to racists as much as possible. Of course they have huge followings because most racists want to prove how they aren't racist.

It's all just sickening.

Beefy

The dumbest scientists in space
Still not seeing the sequel

I like the new Alien film. Dude see's David experimenting on Aliens and hears David talking about making the perfect alien. Dude follows David into cave with egg look things and sticks his face right up to one. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom