• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3: Now in development for Nintendo Switch.

kaydigi

00000925_1.jpg

∞CLIMAX EDITION for Bayonetta 1+2 NS

Can't wait... almost storage time for my Wii U.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
And yet another reason to buy Switch next year. Also, the first and second game is a great addition too cuz i honestly can't be bothered to buy Wii U to play the second game.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
And yet another reason to buy Switch next year. Also, the first and second game is a great addition too cuz i honestly can't be bothered to buy Wii U to play the second game.

Its also a great time to buy a switch now, especially with games like mario and zelda.

LordRaptor

Hyped. If Kamiya is directing chances are the game is very, very early. Look forward to playing it in 2019/2020 along with Prime 4.

I don't think 2020 is likely, Platinum are goddamn workhorses and Get Shit Done

Bayonetta 2 announcement -> release was slightly over 2 years, and had less to show at the announce

Keihart

I think i saw long hair on that teaser?...and kamiya is back directing?
i'm really hyped for this and i'm one of those poor souls who disliked Bayonetta 2 with passion for being so easy and such a tease instead of a real sequel in true P* fashion.

Nintendo saw the Bayo sales bump to the Wii U. I know a few people that bought in for that game alone. They don't need it, this time, but why not give the fans what they want, strengthen their relationships with a star third-party (an area where nintendo has sometimes suffered), and repeat the sales bump with a console people actually want, too.

Very occasionally, the easy answer and the right one are the same.

Shifty

Aw hell yes, between this and DMC HD on PC 2018 is going to be a return to form for the character action genre. Just need DMC5 and a new Ninja Gaiden now.

The cracked logo and shadowy assailant make me think they might be breaking
out of the stable time loop
that was established at the end of Bayo 2.

Lort

Banned
Bayonetta!! Awesome graphics showcase at 60fps .. now with neither of those things on switch.

Fbh

Well that's an announcement that I wasn't expecting to wake up to.

But holy shit yes!!!!. Purchasing a Switch keeps getting more and more justified

Bayonetta!! Awesome graphics showcase at 60fps .. now with neither of those things on switch.

????

Bayo 2 looked pretty nice on WiiU while Targeting 60fps and the Switch is more powerful.

Not to mention that games made by Platinum have never really been graphical showcases. Nier Automata is on both Ps4 and PC and isn't really a looker on either platform (I mean, art direction is great but the graphics themselves are pretty bad )

Z3M0G

Glad I didn't buy B2 on WiiU... I'll save that trilogy for Switch for sure (played 1 on PS3)

Still not sure what will tip me into buying a Switch... XC2 will definitely NOT be it... I'm done with that franchise. Prime 4 perhaps...

DonF

I'll finally be able to play bayo 2, and bayo 3 eventually. Nintendo's line up is a beast

lifa-cobex

It hasn't been out too long and already a chunk of games I want have appeared.

Don't think I can ignore the switch any longer.

Bayo 3 has pushed me to that point.

Jezan

Did you play the game? Also, you are 4 years late with the whining.
Glad I didn't buy B2 on WiiU... I'll save that trilogy for Switch for sure (played 1 on PS3)

Still not sure what will tip me into buying a Switch... XC2 will definitely NOT be it... I'm done with that franchise. Prime 4 perhaps...
Wow, what's with the negativity? If you keep moving the goalposts Prime 4 will not make you buy one, B1&2 are coming to Switch and now B3, do you need them to come in a special trilogy case for you to buy? Done with a franchise that is actually only a franchise that the two previous games had almost nothing to do with each other?
Did Bayonetta 1 aged well? Is it worth it to play it today? Bayonetta 2 is definately on my list, but I don't know about 1.
Just play it, if Bayo2 is on the list so should 1. There are a few changes in the combat system so they are two different experiences. The only difference is that B1 colors are not too bright but other than that the game play didn't age, it's still young :)

The Hermit

This is so fucking amazing, I thought this game had literally 0 chance of happening ever. Bayo must be someone's waifu over at Nintendo and I LOVE it.

The first 2 games are masterpieces, the second one especially didn't deserve to be exclusive to a (sadly) failed console. Fucking awesome, just incredible, I'm legit speechless. It's been a long while since any announcement made me this happy.

Agree with everything.

I though 2 wrapped the history of the first in a nice way and thought " well, that's it then"

But now they show a trailer of Bayonetta getting her ass kicked and probably dying even. So yeah, I am so hyped.

In the other news, if they release 3D World and Tropical Freeze for the Switch, the WiiU was the biggest waste of time and money in my life.

Edit : why the fuck I can't see images in the mobile?! Even some avatars are broke

The impossible made possible!

I knew it was just a matter of time before the first two chapters in the series were ported to Switch but who would've thought that a new game would be produced?

Amazing.

Top Bottom