• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contracts change all the time. And keep in mind that this was a contract with Activision, not Microsoft. If MS paid for an exclusive, that fact is nowhere in the contract.
No kidding.
My point was that we already know this will be out for 360, Durango, Orbos and PC since that's what said contract states.

RoKKeR

Just had a weird and slightly unrelated revelation about this. I can't pre-order Destiny at my local GameStop because I'll be living in Nashville at Vanderbilt. Interesting to think about where I'll be when his game releases.

Vire

Considering you can now sign in with your Playstation account on Bungie.net, I think it's pretty safe to assume it's coming to Sony platforms.

Mifune

Mehmber
No kidding.
My point was that we already know this will be out for 360, Durango, Orbos and PC since that's what said contract states.

No, the contract only states Xbox platforms, PC, and MAYBE PS3 for the first game. The later ones would be on all platforms though.

Unless I've read it all wrong and I apologize.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Dear God please let this come onto PS4. The artwork for the enemies and the game world in general looks shit hot. Hopefully it isn't Durango exclusive and all games inevitability come on PS4

Considering you can now sign in with your Playstation account on Bungie.net, I think it's pretty safe to assume it's coming to Sony platforms.

I don't understand how this is the reason you say it's "safe to assume"... The ability to sign in to their website with a PSN account (relatively easy work to do) is much different than them creating the game for the PS3/PS4. We know Bungie is working on a Playstation version, but it may not be out until 2014/2015, based on the leaked contracts.

"From the creators of Halo".

Kinda feels like Destiny is in fact going to be timed exclusive (next gen), why else would MS allow Activision to use the Halo name in their marketing?

Os is that permitted by law?

Yawnier

Banned
Dear God please let this come onto PS4. The artwork for the enemies and the game world in general looks shit hot. Hopefully it isn't Durango exclusive and all games inevitability come on PS4

game-blender-7-kaz-hirai-histerically-laughing-ps-vita-release-date.jpg

I'm hoping that this game is going to be on the PS4 as well, some signs seem to be pointing towards it.

Vire

I don't understand how this is the reason you say it's "safe to assume"... The ability to sign in to their website with a PSN account (relatively easy work to do) is much different than them creating the game for the PS3/PS4. We know Bungie is working on a Playstation version, but it may not be out until 2014/2015, based on the leaked contracts.

I said it's safe to say it's coming to Sony platforms. Where did I say it would come out at the same time?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Has the double o seven thing been discussed?

TjroDlO.png

Odd.
Odd indeed. Doesn't even match up with the faction logos.

No, the contract only states Xbox platforms, PC, and MAYBE PS3 for the first game. The later ones would be on all platforms though.

Unless I've read it all wrong and I apologize.
You read it wrong. It's coming to PS3. Whether it's coming in 2013 or 2014 is the debatable bit.

Squire

Banned

Why would you add PSN functionality to the site when it won't used for two years?

PS4 at launch? Maybe not. PS3? Almost definitely.

FyreWulff

Haha oh my god. That's almost sinful.

added box pic

anyway, no permission is needed. There's even a disclaimer at the bottom of the poster that says Microsoft is not affiliated with the game.

NilE0Fi.png

"Halo is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp. in the US and/or other countries. Microsoft is the not the publisher of Destiny. Activision has no affiliation with Halo."

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft gets some exclusive halo style armor / weapons and maybe an exclusive map or two but that's it.

The contract states it will be on both platforms as well as PC so there shouldn't be any question about that.

Vire

It'll be interesting how the port parity will be given Bungies lack of experience with the Playstation architecture. I'll probably end up with the Xbox version...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft gets some exclusive halo style armor / weapons and maybe an exclusive map or two but that's it.

The contract states it will be on both platforms as well as PC so there shouldn't be any question about that.
That would be pretty damn awesome, but for some reason I don't see it happening.

Also Destiny 1 won't be on PC.

Eideka

Banned
We have the 2010 contract. It's just that people have been wondering if it's still the same in 2013.

That PS3 would also be a year late if it stuck to it.

destiny2eruax.png

Is there hope that the terms of the contract have changed ?

I would welcome such game on PC, alas that won't happen in 2013.

The publishers of Call of Duty thing is being over exaggerated. Bungie isn't in the same spot Infinity Ward is, who is owned by Activision. Their just trying to get money from those who don't keep up with the gaming news. I'm sorry that Bungie is a business, everyone.

Even if MS bought a timed exclusivity, I can't see it being worth it for Activision. Releasing a year later on PC and other systems will undoubtedly affect the games sales on that platforms. I suppose buying the exclusivity could make up the disparity though.

Vire

We have the 2010 contract. It's just that people have been wondering if it's still the same in 2013.

That PS3 would also be a year late if it stuck to it.

destiny2eruax.png

Given that this contract was made 3 years ago, sounds like they didn't have the foresight to know when the generation was ending. It would be a little ridiculous to release a PS3 game in 2014, no?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it was strictly all next gen at this point. It does seem extra intriguing that the 360 and PS3 logos were nowhere to be seen on that poster.

StuBurns

Banned
Even if MS bought a timed exclusivity, I can't see it being worth it for Activision. Releasing a year later on PC and other systems will undoubtedly affect the games sales on that platforms. I suppose buying the exclusivity could make up the disparity though.
If it's MS exclusive for year, I seriously doubt it's because MS paid for it. Timed exclusives aren't just exclusive for a period, they keep silent about the other SKUs until the contract allows, and Bungie hasn't hid there are PlayStation versions in developed, they've advertised for PS3 experienced staff, and they've integrated PSN into their site. That could just be because once the contract leaked they couldn't hide it though, who knows.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given that this contract was made 3 years ago, sounds like they didn't have the foresight to know when the generation was ending. It would be a little ridiculous to release a PS3 game in 2014, no?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it was strictly all next gen at this point. It does seem extra intriguing that the 360 and PS3 logos were nowhere to be seen on that poster.

They've hired a ton of PS3 programmers, so I'd be surprised if there weren't current gen versions as well.

Is there hope that the terms of the contract have changed ?

I would welcome such game on PC, alas that won't happen in 2013.

Someone on the forum said their Bungie friend said it was somewhat different now, but I have no idea if this person actually has a Bungie friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom