• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Day 1 for me. Xbox is my primary platform and having the best versions of games with the best controller (Elite) with all my friends is worth the S trade in.

Sony's conference tomorrow is going to kill them on internal studios though.

cucuchu

For some reason in Idaho GS stores close at 6pm, so I called my old Store I use to shop at in California and they said they are hoping that they are going to start taking pre-orders soon, but they had a had written list that they would call people back when pre-orders start. He said that there was about 30 people on the list so far, this was about 2 hours after the conference was over. He said he was getting a lot of calls.

I asked if they were doing trade-in deals, but he was not sure what they are doing if anything. I know for the PRO they did give more for trades of PS4's & Xbox One's, so hopefully they do the same.

Just an FYI, my local Gamestop has had a list going since late last year with everyone that has come in asking about the Xbox "Scorpio" preorder. Those 30 people might be people that have inquired about it beforehand. I'm not sure the demand is so large that you are going to get hundreds of people trying to preorder this per store.

I'll be going into my local Gamestop when they open in an hour to see if they have any update. They are not so good about calling people on their lists to notify them.

Anyone found a store in Holland yet for preordering?

I'm not sure if they said it yesterday, but there won't be any tier crap this time like with Xbox One, right?

Surely The Netherlands will have it on day one as well?

When the hell is it going live! I want to pre-order it already.

I know. I keep refreshing my tabs, waiting.....

It hasn't passed certification. It won't go on pre order until it does

sujl6HD.png

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
maybe Day One for me, if the console come bundled with Crackdown, Forza 7 or another third party game.

but i'm also inclined to wait for post Holiday season sales

cakely

If it was $399 and there was an Amazon link for the pre-order immediately after the conference, I would have done it, no question.

Now I'm not so sure.

Anyone found a store in Holland yet for preordering?

I'm not sure if they said it yesterday, but there won't be any tier crap this time like with Xbox One, right?

Surely The Netherlands will have it on day one as well?

Can't find it either as of yet. But no joke, if they are gonna pull that tier crap again - I am out getting a PS4 Pro.

killroy87

It hasn't passed certification. It won't go on pre order until it does

I'm not sure how much of this is in their control, but it really was a silly move of them to not have this figured out. It might sound hyperbolic, but the more time they put between people and a pre-order, the higher the chance of people going "on second thought..."

Especially with Sony's conference tonight, that won't do them any favors. If Sony throws a hail mary and drops the price of the Pro tonight, Xbox will be pissed they missed out on that initial bunch of orders.

Nice one.

But i'm probavly gonna place one at Gamemania or Nedgame, assuming they will offer a trade in program. I really do hope they accept the fat Xbox One though.

Can't find it either as of yet. But no joke, if they are gonna pull that tier crap again - I am out getting a PS4 Pro.

Looks to be fine this time. Just like with the S. :)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Rewatched the announcement. Phil says worldwide release so maybe they've done away with that Tier bullshit.

Do we expect different SKU's, mainly different HDD sizes?

Just the 1TB at launch. I imagine larger space models in the future.

I've got an external with a ton of games installed. It's going to be cool to just plug it into the One X and install any patches and then be good to go. Internal storage is just bonus space haha.

Hammer24

Banned
To be fair, the cost of getting a cheap external 1TB/2TB drive and plugging it in is almost certainly cheaper than what MS would charge.

Memory expansion for the Xbone is super easy and affordable.

No question. I just find it odd, from a business perspective.
Let's be honest - we early adopters are the least price sensitive, so why not make a buck from us. I thought it worked when they launched the S.

Let's not pretend anyone outside the US and UK cares.

Germany here. Day Zero.

Why are there no pre-orders in the UK. Seems stupid to announce a new product and not let people claim one.
But you get to 'register your interest', isn't that fun?

I'm surprised too. Logic seems to be that stores don't have their allocations yet however I remember my preorders for PS4 Pro and Switch just being 'order and we'll let you know.'

Falchion

I hope some of these places have decent trade in deals when they open it up for pre-orders because $75 is pretty tough to stomach.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Atmos support in games has 100% sold me on this, I'll be there day 1.

Lima

Atmos support in games has 100% sold me on this, I'll be there day 1.

Remains to be seen whether developers and publishers eat the licensing cost themselves or whether it's like Dolby Atmos for headphones which requires you to download an app and pay for the license yourself after a 30 day trial.

Dmi3k

Why are there no pre-orders in the UK. Seems stupid to announce a new product and not let people claim one.

Here is an extract from the Xbox One X Microsoft Store page:
This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until FCC approval has been obtained.

But I agree that they should have submitted it for certification sooner.

Here is an extract from the Xbox One X Microsoft Store page:

But I agree that they should have submitted it for certification sooner.

I don't think the FFC governs Europe.

They might be holding all preorders until everywhere can preorder.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Remains to be seen whether developers and publishers eat the licensing cost themselves or whether it's like Dolby Atmos for headphones which requires you to download an app and pay for the license yourself after a 30 day trial.

Hopefully they streamline it, I loved how the sound was described for the Gears 4 update. Will likely be the first game I play on it.

a.wd

How much do you reckon I can get for a storm grey XB1S?

Also, yeah day one. I am actually thinking of upgrading my 4k tv to one that has VRR and the new HDR spec, which the XBoX supports. This one has had some pro action, and some super 4k Blu Rays, but I am really looking forward to the Forza nights that will be coming my way with some of the boys.

Do we expect different SKU's, mainly different HDD sizes?

I think they said they are only doing a 1TB SKU (?)

Hmm. Even my S came with 2TB at launch.

1TB at launch... although Major Nelson almost made a slip about the potential future during the 'unboxing' with Geoff Keighley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmWIwCld2pA&t=6m5s

Geoff: How big is the hard drive?
Larry: This one here...Which one do we have? I don't remem- hahaha
Other Dude: I am note sure
Larry: That is a great question... The 1TB is what we were shooting for
Geoff: Will it be in multiple sizes?
Larry: Nooooooooooo no no no no no
Geoff: Just 1TB?
Larry: Yes, just 1TB

Top Bottom