• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

marrec

Banned
I never said anyone should be ashamed of gambling, you're projecting.

Nah, I'm bringing heat from the dumb ass Forbes thread lol sorry about that.

Also you were super patronizing "congrats you've discovered gambling" listen I'm 31 I know what gambling is tyvm

this event rewarded me better than the last. got the 50 loot boxes and end up with 5 or 6 event skins. the only ones i didn't get that i wanted is lucio (Which i just bought), tracer and genji. will just try to get the rest. but my lvl is past the 25 point so it's a slow grind RIP.

Nah, I'm bringing heat from the dumb ass Forbes thread lol sorry about that.

Also you were super patronizing "congrats you've discovered gambling" listen I'm 31 I know what gambling is tyvm

If you know that loot boxes are gambling, then I don't think we have much to argue about. :p

I'm criticizing Blizzard for their practices regarding the gacha mechanics in their games.

Like you said, gambling is fun and exciting. But that's by design, that's the very nature of gambling, that's why it is so effective. I'm not going to blame anyone who gambles, because gambling itself is designed to hook into those feel-good parts of our brain.

Some people are perfectly capable of gambling responsibly, others develop an addiction, the ultimate responsibility there lies with the supplier. (in this case, Blizzard)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'd say currency gets a tad increase if possible, nothing too crazy mind you, just a little more % in the players favor

Dupes are a given but when you get the same dupe over and over, the game should boost your coin count

Like the first post on this page, on how their brother got 3 Lucio Legendary skins
It should know how many times you rolled it and reward you bonus +% coins for same dupe, if you get 1st time, get the 1/5th amount as usual, 2nd time 20%, 3rd time 50%, then every time it rolls around 50% more (cap)

So if you roll Legendary and gotten say same skin 3-4 times your at least rewarded +100 coins extra for game really not being in your favor

This is only for skins mind you, other dupes of say voice lines and sprays would need different +% Boosts to compensate

Also Legendary skin dupes should be 500 coins at the least, stupid Legendary skin dupe is 200 coins no matter if it is the 1000 coin or 3000 coin skin

So if you roll same Lucio skin by 3rd time you net back at least 750 coins with my maths
Close enough to getting to buy at least a regular Legendary

cakely

I know I've already posted this in this thread, but seriously, 3v3 lockout elimination is really, really good.

It shows how good the character roster is when your entire team has to draft from it strategically at the beginning of every round.

mollipen

Haven't played for months now =\

Used to main mercy, still occasionally check out the Overwatch threads and subreddit, and all the talk I saw a while back thrashing Mercy and saying she isn't a viable main anymore turned me off of getting back into the game somewhat.

I'd like to hop back in when I manage to find more game-playing time but I just hope the game hasn't passed me by with all the new characters and shit.

In case you need more convincing: Overwatch: Mercy Was the Most Popular Main During Season 4

NeoRaider

Still only Hanzo skin that i got day 1.

Opened more than 15 boxes and they were all blue/white. I just can't get Legendary. :/

Lucked out last night with back to back loot boxes (a victory box and a level up box) that had Bedouin Pharah and Cruiser D. Va in them.

I feel like this is a cosmic sign that I should stop complaining about Blizzard's loot structure, but nah, this event is sort of a nightmare.

LiK

Lucked out last night with back to back loot boxes (a victory box and a level up box) that had Bedouin Pharah and Cruiser D. Va in them.

I feel like this is a cosmic sign that I should stop complaining about Blizzard's loot structure, but nah, this event is sort of a nightmare.

It's pretty big how this event was to celebrate the game but the lootbox system is causing backlash. Glad they're listening.

God putting loot boxes behind garbage ass modes like 3v3 and 1v1 is awful. Nobody would even play these modes if it weren't for the rewards.

Ultratech

I tried playing the free weekend, but I'm really not feeling it.

(Also apparently the Nexus Challenge stuff didn't even carry over apart from the 10 Loot Boxes.)

Doesn't help that I'm terrible at shooters to begin with, and I haven't even remotely played them seriously since TF2.

(Also doesn't help when I die over and over feeling completely helpless as I get 1 or 2-shotted by something.)

Camjo-Z

This has been the shittiest event yet so far. Tons of dupes and boring sprays/icons, one dance emote for Pharah (who I barely use), and one legendary which was... a pile of 500 currency. At least I have a decent gold hoard to get a skin near the end.

MKIL65

Feast your eyes on this!

2cRaXl2.png

I got a new voice line for Genji, but guess what? I got a DUPE of that SAME voice line, in the SAME LOOT BOX.

Thanks Jeff!

This has been the shittiest event yet so far. Tons of dupes and boring sprays/icons, one dance emote for Pharah (who I barely use), and one legendary which was... a pile of 500 currency. At least I have a decent gold hoard to get a skin near the end.
Let us ask why Pharah doesn't even get a dance, just a shitty air guitar emote as well.

Got Zarya's anniversary skin 4 times now. It was cool at first Blizzard but there are other skins too!

Also funny that only during events do I get any sort of non-event legendary skin.

So far I have enough for two skins...

This event is just shit overall for a celebration event imo. Just basically unloaded a pile of non thematic skins and dance emotes and most are just really bad looking. I don't even care about boxes or skins and never buy them but just my thought for how they handle this event is pretty bad for the game, especially considering how soon it came after Uprising.

pizzacat

Banned
Feast your eyes on this!

2cRaXl2.png

I got a new voice line for Genji, but guess what? I got a DUPE of that SAME voice line, in the SAME LOOT BOX.

Thanks Jeff!

each character has 2 voice lines in this event

dupes have a yellowish tone to them

maxresdefault.jpg

you sure it wasnt the two lines?

MKIL65

It's pretty hard to see in my image, but the far left one has some yellow outline to it.

Yeah, it's the same voice line ''I'm not impressed'' checked multiple times.

Clipse

Call me crazy, but I hope they don't add a lot of new stuff when the Summer Games event returns in August. My wallet could use a break.

Auctopus

I wonder what the odds are for that, 1 in 10,000,000,000,000?

They were probably a previous whale who had shown signs of slowing down their purchase rate due to dissatisfaction.

Wham! Blizzard hits them with the 4x Legendary Box and they're back on board!

Joking... i hope.

NeoRaider

maxresdefault.jpg

Nothing similar happened to me, ever.
I never had more than 2 Legendary items in one box.

BTW. 20 loot boxes later... i am still getting all white and blue items. And it's usually 3 duplicates. My only event skin is still Hanzo. I want to cry. :/

Salarians

bought $20 worth of boxes when the event started, plus what I've earned through leveling and arcade so far:
Hanzo's Cyberninja
Lucio's Jazzy
legendary currency
Zarya's Cybergoth 🙄
Zarya's Industrial 😩

Orisa's dance x2
Torbjorn's dance
Widowmaker's dance
wanted Hanzo and Lucio's so that's great, but I really want Tracer, D.Va, and Symm's skins too...

bought $20 worth of boxes when the event started, plus what I've earned through leveling and arcade so far:

wanted Hanzo and Lucio's so that's great, but I really want Tracer, D.Va, and Symm's skins too...
Bruv you got the two worst skins in the game in one purchase. Those odds lmao

I've gotten 10 loot boxes just by playing and I haven't got a single dance or skin, just 4 new voice lines.

This is SHIT,
SHIIIIIIITTTTTTTT
:(

Salarians

Bruv you got the two worst skins in the game in one purchase. Those odds lmao
hey, I only got one of the Zarya skins from the purchase, the other one came after lol

I did get the two event skins and the coins too from that initial 24 though so four legendaries for $20 wasn't bad (even if one was coins and the other was trash)

hey, I only got one of the Zarya skins from the purchase, the other one came after lol

I did get the two event skins and the coins too from that initial 24 though so four legendaries for $20 wasn't bad (even if one was coins and the other was trash)
The best luck I've ever had in this game was when I bought 5 boxes for Halloween. Got Witch Mercy, Ribbit Lucio, Lone Wolf Hanzo and Pumpkin Reaper. At the time those were my favorite skins for each character lol

Actually I may have pulled Pumpkin Reaper in a level box before or after that but I'm sure about the other 3

It's all been downhill from there. Still haven't gotten an event skin and I've only gotten 2 dances through 15 non-bought boxes so far for this event. Didn't get jack in uprising either outside of blackwatch genji on the last day

Atolm

Got Symm, Lúcio and Bastion so far from drops and I have enough money to buy one. I still want 76 and D.Va at least.

I'm still salty that Tracer got the Graffiti skin and not Sombra.

1) Tracer now has more legendary skins than non-legendary
2) Tracer has gotten at least one event skin for every event except for Halloween and only one of those was a rare (that was also an amazing skin)
3) Sombra would be much more likely to actually use graffiti than Tracer's clean cut goody two shoes self
4) Sombra only has one event skin and it's a rare that's situational (doesn't look good outside of the winter holiday seasons)
5) THERE'S GRAFFITI BY SOMBRA ON CASTILLO IN THE SAME UPDATE AND SHE STILL DIDN'T GET THE SKIN

BigEmil

maxresdefault.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they give few users lucky ones like this so those people can show people see we can get good stuff big when not many will get it like that

MCD

I'm still salty that Tracer got the Graffiti skin and not Sombra.

1) Tracer now has more legendary skins than non-legendary
2) Tracer has gotten at least one event skin for every event except for Halloween and only one of those was a rare (that was also an amazing skin)
3) Sombra would be much more likely to actually use graffiti than Tracer's clean cut goody two shoes self
4) Sombra only has one event skin and it's a rare that's situational (doesn't look good outside of the winter holiday seasons)
5) THERE'S GRAFFITI BY SOMBRA ON CASTILLO IN THE SAME UPDATE AND SHE STILL DIDN'T GET THE SKIN

Sombra is rubbish though.

Tracer is queen.

I got back into Overwatch right before the event, but now that it's actually happening I'm mostly just playing Gwent. This shit is a stone cold bummer.

I'm sure blizzard increases the likelihood of getting a dupe instead of a new item. I'm only 10 loot boxes in and I'm already seeing fucking purple event dupes.

Managed to get Hanzo and Bastion skins.

Want D.Va one mainly, but got her dance emote.
You know a pilot is skilled they can move their robot like that.

Top Bottom