• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Palmer_v1
(09-08-2017, 06:19 PM)
Was the balance okay? This one was tough to gauge cause it's really hard to put a value on all the private chats.

Did the bookies not work out? I was mostly excited by that role.
nin1000
Banned
(09-08-2017, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

Was the balance okay? This one was tough to gauge cause it's really hard to put a value on all the private chats.

I was really excited but we got unlucky.
The role is something I would love to see come back.
CrimsonFist
(09-08-2017, 06:27 PM)

Not sure about the Town Hookers, but aside from that it seemed fine.
Karkador
Banned
(09-08-2017, 06:37 PM)

Bookies, Priests, and Loved seemed to have no effect on the game. Hookers didn't know about Virgin, which was slightly bastardish, but I guess it worked out.

Trackers hit nothing, oh well.

Mailmen and Silencers worked out, but in rather odd and unintended (?) ways. It wasn't a huge boon for Town though.

3 seemed like the right number of scum, but scum was pretty short on powers. Thankfully, Town bought the Town Hooker claim, so our roleblocker lived a long life. We also didn't use the ninja shots up quickly. I think a less experienced scum team would have burned through the usefulness of their roles a lot quicker, so it was a game designed for more advanced players.

I guess balance wise, the fact that powers didn't really do a whole lot kept the balance of 3 scum / 12 town intact. In terms of roles, though, I'd say it could have been a bit more eventful and intruiging.
Xbro
(09-08-2017, 06:42 PM)
Silencers actually struck very true. Recall that the only time Scum was lynched was when their chat was silenced.
hey_monkey
Banned
(09-08-2017, 07:28 PM)
We did, but scum played it very well.

I think the game felt well balanced. Certain roles not having an impact is just one of those things that can happen based on play.

Also HI PALMER <3
CrimsonFist
(09-08-2017, 07:33 PM)
First rule of designing a game is that the most interesting roles will never get used and die early.
Ty4on
(09-08-2017, 08:06 PM)
Roles that are affected by the lynch target feel a bit counterproductive. I spent less time on the D1 lynch than I otherwise would because I had a stake with my role. If I hadn't focused on getting the command in I might have instead changed my vote.

It was an interesting concept to get a dead couple into the chat, but I feel like it'd be better to have a different way of activating it. Maybe limited shots and after the fact initialization instead of a penalty for lynching scum when activated.
Zippedpinhead
(09-08-2017, 11:29 PM)
Read through the end game and saw that Love boat 1 is canon! I found that really funny.

Congrats karkador and the rest of the scum team!