• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Leaked?

Blueblur1

Hmm. 2 extra characters + Arcade Mode and other enhancements (QoL changes) would be really good. If they bundle in S1 and S2 characters - as they should - it would make it a really good package. Sounds too good to be true though.

Give us dat MvCI netcode anyway, Capcom!

Hmm. 2 extra characters + Arcade Mode and other enhancements (QoL changes) would be really good. If they bundle in S1 and S2 characters - as they should - it would make it a really good package. Sounds too good to be true though.

Give us dat MvCI netcode anyway, Capcom!
This all comes complete with Ryu, Alex and F.A.N.G nerfs.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
sfv-hot-package-artwork.jpg
Such a better cover.

Just imagine the backlash if that was the vanilla and those costumes were still locked behind retailer pre-orders and DLC(or fight money).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Where are we at in terms of incoming characters? Do we still expect 6 per season or are we concerned about the extra 2 slots X-Kira says he's found?

In my view, its unrealistic to expect extra characters in SSFV/SFV Arcade Edition. X-Kira's 2 additional slots aren't a guarantee of any kind, IMO. Or is there *another* reason to believe we might get extra characters?

Or am I out of date with the rumors?

No you're not. We might get 26 more characters but think with me.

SFV:AE - 4 characters
Season 2018 - 6 characters
Season 2019 - 6 characters
Season 2020 - 6 characters
SSFV - 4 characters for closure of SFV

If they kept going with their plans.

If they do add extra characters, I have to assume they're tacked onto the base as free for everyone. Otherwise the resulting PR nightmare would be bad.

It should be free for all pre-existing owners. Since four characters is technically sell for money since they are part of SFV:AR bundle value.

What promise did they break? You don’t need to buy this if you already have SFV. Any new modes, upgrades, or features will be given to existing owners for free besides characters (& we could get 4 characters for free according to one, albeit dubious, rumor).
Alot of the costumes you cant get with the in game currency

nded

1. The initial release is the only disc you will ever need to own
2. All balance and system adjustments will be available for free
3. All post-launch gameplay related content will be earnable for free by playing the game

I guess it depends on your definition of "gameplay related". I personally don't think costumes and stages qualify.

Neoxon

Correct, I only mentioned those costume sets since they either...
  1. Already come with the Character Passes for the DLC characters &, in the case of the base roster, are available at a discounted bundle.
  2. In the case of the CPT costumes, are limited in availability (with the 2016 CPT stuff not being available now).

Neoxon

My prediction

Sakura
Sagat
E.Honda
Blanka
Sodom

Wishlist

Hakan.
Swap E. Honda for Cody & Blanka for either Gill or a newcomer and I'd agree. As for the last slot, I'd throw in either Fei Long, Sean, or another newcomer. Sagat (& maybe Fei Long depending on who you ask) is really the last SFII character that most people give a shit about. E. Honda & Blanka are iconic, yes. But as I've said many times in the past, they aren't as popular as most of the other World Warriors. The same could be said for T. Hawk & Dee Jay. That said, I do think we'll get Blanka eventually as long as Ono has a say on the roster.

kirblar

Any idea if Sagat will sneak in 2017 like Akuma did in 2016?
I would think that depends entirely on how Capcom integrates the SFV->SFV:AE update, since the stuff X-Kira was finding indicates this is more than a simple title change.

Given that Ed got pushed back by the CFN update delay, I'd imagine Sagat would be tied to the AE launch date as well.
Swap E.Honda for Cody & Blanka for either Gill or a newcomer and I'd agree. As for the last slot, I'd throw in either Fei Long, Sean, or another newcomer. Sagat (& maybe Fei Long depending on who you ask) is really the last SFII character that most people give a shit about.
If we ever see Gill, I think he'll be free. (Same w/ Decapre.)

Still wondering if I should go PC on this game. Will my laptop even be able to handle it is the question.
Such a better cover.

Just imagine the backlash if that was the vanilla and those costumes were still locked behind retailer pre-orders and DLC(or fight money).
Anyone have this cover that they're willing to sell?

eBay prices are way up there cause it includes the game. All I want is that sweet cover.

Neoxon

Ed's Gorilla buddy seems like a safe bet for S3 or S4, especially if we get a story expansion.
Not-Winston would be an awesome newcomer for Season 3. Hell, maybe we could get all of the main 4 members of Neo-Shadaloo before the end of 2020.

norm9

If I have the pc version, will i have to rebuy the game? I only want to play arcade mode with up to 10 stars of difficulty.

Nephtes

If they do a 4K mode, change the name to Super SFV, and release that on X1X, I'd double dip...
But that's about the only way Capcom is getting more money out of me for SFV...

Well...
That... Or if they fixed Ken's 🍌 banana 🍌 hair in his default costume, but the only way they allowed you to access it was to buy a new version of the game...

If I have the pc version, will i have to rebuy the game? I only want to play arcade mode with up to 10 stars of difficulty.
If you already own the game then you don't need to buy it again. Whatever update this is will also be available for people who already own the game.

It's a bit like what NRS does for their games.

Ryce

This is just a prediction, but I think S3 will follow in the footsteps of S1 by introducing four characters who appeared in SFIV and two who didn't.

With Zeku, there are 13 SFIV characters and 15 non-SFIV characters on the roster; including four more SFIV returnees and two new characters would bring both counts up to an equal 17, matching the launch roster's ratio. I think this is a really good balance to maintain.

Sagat
Sakura
Cody or Fei Long or Abel
Elena or Makoto
Pick 2: Sodom, Sean, Gill, Remy, Eagle

Neoxon

This is just a prediction, but I think S3 will follow in the footsteps of S1 by introducing four characters who appeared in SFIV and two who didn't.

With Zeku, there are 13 SFIV characters and 15 non-SFIV characters on the roster; including four more SFIV returnees and two new characters would bring both counts up to an equal 17, matching the launch roster's ratio. I think this is a really good balance to maintain.

Sagat
Sakura
Cody or Fei Long or Abel
Elena or Makoto
With your conditions, I’d go with...
  • Sagat
  • Sakura
  • Cody (what, he’s popular)
  • Makoto (see Cody)
  • Sodom (rumors aside, he’s the last Alpha character who has yet to make the jump to 3D)
  • Gill (it was between him & Sean for me, but I really want to see Capcom complete the Illuminati Trio).

Blueblur1

Hmm, a long time ago Flash was throwing around Fei Long's name along with Viper, Akuma and Sagat. So I don't think Fei Long is far-fetched.

Edit: Actually, it was around this time last year that he was saying that. Then later on he stuck to Akuma and Sagat as the PSX reveal.

PSqueak

Banned
SFV DLC currently only stick to ONE ACCOUNT. Which is lame when i bought Season Passes my bros couldn't play the DLC's that i bought. They should have let us know too late now

I mean it does kinda suck, but makes sense, if it didn't what would stop you from making 2 or 3 accounts and farm the easy FM to buy everything?

Surfside

Banned
I doubt they would call it arcade edition. I mean who really cares about that mode enough,
that it would influence their decision to buy the game.

qcf x2

Sagat
Sakura
Cody or Fei Long or Abel
Elena or Makoto

I like this...could do without Cody/Fei/Abel/Eagle but the other options all look good to me. I'd especially like to see how Makoto does. I mean you know her v trigger would be her SA3. No blocking, huge damage. Fucking shit up.

BUT... the game needs C.Viper & Necro.

Ryce

I like this...could do without Cody/Fei/Abel/Eagle but the other options all look good to me. I'd especially like to see how Makoto does. I mean you know her v trigger would be her SA3. No blocking, huge damage. Fucking shit up.

BUT... the game needs C.Viper & Necro.
I left Viper, Necro, Oro, and Q out since Flowtron said they aren't coming in season three, but I think we'll see Viper and Oro and maybe Q by the end of the game's lifetime.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Sagat
Sakura
Cody or Fei Long or Abel
Elena or Makoto

With your requirement, I prefer to see more diversity in the roster

Sakura and Sagat because Flowtron leaked then
Hakan
Elena
Sodom
Maki, Geki, Eagle, Lee,

But I have a hutch that we might get Honda or/and Blanks.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I almost picked up the version with all the DLC a few days ago. I'll likely be grabbing this in the near future then.

Not going to lie, I'm partially buying it because of how fucking hot Chun Li is.

qcf x2

I left Viper, Necro, Oro, and Q out since Flowtron said they aren't coming in season three, but I think we'll see Viper and Oro and maybe Q by the end of the game's lifetime.

Weird that Oro is still waiting since he was in S1 story (I think) and he was rumored to be on the base roster for a while. Also kinda weird that they're holding off on Viper since she was an easily recognizable SF4 character and also is in the narrative, but maybe it's saving her for hype purposes... not that she (or anyone from SF4) is particularly popular.

As long as Blanka, Honda and more shoto alts aren't on tap I have no complaints about any of the rumored roster additions.

Sagat
Sakura
Cody or Fei Long or Abel
Elena or Makoto
Abel, Elena, Sodom, Eagle

Top Bottom