• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look of Metro: Last Light on PS4

amar212

Original leak heavily hinted that both Metro games will be part of "Metro Redux".

There is a italian screengrab somewhere.

If truly 60fps - damn. I didn't expect that TBH

It will be glorius, my personal PS4 game of the summer

I hope they fixed AI freezes and how Ranger mode will be there from start for a that played both games on previous consoles

Superior Russian voiceovers FTW

Never got around to playing my two copies of 2033 on PC. However this package with both 2033 and Last Light is pretty tempting for PS4.

Bundy

Banned
hWAfJAl.png

amar212

So $60 for the PC version minus some effects confirmed?

Tough sell considering the complete edition on PC is $13.

I do not have PC. I have 800$ Macintosh for everything sans gaming and 400$ console.

How much should I additionaly pay for the PC so I can play 13$ game?

Kinthalis

Banned
It's a rather demanding game, though, so it's fair to suggest that there are plenty of people with PCs unable to run the game properly.

I maxed it out on my PC but ended up limiting the frame-rate to 30 fps in order to maintain consistency.

Well, it's not like the PS4 version will be equal to maxed PC version anyway.

Leb

The engine guys at 4A are an extremely underrated bunch. They haven't made much of a splash on the consoles yet, but trust me, if anyone can port 2033 and LL with most of the effects intact, and at 1080p/60fps (PS4, at least), it's going to be the 4A guys. Incidentally, 2033 will be the more interesting port, from a technical standpoint, since curiously, it uses considerably more expensive effects than LL and runs considerably worse on comparable PC hardware.

Also, I'll be very interested to see if they refactor Ranger mode for LL as the current implementation is actually pretty barebones and amounts to little more than a frequently frustrating afterthought.

Regardless, you console folks are in for a real treat come August or whenever.

rashbeep

Banned
Impressive that they hit 60fps (assuming it's 1080p as well). I wonder what the quality of the effects have been set to.

Raptor

Just looking at that it makes want to play it right now.

Will buy this whenever they release it.

They have earned my money with this game, is the best FPS I have ever played ever I think.

I'd probably be more inclined to buy this before I pick up The Last Of Us Remastered. I missed out on the new Metro, mostly because I was tired of low res games on PS3. I'm very excited about this port, I'm open to pretty much any last gen game getting upgraded on the new consoles.

Question:

Is this just Last Light? Or is this both games? For some reason I was thinking it was both. Maybe I'm totally wrong.

Edit: Oh, I see someone else above was wondering about this too. I guess it's somewhat unclear.

RoKKeR

Question:

Is this just Last Light? Or is this both games? For some reason I was thinking it was both. Maybe I'm totally wrong.

Edit: Oh, I see someone else above was wondering about this too. I guess it's somewhat unclear.
The rumor is both but that's of course unconfirmed.

The rumor is both but that's of course unconfirmed.

Thanks! I really hope it is both. Would love to play them both. (I played half of the first, but my laptop doesn't really cut it, and I quit because I couldn't handle the performance.) If it's just Last Light... Eh. I don't know it would be worth $60.

Pryce

Metro LL ran like shit on PS3. You give me a stable framerate and a pretty game and I'll buy for sure.

Not full price though, but at some point.

Demon Ice

Banned
I know it's silly to judge frame rate from a vine but that looked like 60 FPS.

Edit: Oh good, I'm not crazy. Nice job, devs. I wonder if there will be any PhysX-esque effects on the smoke and particles.

I never played any of the Metro games, how are the graphics and the gameplay??

Graphics = some of the best, up there with Crytek
Gameplay = solid single player FPS, way better than Killzone Shadow Fall, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 and other shitty FPS's out there
Gameplay in Last Light is better compared to 2033, but they might fix it

Both Metro games are two very good shooters. They have their faults, but overall they are two good games. Good choice for a port. Looking forward to read and see more.

Graphics = some of the best, up there with Crytek
Gameplay = solid single player FPS, way better than Killzone Shadow Fall, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 and other shitty FPS's out there
Gameplay in Last Light is better compared to 2033, but they might fix it
That's awesome I'll definitely check it out! By your impressions it seems to be a Crytek graphic game with decent gameplay! Is there any info on the release date???

That's awesome I'll definitely check it out! By your impressions it seems to be a Crytek graphic game with decent gameplay! Is there any info on the release date???

In some aspects the graphics are better and in some aspects they are worse. The games mostly take place in underground environments (especially 2033). All the lights are dynamic and the lighting generally is of very high quality

Top Bottom