• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

sn00zer

SquareEnix's developers are like a powerful weapon that could dominate the world if in the right hands, sadly no one seems to be capable of doing that.

raven777

Well, this is Final Fantasy 25th anniversary.

What I assume(hope) is that they will have a private party/show sometime this year where they show off versus, this engine and other FF related stuff.

maybe I am dreaming

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
SDBurton said:
AurDxXKCAAA5rbH.jpg

Let's hope we see her again in the future.

Hahahahaahasadface.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, this is Final Fantasy 25th anniversary.

What I assume(hope) is that they will have a private party/show sometime this year where they show off versus, this engine and other FF related stuff.

maybe I am dreaming

I'm sure they showed off this engine and some FF iOS games.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tech demos and a cake! Just what I wanted from SE.

I'm kidding. It looks really darn good. I just wish we'd get more games/info about games from these guys, considering it's the 25th anniversary of FF.

If they take this long for Versus, I don't want to imagine how long is going to take them to make games with this level of visual fidelity. Nonetheless, next gen is coming yay!

jiggle

if they can release a game looking like
i will actually stop bitching about their stingy CG efforts
i'll try anyway

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Honestly, the screen with the old man impressed me most. Not expecting any games to actually look like this though, alas *sigh*

Goli

Anybody knows what the target hardware is ?

Famitsu's tiny report says SE is developing this in conjunction with their CG studio Visual Works, target hardware is next gen and they're hoping in the near future games can be played in real time with such quality of graphics. The project is called "Philosophy", and what was shown is a small part for everyone to see its potential.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks pretty cool. I hope they release a video.

Pretty sure he said after Versus he wasn't going to be doing FF anymore.

But hell, Versus doesn't exist so maybe he'll be working on FF indefinitely!

I think he said he won't be directing another FF game after Versus.

Elios83

Truly amazing, between this, Star Wars 1313 and Watch Dogs we're getting a good idea of which kind of graphics PS4 and Xbox 720 will be capable of, basically FF: Spirits Within in real time level.
OMG, can we skip forward to E3 2013 please?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Real-time graphics that looks just as good, if not better than XIII's CGI? Please excuse me as I wipe the drool off everything.

Also, +1 to the girl being a cool protagonist.

I really, really like the girl's face and hair. Very well done and pretty damn realistic despite being idealized unlike most of Square's characters that are more stylized even in renders.

Here's hoping she ends up in a game that actually gets released. XD

Top Bottom