• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
To my fellow commissioners, what do you do to make the league better or more fun? I just started putting together weekly power rankings which everyone likes. Yahoo has a record book that I'm considering transferring to a spreadsheet so everything is more permanent, and I also want to make a matchup records sheet.
I do weekly power rankings and weekly awards. Once it gets closer to playoffs I'll post what needs to be done to get in the playoffs. Thought about doing videos but too busy right now.

The power rankings is pretty self-explanatory. The awards I give out is for best player, highest scoring team, best bench, biggest blowout, best pickup, worst decision, lucky team of the week etc. Also I post pics/gifs of funny plays that happen during the week.

Ideally I also want to make a webpage to keep information etc but I need to checkup on that later.

ZOONAMI

Wait, what?

I was also confused by that. Dropped him after the first game then? I could see dropping him at some point over the last couple weeks but after week 1 hell no. Someone in my league dropped Sammy Watkins and I picked him up, because he’s had a tough schedule and he’s too talented to not start feeding him the ball more, just like cooper. I hope Watkins turns it around too.

After missing the Cooper train this week, I'm left to decided who my starting WR1 should be. TY Hilton or Sammy Watkins. Both have shitty defensive matchups, but Hilton has been far more consistent.

Edwardo

To my fellow commissioners, what do you do to make the league better or more fun? I just started putting together weekly power rankings which everyone likes. Yahoo has a record book that I'm considering transferring to a spreadsheet so everything is more permanent, and I also want to make a matchup records sheet.

We send all the bad trades offers we receive to our commish and he takes the worst of them each week and posts them in our FB group.

He does power rankings every other week too.

ryan299

Should I trade gurley for McCoy and either Fitzgerald or Tate?

Keel reading that due to his schedule gurley isn't going to do as well and McCoy should equal him.

bigkrev

Our league is in it's 9th year (we have gone from 10 to 12 teams and some people have left, but most of us have been in it since the start), and the commish does historical power rankings each year based on your overall performance in the league

Ravens D was gold for me

Me too. Was great to see that many points on a Thursday with all of the byes this week.

Having a hard time deciding between Matt Ryan and DeShaun Watson at QB. Do I take Ryan, who has been shitty all year but is playing the Jets, or Watson, who has been great but has to go into Seattle?

I hate every site that told me to stream Miami defense so fucking much right now

it sucks but it's difficult to predict how a defense will do since there's so many variables

Depending on size of your league, I wouldn't have said it was a bad one to stream since the ravens have such a poor offense but hindsight is 20/20

Edwardo

I need to pick up a kicker and WR in my 14 team league.

The problem is.. I don't know who to drop.

My options are:
Mike Wallace
Ryan Succop
James Conner

I wanted to hold onto Succop because he's been putting up some really good points for me. So if I drop Conner the I know someone will claim him on waivers next week because I have Bell.

jfkgoblue

it sucks but it's difficult to predict how a defense will do since there's so many variables

Depending on size of your league, I wouldn't have said it was a bad one to stream since the ravens have such a poor offense but hindsight is 20/20
Yeah I know. Defense is definitely the wildcard.
Me too. Was great to see that many points on a Thursday with all of the byes this week.

Having a hard time deciding between Matt Ryan and DeShaun Watson at QB. Do I take Ryan, who has been shitty all year but is playing the Jets, or Watson, who has been great but has to go into Seattle?
I am having this exact same predicament, I’m leaning toward Ryan though.

natjjohn

Watson has been so good, but if he was gonna lay up a dud performance this game seems like it could be it. On the road, hostile environment against a tough D, and controversy with the owner. Ryan’s been terrible but this seems like a winning matchup

man, i swear theres this one guy in our keeper league who is the luckiest sob year after year.

i hate referring to people as lucky, because i believe that you make your own luck. but god damn this guy gets away with everything.

big match between me and him and he streamed goff, not just on goffs biggest day of the season.... but on his most impossible day. so damn frustrated. i'd be tearing him up this week if that didnt happen. the rest of his team put out nothing. he had goff and kamara put up 90% of his points

going into tonight ahead 8 points, but he has tate to play :(

this is essentially for the wildcard spot in playoffs ( 3 division winners, 1 WC)

man, i swear theres this one guy in our keeper league who is the luckiest sob year after year.

i hate referring to people as lucky, because i believe that you make your own luck. but god damn this guy gets away with everything.

big match between me and him and he streamed goff, not just on goffs biggest day of the season.... but on his most impossible day. so damn frustrated. i'd be tearing him up this week if that didnt happen. the rest of his team put out nothing. he had goff and kamara put up 90% of his points

going into tonight ahead 8 points, but he has tate to play :(

this is essentially for the wildcard spot in playoffs ( 3 division winners, 1 WC)

I grabbed and started Goff last minute over stupid Matt Ryan and look like I will win because of him. Probably leave him in rest of the season because it's clear Matty Ice has melted.

Manus

This has been one crazy year for fantasy it seems. I drafted Rogers and he got hurt then picked up Deshaun Watson now I don't know who to pick up.

Might grab Tyrod Taylor since he's still available.

natjjohn

This has been one crazy year for fantasy it seems. I drafted Rogers and he got hurt then picked up Deshaun Watson now I don't know who to pick up.

Without double checking think he has a good schedule and a great playoff schedule

Definitely grab TT.

What sucks for me is all my top WRs are fine but they've lost the QBs you mentioned - I have Jordy Nelson and Deandre Hopkins. At least Hopkins did something this week but Nelson is now basically useless.

Top Bottom