• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Firemind

All this theorycrafting. I just inherited a lvl. 3 skill and it takes about 500 SP to learn it. This will take all of my stamina for a couple of weeks just to learn ONE skill.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All this theorycrafting. I just inherited a lvl. 3 skill and it takes about 500 SP to learn it. This will take all of my stamina for a couple of weeks just to learn ONE skill.

Arena is a good way to farm SP IMO. My Roy and Ephraim had a ton of SP from a bunch of Arena matches.

Cerium

Arena is a good way to farm SP IMO. My Roy and Ephraim had a ton of SP from a bunch of Arena matches.
It really isn't enough though. They should definitely make it easier to grind considering that some heroes end up with an excess of SP after learning their native skills and others end up far behind.

I just had a thought.

Galeforce on Ninian. Possible? Worthwhile? Does dancing trigger the countdown?

Alucrid

Banned
It really isn't enough though. They should definitely make it easier to grind considering that some heroes end up with an excess of SP after learning their native skills and others end up far behind.

I just had a thought.

Galeforce on Ninian. Possible? Worthwhile? Does dancing trigger the countdown?

couldn't get it on nowi due to weapon type

macklelol

It shouldn't take weeks to get 500 SP. I've gotten like... 600 or so SP onto my Cordelia since the inherit skill feature was implemented.

syncyes

So there's an event in about 18 hours that would potentially allow you to grab an extra copy of 3* and 4* Michalis, as well as 5k feathers and 5 orbs if 50k players finish the event on the normal and hard maps respectively. The event only lasts for 45 minutes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...michalis_grand_hero_battle_brash_assault_ver/

My terrible sleep schedule redeems itself! I doubt I'll be able to do the hard map but this guarantees me two 3* Michalis, at least :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

It's the best option at the moment, are do you think there is a better way?

Firemind

It shouldn't take weeks to get 500 SP. I've gotten like... 600 or so SP onto my Cordelia since the inherit skill feature was implemented.
8/9/10 stratum costs 9 stamina. Suppose you have three full stamina bars each day to work with and you KO 4 units each match, that's 4*3*6=72 a day. It takes about a full week to gain 500 SP for one character. People complain about IV breeding and EV training in Pokémon. This might be worse.

Cerium

I've settled on using Takumi as my 4th character on defense.

Vantage is a no brainer, but anyone got a good idea for his C?

We're looking at a Nino/Eirika/Ninian/Takumi team for the record.

Vena

8/9/10 stratum costs 9 stamina. Suppose you have three full stamina bars each day to work with and you KO 4 units each match, that's 4*3*6=72 a day. It takes about a full week to gain 500 SP for one character. People complain about IV breeding and EV training in Pokémon. This might be worse.

The inheritance system very heavily favors "raised" units over auto-5*s since the "raised" unit will have hundreds and into a thousand of SP surplus.

macklelol

...what? Even using the situation you described, you get 15 attempts at 8/9/10. 4 KOs per match is 12 SP (3 SP per KO). That's 180 SP. You'll have your 500 SP in less than 3 days. I think it's sorta unrealistic to get 4 KOs every time, but you can also clear the lunatic stratums much more than 15 times in a single day.

That said, SP grinding right now still sucks and there needs to be a better way to grind it out.

Cerium

Should I promote her to 5*, or no good?

It's not ideal but you can make it work if you give her Darting Blow and have someone with Hone Speed on hand.

Just to clarify, guys, any buffs on Nino turn into more attack power right? I just realized that my Rally Defense from Eirika overlaps with Ninian's Spur Defense. Thinking of switching to Rally Resistance or something.

Whats the general MRobin inheritance plot?

Triangle Adept 3
Lancebreaker 3
???

Something like this?

I think this is the right idea yea. If you have someone to buff him I am not even sure you need triangle adept 3. Selena gets you triangle adept 2 at 4*.

Lance Breaker is great but I think the down side is the lack of lance users in the meta. Nowi, Robin, Linde, Ninian, Effie (wary fighter) all are not affected by lance Breaker, and azura has such low HP. I would almost go with Sword Breaker just to make sure those reds get erased. I know it sounds like overkill, but there are some high hp-high res reds out there, certainly more than lance users.

Hey how do appearance rates increase?

Is it per summoning session or per summon?

For example does 5 summoning sessions of only one character increase the appearance rate the same as one summoning session of 5 characters. Thank you.

Also you still get the focus movies even if you don't get a 5-star? I got the movie just now for a 3-star Male Corrin.

Cerium

Okay my new plan is to put Fortify Resistance 3 on Ninian from Sophia.

So Nino gets

+3 Attack from Eirika's Sieglinde
+4 Defense from Eirika's Rally Defense
+4 Speed from Eirika's Hone Speed 3
+4 Resistance from Ninian's Fortify Resistance 3

For a total of +15 damage.

Alternatively I can keep Fortify Defense 2 on Ninian and give Rally Resistance to Eirika from Cecilia.

+3 Attack from Eirika's Sieglinde
+3 Defense from Ninian's Fortify Defense 2
+4 Speed from Eirika's Hone Speed 3
+4 Resistance from Eirika's Rally Resistance

For +14 damage more or less the same.

Any thoughts? The latter would be easier and cost less SP but it would be a little (1 point) less damage and I'm also put off by the idea of blowing more SP on Eirika after already learning Rally Defense. Also, Cecilia has a lot of other good skills so it seems like it might be a waste to throw one away for Rally Resistance alone.

Honestly SP is a huge barrier to a lot of what I want to do.

ggx2ac

Since Michalis is appearing, that means flying teams are viable again.

I have to do some theory crafting again.

Offense

Palla
Minerva
Catria
<Insert bonus hero>

Palla

Ruby Sword+
Reposition
Moonbow
Iote's Shield
Wings of Mercy
Goad Fliers

Minerva

Hauteclere
Draw Back
Draconic Aura
Life and Death
Desperation
Ward Fliers

Catria

Killer Lance+
Smite
Luna
Iote's Shield
Vantage
Hone Fliers

Vena

I may just feed Sanaki (-att/+res) to my MRobin (-att/+res but I've had him since launch and took him from 3* to 5* so sue me for using him still) for TA 3.

Sanaki is pretty garbage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, are you guys sacrificing 5* chars for this inheritance thing then?

Nope. I only Sacrificed a single 4* character even, most of what I have used was a few dupe 3* units to pad out the stats of my Arena defense team. Give Ephraim and Frederick +4HP and Swap, Roy Spur Def 2 and Moonbow, and Olivia Wings of Mercy 1.

macklelol

Since Michalis is appearing, that means flying teams are viable again.

I have to do some theory crafting again.

Offense

Palla
Minerva
Catria
<Insert bonus hero>

Palla

Ruby Sword+
Reposition
Moonbow
Iote's Shield
Wings of Mercy
Goad Fliers

Minerva

Hauteclere
Draw Back
Draconic Aura
Life and Death
Desperation
Ward Fliers

Catria

Killer Lance+
Smite
Luna
Iote's Shield
Vantage
Hone Fliers

I've been running an all/mostly flying team for like the past month and this is what I've been working towards with skill inheritance:

Palla
- Ruby Sword+
- Draw Back
- Moonbow
- Iote's Shield/Darting Blow/Speed +3
- Wings of Mercy
- Goad Fliers

Cordelia
- Brave Lance+
- whatever movement skill
- Luna
- Triangle Adept
- Wings of Mercy
- Goad Fliers

Minerva
- Hauteclere
- whatever movement skill
- Bonfire
- Fury
- Desperation/Renewal
- Ward Fliers

Last slot is for whatever bonus unit. Hone Fliers is good but Goad Fliers stacks and is much easier to position around.

Sushen

I may just feed Sanaki (-att/+res) to my MRobin (-att/+res but I've had him since launch and took him from 3* to 5* so sue me for using him still) for TA 3.

Sanaki is pretty garbage.
I disagree. She's fragile like most makes, but very powerful with high resistance. She also provides up to +8 attack to neighbors.

Okay, I never knew combat buffs of the same stat stack.

That's pretty good for Goad Fliers because I like it's 2 space range.

Good for Goad and Ward. A hyper offensive team will end up pretty buff if everyone runs Ward for +12 def/res. Even normally, you could probably keep your forward units always buffered +8 in combat. Being able to ignore all terrain makes it easier to set up as well.

macklelol

Pics or it didn't happen.

ok
4F28Mda.png
bsTSuJb.png
jh2mezD.png
NVmjwQG.png
No Goad, 1 Goad, 2 Goad, 3 Goad.

DooD1234

When the Michalis Grand hero banner comes up, would Minerva be worth pulling for? How is she as a flying axe character?

Cerium

You know, Smite on range has a LOT of possibilities.

I need to think on this.

edit: Nevermind for some reason I thought it affected enemies not allies.

Dude Guy

Why is Effie so good to me, guys? WHY? Now I have to go replay Fates (even though I dislike it) just to marry her to Corrin.

Cerium

Why is Effie so good to me, guys? WHY? Now I have to go replay Fates (even though I dislike it) just to marry her to Corrin.

Y'all talking about your M!Robins and Effies and I just can't wait for arena season to end so that I can get my Nino to 5*.

Got my Shareena to 5* just in time for a completely different game. She has pretty massive stats though so I'm not too worried about how skill inheritance affects her.

Vena

Got my Shareena to 5* just in time for a completely different game. She has pretty massive stats though so I'm not too worried about how skill inheritance affects her.

She's remains good with her already good weapon and good Rally.

Now she can simply become even better!

ggx2ac

So I would make a flying team for arena but that would be a, "once I finish my current team."

My Eirika, Nino, Female Corrin are possible for me to get them to level 50 because I can roll 4* versions of them but, for the flying team Minerva is 5* only so she is very difficult to get.

Cerium

At least you didn't do what I did and make Anna 5* which was great for about a week until I got Nino.

So I would make a flying team for arena but that would be a, "once I finish my current team."

My Eirika, Nino, Female Corrin are possible for me to get them to level 50 because I can roll 4* versions of them but, for the flying team Minerva is 5* only so she is very difficult to get.

Isn't Corrin and Eirika redundant?

Dude Guy

Y'all talking about your M!Robins and Effies and I just can't wait for arena season to end so that I can get my Nino to 5*.
M!Robin (with all this new triangle adept business) is also so very good to me, as is Vantage Lucina. I know a lot of people think skill inheritance totally broke the game but for me it's breathed new life into it. I love seeing the crazy ass team comps people come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom