• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

ERC
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Oh man, putting money in and out of that is hilariously fun. The gains...

$6.61 (380.30%)

Go go MNE!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Top "promoter" of the Authorship Token Bounty hunt has 142 referrals and got 10.725 ATS coins for free. Congrats Reid Voillet you busy bastard :)

A bold sentence out of the Mail which is going to make Mr. Voillet happy:

How long does it take to receive those 75 ATS to ETH wallet?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
They'll distribute the tokens after the ICO finishes, sometime in September.

Thanks for the answer

Meanwhile XRP is still rising...looks like they will announce something in two days

The only question now is - buy some NEO or wait for a few days.

Thanks for the answer

Meanwhile XRP is still rising...looks like they will announce something in two days

The only question now is - buy some NEO or wait for a few days.

It looks like there could be some XRP announcement with Korea and some of the major credit card companies reading around in the next day or two.

PolishQ

My portfolio now has NEO, OMG and ARK (on Bittrex), BNB and DNT (on Binance), and I've got some TNT and ATS on the way from ICOs. I probably won't diversify any more, unless it's to add some BTC or ETH ... but maybe I'll buy some additional NEO or OMG in September.

Tk0n

Looks like ARK is back to the bs price controling from before the big pump.
Sell high, block progress with sell walls and buy more cheap coins after the price dump. Rince and repeat.

pieface

Sell high, block progress with sell walls and buy more cheap coins after the price dump. Rince and repeat.

Yeah , price goes up, price goes down. This is the market.

With ARKVM, ACES and Ledger to be released soon i'd expect another jump up soon.

Brohan

Was contemplating to try this but knowing my luck it will break past it's barrier right after i sell.

Tk0n

Was contemplating to try this but knowing my luck it will break past it's barrier right after i sell.

Yeah, the system only works well if youre controlling the sell walls. (Or dont pay exchange Rates) The swings in ark are too minor. 5 to 10%.
I made some extra ark in the past by riding this, selling high and buying back low. But it was extremely enerving with little outcome.

Just hold until a major pump, and if you're confident it's coming back down sell to buy back in when it's cheaper.

We're the small fish, don't try and play the game like a big one.

Brohan

Yeah, the system only works well if youre controlling the sell walls. (Or dont pay exchange Rates) The swings in ark are too minor. 5 to 10%.
I made some extra ark in the past by riding this, selling high and buying back low. But it was extremely enerving with little outcome.

Just hold until a major pump, and if you're confident it's coming back down sell to buy back in when it's cheaper.

We're the small fish, don't try and play the game like a big one.

Yeah i thought it was too risky.. especially since i'm in ARK for the long term.

I had decided on just buying coins for the long term a few days ago after finding out that i had the worst luck with daytrading but i'm still feeling this urge and it's hard to ignore sometimes.

DKF590

Really thinking about buying a decent amount of BNB tomorrow.

I've been holding BTC for about a year now and finally jumped into a second cryptocurrency with NEO at around $7.5. Still relatively new to trading crypto but taking a risk on the hype has worked out pretty well for me so far.

ty_hot

XRP going up, beautiful. Got it around 0.165, it went down to 0.13 i believe, now in a day its up to 0.215. Hope it keeps on going because I am not selling it anytime soon.

Cipherr

Man I really dislike the Cryptopia User Interface in comparison to the Bittrex one
MiAdum6.png

Its bland, and has less color use when updating. I dont really know how to articulate it, but its just... inferior. Going to have to get accustomed to it though. I have seen so many ticker symbols (typically newer ones) that aren't on Bittrex yet but are on Cryptopia.

TeegsD

Currently HODLing ETH, XRP, OMG, LTC, and GNT. And this is all...with not a lot of money. Started with ETH and then used it to buy up some more. I know it might not be worth it, profit-wise, however this has been a great learning experience. I think im gonna diversify some more ETH into ZRX and then Im done for a bit. Just going to watch and sell as things move up. Have already made $4 on my $10 XRP investment, going to wait a bit before I sell some of that off.

The Rizza

Currently HODLing ETH, XRP, OMG, LTC, and GNT. And this is all...with not a lot of money. Started with ETH and then used it to buy up some more. I know it might not be worth it, profit-wise, however this has been a great learning experience. I think im gonna diversify some more ETH into ZRX and then Im done for a bit. Just going to watch and sell as things move up. Have already made $4 on my $10 XRP investment, going to wait a bit before I sell some of that off.

Gotta start somewhere! It's intimidating so it's definitely a good thing you're learning with a lower amount of $ and build up more as you learn more

TeegsD

Gotta start somewhere! It's intimidating so it's definitely a good thing you're learning with a lower amount of $ and build up more as you learn more

That's pretty much it. Going in with only the money I'm ok with losing now is my #1 fundamental. The funny thing is that I still haven't even put in all the USD that I am comfortable with, ETH just went on a big run from $195 to $300 so I decided to spike out of that first. Right now, I'm just watching to see where I can inject the rest of the fiat into first, however I'm not really in any hurry.

Sulik2

Wow this ripple gains. It's about time. With the amount of banks invested in ripple it's price being so low has never made sense.

Brandson

Wow this ripple gains. It's about time. With the amount of banks invested in ripple it's price being so low has never made sense.

XRP is not what banks would be using if they use Ripple though. They would use a completely different private version on a different blockchain that the public can't buy. I have yet to figure out what public XRP is for.

If I wanted to buy Ripple, whats the best place to do it? Is Kraken good? Are they secure and reliable? I'd like to do the third validation step but not sure if I want to send them my SSN and IDs

Also, whats the best place to keep up to date with cryptocurrency news

TeegsD

If I wanted to buy Ripple, whats the best place to do it? Is Kraken good? Are they secure and reliable? I'd like to do the third validation step but not sure if I want to send them my SSN and IDs

Also, whats the best place to keep up to date with cryptocurrency news

I used ShapeShift so I'm not positive on going from fiat straight to XRP :/

I mainly use crypto-related subreddits, I'd start on r/Cryptocurrency and move from there to currency/project-specific subreddits. r/Altcoin has brought lesser known coins to my attention. I also check Cointelegraph, CoinDesk, CryptoCoinNews, and CoinSheet

Sony

Nintendo
I think I'm doing something wrong. Either I'm buying for more then the coins are worth or the transaction fees are high. All the coins in my portfolio are up compared to the price I bought them yet my portfolio value is less than I invested. Peculiar.

ERC
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Oh man, putting money in and out of that is hilariously fun. The gains...

Does it go up and down often? What caused the spike?

Sorry that the ETH retracement was so illogical this time. It was quite odd that people were willing to sell below $300 after that run, let alone $320. I had considered selling around $338-341 after failing to reach up to $350 the second time but wasn't able to monitor it closely at that time, so I just held. At least the sell walls aren't as big now. A small victory.

I made a very small profit from it but still, had I not botched identifying highs and lows, I could have sold at 290 and bought back at 250. That would've increased my eth stack by 16%.

I've started to read what the people at tradingview.com are saying, here are few popular ones

https://www.tradingview.com/u/DLavrov/
https://www.tradingview.com/u/MarcPMarkets/
https://www.tradingview.com/u/DianKemala/

DonMigs85

Think what I'll do is wait for BNB to pump a bit, then get into the Avalon ICO. Helps take away the stinging sensation of missing out on Monaco.

Danielsan

Which outlet?
Bittrex. Buddy of mine has the same issue. We deposited around the same time. Previous deposits only took 1-2 hours at most.

Edit: Seems it's just really really slow. Received the first confirmation out of 2 just now. Here's hoping the second doesn't take another 24 hours.

Donos

Yeah, that's why i always use ETH or another coin to send from A to B. Got burned one time with a BTC transaction which took 10 hours when i wanted to quickly hop on a pump train.

CCS

Banned
Yeah, that's why i always use ETH or another coin to send from A to B. Got burned one time with a BTC transaction which took 10 hours when i wanted to quickly hop on a pump train.

I've had an ETH transaction stuck for almost 12 hours now on Bittrrx, how abnormal is that? Trying to send to Binance to change for BNB.

Sony

Nintendo
BNB is creeping up. Wonder if I should buy more now of wait till it goes down a bit arghhh

Edit: Lesson learned #1: Don't get hysterical over an increase, let it correct first xD

Donos

I've had an ETH transaction stuck for almost 12 hours now on Bittrrx, how abnormal is that? Trying to send to Binance to change for BNB.

Average time with ETH is usually 5 - 15 mins for me. When the whole market is going crazy, they sometimes take longer. Also bittrex and other exchanges have sudden wallet maintenaces from time to time which can be the reason. Had 6 hours ETH transaction to Bittrex at one time.

CCS

Banned
Average time with ETH is usually 5 - 15 mins for me. When the whole market is going crazy, they sometimes take longer. Also bittrex and other exchanges have sudden wallet maintenaces from time to time which can be the reason. Had 6 hours ETH transaction to Bittrex at one time.

Ahh okay, cheers :)

pieface

ARK is struggling a bit at the moment. Wonder what it is going to do.

I'd guess we're going to see a bit of a downtrend, maybe to 35-37k(ish)... and then should shoot up either the release of ACES,Ledger or ARKVM news.

If I was a trader i'd probably sell some now to buy back later but it's a risky move imo.

XRP is doing some bouncing right now, keeps getting to .29, and then drops. It looks like it can't get past .30. If we could even hit $1 would be amazing.

Top Bottom