• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

I will stay at 7$ as I am one of the weirdo's who wants an actual counter-value for my "donation" right then and there and Community Comments doesn't do it for me right now, haha. I tried Q&A once, but the window of opportunity for me getting my question in in time seemed so narrow and unfortunate, it actively annoyed me the two times I have tried, so I probably will never return to that.

Continued my Final Fantasy IV-tablet playthrough as I don't have much else in terms of stream games and I really want to get through Ben's Xenoblade stream - but man, am at Part 8 right now and the amount of hours still in front of me is daunting. :D
Having said that, can't wait for the Injustice stream later, group playthroughs are amazing. Hope that 12 hour Stormblood-marathon will happen in some form.

ShadyK54

As much as RDR2 is his dream & would he would love to talk about it at the top of his lungs, Jones/Brand Manager is too pro to let something like that slip out. (given that he even has the information, which I doubt without a question)

Jones wakes up. He stretches.

"Hmm, I think I'll see what's on the internet today"

Zki6LEk.gif

Or that people outside it watch EZA content. It's not like it was hard to pick up what Jones said.

Yea, I had a friend who just started watching EZA content mention it to me early this morning before I knew what was even going on.

Destiny 2 preview vid and all.

Karu

This is the end of EasyAllies as we know it.

Rockstar will sue them for billions.

New Stretch Goal incoming - "Get us out of jail!". Possible alternative - "Jail Studio!"

LycanXIII

I saw some people in the other thread mention that they didn't know about the new goal/Kyle's project. Since the post about it is public, would someone want to create a thread to promote it?

Finished the Outlast 2 full playthrough. That was a really good playthrough, really "cozy."

Glad I opted to watch the playthrough because if I played that, the story would've made me upset. Not that good and just poorly executed.

Hasney

I saw some people in the other thread mention that they didn't know about the new goal/Kyle's project. Since the post about it is public, would someone want to create a thread to promote it?

Since we're at 44k, may as well wait to see if it happens this month and if it does, make a topic for it.

jett

D-Member
DAT BOSMAN V WOZNIAK RUN

Happy for Kyle, he deserved to reach 500K. Ever since he mentioned months ago he had a 500K gif ready to go I was kinda sad he just couldn't crack the barrier. Even if doesn't beat the Woz, at least he got over that hump.

DAT BOSMAN V WOZNIAK RUN

Happy for Kyle, he deserved to reach 500K. Ever since he mentioned months ago he had a 500K gif ready to go I was kinda sad he just couldn't crack the barrier Even if doesn't beat the Woz, at least he got over that hump.
Oh man. I was so tired I skipped last night. need to catch up

muteki

That part of the podcast where Huber and Brad were suggesting custom Sonics and Kyle was going "...No." should have gone on for at least 10 minutes.

That part of the podcast where Huber and Brad were suggesting custom Sonics and Kyle was going "...No." should have gone on for at least 10 minutes.

I feel like i got a pretty good idea of what most of the allies like, my taste in games line up pretty well with Ben, Huber, and Brad. But Kyle is just a complete wildcard, thats why i like hearing him talk about games because i have no idea what little thing might set him off or make him hyped lol.

ShadyK54

DAT BOSMAN V WOZNIAK RUN

Happy for Kyle, he deserved to reach 500K. Ever since he mentioned months ago he had a 500K gif ready to go I was kinda sad he just couldn't crack the barrier. Even if doesn't beat the Woz, at least he got over that hump.

He finally broke 500K?? Damn, I missed it live! I was watching live, but it was late for me & I ended up crashing. Gonna go watch the upload now.

Mista Koo

Huber preferring a Switch port of a bad 9-year old game that no one asked for (SF2HD) over a great game that is barely a year old that hasn't sold well (SFV)? Probably the silliest thing I've ever heard him say. At the very least he should look at SSFIV 3D sales.
As for him not understanding the hype thing I would refer him to a post from this thread from one Michael Damiani.

Kyle saying that a good game will sell and cites Bomberman R as a reference? That's more of a launch game will sell. That game is an ok Bomberman game at best.

I like Blood's idea for designing dungeons in a mobile Zelda games. I can see it being a Castle Doctrine situation where the other players play your dungeon as this game's version of Toad Rally.

Miscellaneous thoughts:
  • I really don't see Sonic having micro transactions. I really don't see the Injustice comparison.
  • All Most good games this year were Japanese. The average western consumer would rather buy a generic open world shooter a la Wildlands.
  • It's weird to expect people to rebuy games they already own on newer consoles. Reminds me of when they were saying how easy and fast it is to download games.
  • It was uncool how they named and made fun of the Injustice guy when it was literally his first match.
Haha, that cracked me up too. That was the least footbally sounding term for having a kick about I've ever heard.
Yep. Pretty sure it's influenced by how much Americans make fun of football for not ending with double or triple digit points.

abrack08

Kyle saying that a good game will sell and cites Bomberman R as a reference? That's more of a launch game will sell. That game is an ok Bomberman game at best.

Did he really say that? I'm pretty sure he has said he hated that Bomberman game. I think he was just saying if they make non-mobile/pachenko games for their classic franchises people will eventually forgive them.

Budi

• I really don't see Sonic having micro transactions. I really don't see the Injustice comparison.
    [*]All the good games this year are Japanese. The average western consumer would rather buy a generic open world shooter a la Wildlands.
  • It's weird to expect people to rebuy games they already own on newer consoles. Reminds me of when they were saying how easy and fast it is to download games.
  • It was uncool how they named and made fun of the Injustice guy when it was literally his first match.

Hey it's perfectly fine to personally prefer japanese games, but that just isn't true at all. There's plenty of good and even great western games this year that don't unfortunately reach anywhere near Wildlands numbers. Which I bought because of peer pressure even though I wanted to wait for a sale, played about 10 hours. I rarely really regret my purchases, but this time I do. So much better choices than that, but my friends just didn't want to wait.

Mista Koo

Did he really say that? I'm pretty sure he has said he hated that Bomberman game. I think he was just saying if they make non-mobile/pachenko games for their classic franchises people will eventually forgive them.
More or less. Probably because it's the most recent successful Konami console game in a while.

Hey it's perfectly fine to personally prefer japanese games, but that just isn't true at all. There's plenty of great western games this year that don't unfortunately reach anywhere near Wildlands numbers. Which I bought because of peer pressure even though I wanted to wait for a sale, played about 10 hours.
I should've said most. But when it comes to console AAA I don't think there were plenty?

Budi

More or less. Probably because it's the most recent successful Konami console game in a while.

I should've said most. But when it comes to console AAA I don't think there were plenty?

Yeah I don't think I have enough ammo to argue against that. Horizon and Prey (PC version though) were good I guess. But from smaller games I could name way more. Bit bummed that EZA hasn't given any attention to some of those games, not even a mention.

Budi

Man I just saw Huber defend Zack Snyder on the podcast (and Brad too). Why, man.

I was pretty much already tuned out during that conversation and hearing Snyder mentioned didn't really regain my focus, so I missed what they were saying. Dude is a hack, but can deliver some nice visuals from time to time. I guess that's usually enough for blockbuster crowd since he still keeps getting big expensive projects. Would be interesting to see what would come if he couldn't use the budget as a crutch.

So, let's assume Jones did in fact accidentally leak RDR2's release date, could he and EZA face some kind of repercussion from R*?

They aren't going to blacklist EZA because they made a mistake. Especially with the reputation that Jones has developed for the last 15 years or so. He's friends with everyone. Kyle accidentally leaked a couple of games at gametrailers and they never got blacklisted for it.

Karu

Dawn of the Dead Remake is a great movie.
Man of Steel was okay.
Batman v. Superman while technically a bad Film, was very entertaining and had some great moments I actually love.

Meh, seems alright to me.

Budi

Dawn of the Dead Remake is a great movie.
Man of Steel was okay.
Batman v. Superman while technically a bad Film, was very entertaining and had some great moments I actually love.

Meh, seems alright to me.

Didn't really entertain me enough especially considering the lenght. I loved the Batman desert fight scene, it was thrilling. And Affleck is good Batman, so the movie has it's merits for sure. Here's a decent video exactly about "moments" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM and why are those hurting the movies.

Naythan

They aren't going to blacklist EZA because they made a mistake. Especially with the reputation that Jones has developed for the last 15 years or so. He's friends with everyone. Kyle accidentally leaked a couple of games at gametrailers and they never got blacklisted for it.

What did Kyle leak at gametrailers, out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom